Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christian McCaffrey
(10-17-2022, 05:03 PM)Bambam Wrote: Getting McCaffrey would make it easier to use our talent. He is great at pass blocking and he is a huge pass catching option.  This would open up all kinds of options for our WR’s.

Nobody is saying that McCaffrey isn't a tremendous athlete, it's more about how much salary he commands compared to how much time he misses from injury that makes him seem like a not so good deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nobody is saying that McCaffrey isn't a tremendous athlete, it's more about how much salary he commands compared to how much time he misses from injury that makes him seem like a not so good deal.

I hear you but his contract compared to mixon’s is only a couple million a year. I think it’s worth a chance to drastically improve the team.
Reply/Quote
I want no part of C-MAC. Great player, but running backs aren't very impactful compared to their price tag and he is as fragile as they come. He would not produce enough to justify his cost and barely moves the needle for Cincinnati. Note, that isn't to say he isn't better than Mixon. He absolutely is, it is just that an elite running back doesn't move the needle much for a team. Cincinnati would be better off cutting Mixon, saving that money and replacing him with a late round draft pick. The production would largely be the same for a fraction of the cost.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Bambam Wrote: I hope the Bengals are inquiring what it would take to acquire Christian.  I would offer Joe Mixon and a first rounder.  McCaffrey would immediately make the offensive line better and make the Bengals the team to beat in the AFC.  The window to win the Super Bowl is only open for so long.  They need to give it everything they can to reach the peak of the mountain.

Until he gets injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I want no part of C-MAC. Great player, but running backs aren't very impactful compared to their price tag and he is as fragile as they come. He would not produce enough to justify his cost and barely moves the needle for Cincinnati. Note, that isn't to say he isn't better than Mixon. He absolutely is, it is just that an elite running back doesn't move the needle much for a team. Cincinnati would be better off cutting Mixon, saving that money and replacing him with a late round draft pick. The production would largely be the same for a fraction of the cost.

I don’t disagree about doing that in the off season. I am more worried about this season. I would rather have CMC to finish up this season with a chance to make another super bowl run.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:13 PM)Bambam Wrote: I don’t disagree about doing that in the off season.  I am more worried about this season.  I would rather have CMC to finish up this season with a chance to make another super bowl run.

CMC barely moves the needle for this team. Elite RBs just aren't that valuable. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: CMC barely moves the needle for this team. Elite RBs just aren't that valuable. 

I agree to disagree. A player like CMC is a great receiver out of the backfield, our line gets better because we have quick dump offs. He would be a great safety valve for Joe. He is also great at pass blocking which is something Mixon is terrible at.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:31 PM)Bambam Wrote: I agree to disagree.  A player like CMC is a great receiver out of the backfield, our line gets better because we have quick dump offs. He would be a great safety valve for Joe. He is also great at pass blocking which is something Mixon is terrible at.

Hey, fair enough. Agreeing to disagree is fine by me. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think they move him.  He doesn't seem to be in mutiny mode, the only teams that will make offers will likely be picking way late so whatever they give will be damn near a round later, and if they get rid of him they're going to have a harder time getting a QB or HC to sign up there and/or the new regime will start out instantly talent-poor.

And I'm looking on the Panther's board and someone posted this:

Trading CMC for some of the deals you see floated out there (PFF mentioned Bills sending a 2023 4th and a 2024 2nd) when trading him only nets Carolina $1.1m in cap space in 2023 makes no sense especially because none of his salary is guaranteed after this season.
Reply/Quote
Great 'til he breaks. We had a toy like that with Eifert.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Cam akers is available - would cost way less and he's much younger.
Reply/Quote
As has been stated by nearly everybody. Great player but he's injured and out way too much for his salary.

Pass
Reply/Quote
I’d rather see us try and fleece LA for Akers if we went after a RB. Much more manageable contract, so even with him coming off injury, it’d be low risk high reward.
Reply/Quote
Bills won't be signing CMC

Quote:Looking at each of the favorites, there are reasons for each to be cautious about adding McCaffrey to their roster.

The Buffalo Bills are a team that should be looking at winning over the next five years. With a prime Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs and an emerging Gabe Davis, they already have a core that has shown they can win big games. Their Week 6 win over the Kansas City Chiefs is the latest example.

While adding McCaffrey would obviously make them more explosive, it would also compromise their financial flexibility moving forward. They are already more than $8 million over the cap for 2023, per Spotrac.

That's when McCaffrey's cap hit goes from $8.8 million to $19.6 million. As Ian Rapoport of NFL Network noted, the team trading for McCaffrey would essentially inherit a three-year $36 million contract.

With Josh Allen's deal ballooning every year, finding the cap space for McCaffrey would be a burdensome challenge.

McCaffrey has the highest annual average value of any running back. Here are the others who comprise the top five: Alvin Kamara, Ezekiel Elliott, Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry.

All four are supremely talented running backs. However, their teams are a combined 2-5 over the last two years in the postseason. A great running back can help you get to the playoffs but isn't necessarily moving the needle of playoff success.

Even for those who can afford to pick up the tab for McCaffrey, he's a dangerous long-term investment.

Six healthy games to start the 2022 season has seemingly made some forget that CMC was unable to stay on the field over the last two seasons. It wasn't as though McCaffrey suffered one major injury that he has finally recovered from.

McCaffrey missed time in the 2020 and 2021 campaigns with ankle, shoulder and knee injuries. Draft Sharks puts the likelihood that he suffers an injury for the season at 84 percent, or 10.2 percent per game.

That's when McCaffrey's cap hit goes from $8.8 million to $19.6 million. As Ian Rapoport of NFL Network noted, the team trading for McCaffrey would essentially inherit a three-year $36 million contract.

With Josh Allen's deal ballooning every year, finding the cap space for McCaffrey would be a burdensome challenge.

McCaffrey has the highest annual average value of any running back. Here are the others who comprise the top five: Alvin Kamara, Ezekiel Elliott, Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry.

All four are supremely talented running backs. However, their teams are a combined 2-5 over the last two years in the postseason. A great running back can help you get to the playoffs but isn't necessarily moving the needle of playoff success.

Even for those who can afford to pick up the tab for McCaffrey, he's a dangerous long-term investment.

Six healthy games to start the 2022 season has seemingly made some forget that CMC was unable to stay on the field over the last two seasons. It wasn't as though McCaffrey suffered one major injury that he has finally recovered from.

McCaffrey missed time in the 2020 and 2021 campaigns with ankle, shoulder and knee injuries. Draft Sharks puts the likelihood that he suffers an injury for the season at 84 percent, or 10.2 percent per game.

So add to all of that these are the running backs who will be free agents at the end of this season....
Sayquan Barkley-NYG
Damien Harris-NE
Kareem Hunt- Cleveland
Josh Jacobs- LVR
David Mongomery- Chi
Miles Sanders-Phi
Tony Pollard- Dallas
Devin Singletary-Buffalo
Jamaal Williams-DET
Rashad Penny- Seattle

Not to mention the RB's in the upcoming draft, a team would be stupid to spend that kind of money on CMC with his injury history.
Reply/Quote

Looks like a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in 2023 and a 5th in 2024.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Pretty impressive haul of picks.
Reply/Quote
Panthers trade Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers for draft picks. Specific details will come out in the morning.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:04 AM)pally Wrote: Panthers trade Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers for draft picks.  Specific details will come out in the morning.

How good do you think this makes the 49ers? This gives them 2 swiss army athletes on offense now.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:53 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How good do you think this makes the 49ers? This gives them 2 swiss army athletes on offense now.

i was just coming here to say Debo + McCaffrey....  Jesus
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i was just coming here to say Debo + McCaffrey....  Jesus

Yeah but he wouldn’t have made the Bengals any better. http://i.imgur.com/UHFaDHF.png?1

If we would have given up Mixon in the deal we could have had him for less than the picks. Plus, he is only making 1 mil this season.
Reply/Quote