Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(09-28-2015, 11:32 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I believe in god and evolution, but I don't try to merge the two, as it just creates a bastardized version of both. I have my faith, and I have an analytical nature and I know how to keep them separate.

Why do atheists always seem so angry?

If you had an analytical nature it would be quite easy to analyze how evolution and Genesis can co-exist without creating a bastardized version of both.  You have stated repeatedly, "I try not to think about it."  People with an analytical nature analyze things.  In order to analyze things it is an absolute requirement you must think about stuff.  It's just another one of your bullshit claims.  You're an analyzer who tries not to think about stuff.  You claim evolution replaces your god, but you still believe in your god despite your belief in evolution.  You claim believing in evolution and Genesis would only result in an ancient aliens episode, yet you believe in both.  You're a fraud and a liar.

I don't know why you believe atheists always seem so angry.  Why don't you ask an atheist?
(09-28-2015, 11:59 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I'll just say hey, there's no atheists in foxholes.

But there has to be some reason for why you all seem so angry. I remember when I was 15 and thought I had the world all figured out and thought christians were stupid blah blah and then I realized I was just angry, about what? No idea, but I got over it. It seems like some people never get over it.

How would you know there aren't any atheists in foxholes?
(09-30-2015, 10:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How would you know there aren't any atheists in foxholes?

He doesn't.

He needs to learn a bit about the real world.  First of all he should learn a bit about Pat Tilman.
(09-30-2015, 10:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How would you know there aren't any atheists in foxholes?

I know a couple.
They are sociopaths that make outstanding killing machines.
I'm not saying all are, but I'm surprised these guys didn't re-up or go PMC.
(09-30-2015, 10:37 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you had an analytical nature it would be quite easy to analyze how evolution and Genesis can co-exist without creating a bastardized version of both.  You have stated repeatedly, "I try not to think about it."  People with an analytical nature analyze things.  In order to analyze things it is an absolute requirement you must think about stuff.  It's just another one of your bullshit claims.  You're an analyzer who tries not to think about stuff.  You claim evolution replaces your god, but you still believe in your god despite your belief in evolution.  You claim believing in evolution and Genesis would only result in an ancient aliens episode, yet you believe in both.  You're a fraud and a liar.

I don't know why you believe atheists always seem so angry.  Why don't you ask an atheist?

Evolution says man evolved from a common ancestor with primates, through a process that was, for lack of a better term, random. The bible says man was created by God, through a process that was by no means random. I simply don't see how it's possible to combine the two without taking away from each. I don't want to do that because of how much I respect both.

Ok, I'll ask you, why do you seem so angry? Don't say it's because of me, I saw some of your posts before I started posting, you and the other guy seemed angry.
(09-30-2015, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He doesn't.

He needs to learn a bit about the real world.  First of all he should learn a bit about Pat Tilman.

I didn't know pat Tillman was an atheist. Did he have any kids?

It's a saying. It implies that atheists turn to religion when they are scared.
(09-29-2015, 05:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: end-the-atheists-in-foxholes-arguement.jpg]

Ridiculous. Stalin was an atheist
(09-29-2015, 04:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Hmm...I'm thinking you don't know may if any Atheists at all.  

Not anymore, but I did at one point. Most of them grew out of it.

It's just a silly way to live, imo. It turns people into jaded, angry individuals.
(10-01-2015, 12:44 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Reiduclous. Stalin was an atheist

...and Albert Einstein was not; but he wasn't very smart. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-01-2015, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and Albert Einstein was not; but he wasn't very smart. 

He was a pantheist in the mold of Spinoza.

I know you have zero clue what that means. But to put it as simply as possible: he did not believe in anything like what you call "god". Not even slightly. Not even a little bit.
(10-01-2015, 12:46 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Not anymore, but I did at one point. Most of them grew out of it.

It's just a silly way to live, imo. It turns people into jaded, angry individuals.

It seems that this is literally the only thing you have to say about atheism.

Basically, "I knew some kids who went through an atheist phase. They got all angry. They grew out of it. They are Gawd-believers again." Therefore, you conclude, atheism is incorrect.

Please tell me how your conclusion follows from any of your highly subjective, personal observations which we have no way of confirming.
(10-01-2015, 12:34 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Evolution says man evolved from a common ancestor with primates, through a process that was, for lack of a better term, random. The bible says man was created by God, through a process that was by no means random. I simply don't see how it's possible to combine the two without taking away from each. I don't want to do that because of how much I respect both.

Ok, I'll ask you, why do you seem so angry? Don't say it's because of me, I saw some of your posts before I started posting, you and the other guy seemed angry.

Evolution does not claim changes are random. I think that is where the breakdown is here. Evolution occurs as a result of adaptations to the environment. But there is nothing in evolutionary theory that says these changes are random or that remove a possibility of a higher power. It is quite easy to fit the concept of a "guiding hand" in evolution and there is nothing to deny that is the case. It takes nothing away from religion or evolutionary theory. Reconciling intelligent design and evolution is very simple if you have faith and logic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-01-2015, 12:44 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Ridiculous. Stalin was an atheist

Stalin was in the KKK?  Confused

(10-01-2015, 12:46 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Not anymore, but I did at one point. Most of them grew out of it.

Funny, the ones I know grew into its as the grew up and did away with all kinds of childhood fears and myths... ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

You just admitted you don't know any Atheists yet you think you know who and how they are.  This is fun.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(10-01-2015, 07:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Evolution does not claim changes are random. I think that is where the breakdown is here. Evolution occurs as a result of adaptations to the environment. But there is nothing in evolutionary theory that says these changes are random or that remove a possibility of a higher power. It is quite easy to fit the concept of a "guiding hand" in evolution and there is nothing to deny that is the case. It takes nothing away from religion or evolutionary theory. Reconciling intelligent design and evolution is very simple if you have faith and logic.

The way evolution has always been presented to me, is that part of the driving force behind it is mutation, which is random.

Something like 99% of mutations are bad and lead to the animal being unfit for survival, while 1% are beneficiary and lead to the animal out competing others and passing it's genes, which carry the mutation.

Didn't blue eyes in humans start as a mutation from one single person?
(10-01-2015, 08:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Stalin was in the KKK?  Confused

Funny, the ones I know grew into its as the grew up and did away with all kinds of childhood fears and myths... ThumbsUp

Stalin, by himself, is far worse than the KKK ever was.

What blows me away is how often I here atheists defend the likes of Stalin, Mao and pol pot
(10-01-2015, 02:36 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It seems that this is literally the only thing you have to say about atheism.

Basically, "I knew some kids who went through an atheist phase. They got all angry. They grew out of it. They are Gawd-believers again." Therefore, you conclude, atheism is incorrect.

Please tell me how your conclusion follows from any of your highly subjective, personal observations which we have no way of confirming.

Well the atheists who don't grow out of it tend become leftists in their adult life.
Naranja Tigre Wrote:Well the atheists who don't grow out of it tend become leftists in their adult life.

Oh, well thank your for clarifying! Allow me to revise my post so you can actually answer this time....

Basically, "I knew some kids who went through an atheist phase. They got all angry. They grew out of it. They are Gawd-believers again. The ones who didn't become Gawd-believers again are leftists in their adult life." Therefore, you conclude, atheism is incorrect.

(10-01-2015, 12:24 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Oh, well thank your for clarifying! Allow me to revise my post so you can actually answer this time....

Basically, "I knew some kids who went through an atheist phase. They got all angry. They grew out of it. They are Gawd-believers again. The ones who didn't become Gawd-believers again are leftists in their adult life." Therefore, you conclude, atheism is incorrect.

First off, I'm done confirming things for you people, you don't admit to being wrong. It's like when you argue with your wife or girlfriend and you're clearly right, but it doesn't matter.

Secondly, if you can't see the correlation between the far left and atheism, then I suggest you build a rocket and leave the moon, or come out of whatever cave you've been in for 80 years.