Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(09-28-2015, 11:58 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: And that affects your life how? Aren't you always the ones that say live and let live?

Don't be angry there little fella. It's OK.

When have I ever said live and let live?

Could ya try to stop arguing with the faceless hoard of libroolz Ann Coulter put in your head long enough to have a discussion with people without resorting to glittering generalities? Or is that too much to ask of you?
(09-29-2015, 12:32 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Oh yeah! I forgot about d. annoying psuedo-psychoanalysis in which you're compared to a juvenile for not being mature enough to believe in that for which there is no evidence.

Thanks for reminding me.

I bet it's very annoying when people call you out for being a cliche. It's one thing to not believe in god, it's another spend a great deal of time attacking those who do. If you're happy with your belief, just be happy. I don't think you are though.
(09-29-2015, 12:41 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I bet it's very annoying when people call you out for being a cliche. It's one thing to not believe in god, it's another spend a great deal of time attacking those who do. If you're happy with your belief, just be happy. I don't think you are though.

Just as long as you know we're angry because you people are annoying, and not because we don't have Gawd in our hearts, I couldn't care less if you file us under "Angry Atheists". Your thoughts about my feelings are irrelevant to me.
(09-29-2015, 12:36 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: When have I ever said live and let live?

Could ya try to stop arguing with the faceless hoard of libroolz Ann Coulter put in your head long enough to have a discussion with people without resorting to glittering generalities? Or is that too much to ask of you?

So you believe gay marriage affects the lives of those opposed to it?
(09-29-2015, 12:51 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Just as long as you know we're angry because you people are annoying, and not because we don't have Gawd in our hearts, I couldn't care less if you file us under "Angry Atheists". Your thoughts about my feelings are irrelevant to me.

Yet your thoughts about his religious beliefs are relevant...so relevant they make you angry.
(09-29-2015, 01:08 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: So you believe gay marriage affects the lives of those opposed to it?

I'm sure it does, in ways that nobody should care about or sympathize with.

I don't question that many of your ilk are losing sleep as you struggle to suppress thoughts of men kissing and nightmares about the coming tribulation. I just don't give a shit. Neither does the Supreme Court. Sorry bud!
(09-29-2015, 12:51 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Just as long as you know we're angry because you people are annoying, and not because we don't have Gawd in our hearts, I couldn't care less if you file us under "Angry Atheists". Your thoughts about my feelings are irrelevant to me.

Do you live in Vatican city or something? There's no way a normal person has your level of anger for christians. Your anger for christians approaches ISISian levels.
(09-28-2015, 11:46 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: There's only so many times a human being can listen to the same silliness over and over before they start to get a little pissed every time somebody tries to use the same old tricks again.

Talking to a Christian usually boils down to either a. one of the popular (yet debunked) "logical" arguments for God's existence, b. the "I had an experience" fallacy, or, most popular on this board, c. a bombardment of inane, deliberately ambiguous questions about science with the hope of finally poking a hole and filling the gap with their god of choice.

It's a rare treat when the conversation goes above that level. Sadly, it almost never does. Thus the annoyance.

Just so you are aware, there are plenty of people of faith that believe in and understand science. They don't try to use their faith as a way to justify taking the rights of others. It's about feeling the love of Christ and sharing that love with others (respectfully for those of us like that). Generalizing and lumping all of us in with the types that are really the minority, just the loudest, doesn't do much to help your side. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-29-2015, 07:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Just so you are aware, there are plenty of people of faith that believe in and understand science. They don't try to use their faith as a way to justify taking the rights of others. It's about feeling the love of Christ and sharing that love with others (respectfully for those of us like that). Generalizing and lumping all of us in with the types that are really the minority, just the loudest, doesn't do much to help your side. LOL

Yeah I think a lot of people are more middle of the road.  But I agree many religious folk are reasonable and understand science. I have many friends that are religious.  Also just as you mentioned those of faith not being able to take rights of those that don't believe, I too believe that those that don't believe shouldn't be able to take the rights of those who do.  Every one has the right to worship as they choose or not at all.
(09-29-2015, 10:33 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yeah I think a lot of people are more middle of the road.  But I agree many religious folk are reasonable and understand science. I have many friends that are religious.  Also just as you mentioned those of faith not being able to take rights of those that don't believe, I too believe that those that don't believe shouldn't be able to take the rights of those who do.  Every one has the right to worship as they choose or not at all.

I used to think that because the people I grew up with and hung around with were like that.

A few of them have changed as they got older and will outright deny the same science they agreed with before because...god.

Also I am art of a church group that plays darts with other churches in out community.  There is a mix of faiths involved.  I have heard actual conversations from grown men who have families and jobs, some of whom have served in the military and traveled the world, that they can't believe anyone would believe in evolution or that the earth is more than 6000 years old.

Perfectly reasonable people otherwise who believe the bible is not 100% true...but also 100% accurate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-28-2015, 07:13 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It strictly replaces the christian God and that's why there's pushback, as I've said. I believe in both but I try not to think about it too much.

No, it does not.   You are my evidence it does not. You believe in a Christian God AND evolution, hypocrite.

Quote:Either we evolved from a common ancestor with apes or we were created in the garden of Eden in god's image.

Trying to merge the 2 just gives you an episode of ancient aliens

Yet, you claim to believe in both. You're such a fraud it's laughable.
(09-29-2015, 10:57 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No, it does not.   You are my evidence it does not. You believe in a Christian God AND evolution, hypocrite.

Yet, you claim to believe in both. You're such a fraud it's laughable.

I've been completely honest, no fraud at all.
(09-29-2015, 11:40 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I've been completely honest, no fraud at all.

I'm being completely honest when I write I don't believe a damn thing you write anymore.
(09-29-2015, 12:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm being completely honest when I write I don't believe a damn thing you write anymore.

You didn't start to hate me until I mentioned going to school for engineering. I think maybe you've got some educational issues? Who knows. Maybe you should just stop responding to my posts.
(09-29-2015, 12:47 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: You didn't start to hate me until I mentioned going to school for engineering. 

I think you're a fraud.  I don't hate you.  That is a completely illogical conclusion.  Like I wrote before, engineering requires a certain level of intelligence your logic indicates you don't possess. I gave you the benefit of the doubt until you removed the doubt.

Quote:I think maybe you've got some educational issues? Who knows. 

Another illogical conclusion.

Quote:Maybe you should just stop responding to my posts.

Why?
(09-28-2015, 11:59 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I'll just say hey, there's no atheists in foxholes.

But there has to be some reason for why you all seem so angry. I remember when I was 15 and thought I had the world all figured out and thought christians were stupid blah blah and then I realized I was just angry, about what? No idea, but I got over it. It seems like some people never get over it.

[Image: atheists-anger.jpg]

The only time I get angry with religious people is when they use their religion to persecute people or try to force their beliefs on others.
(09-28-2015, 11:59 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I'll just say hey, there's no atheists in foxholes.

But there has to be some reason for why you all seem so angry. I remember when I was 15 and thought I had the world all figured out and thought christians were stupid blah blah and then I realized I was just angry, about what? No idea, but I got over it. It seems like some people never get over it.

Hmm...I'm thinking you don't know may if any Atheists at all.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-29-2015, 01:19 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Do you live in Vatican city or something? There's no way a normal person has your level of anger for christians. Your anger for christians approaches ISISian levels.

[Image: giphy-1.gif?w=600]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(09-29-2015, 04:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Hmm...I'm thinking you don't know may if any Atheists at all.  

[Image: end-the-atheists-in-foxholes-arguement.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-29-2015, 05:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: end-the-atheists-in-foxholes-arguement.jpg]

Great quote.