Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(10-01-2015, 12:28 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: First off, I'm done confirming things for you people, you don't admit to being wrong. It's like when you argue with your wife or girlfriend and you're clearly right, but it doesn't matter.

LMAO Clapping

Oh, of course! Cuz it's impossible that your wife (and girlfriend, apparently) actually could be right and you could be wrong. It's "clear" to you that you're right, and being the rational male, that's all that matters. That's golden right there.

Quote:Secondly, if you can't see the correlation between the far left and atheism, then I suggest you build a rocket and leave the moon, or come out of whatever cave you've been in for 80 years.

Where did I even comment on this point? Like many conservatives on this board, your reading comprehension is very poor.

Let me know when you've "engineered" a response to what I actually said.
(10-01-2015, 07:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Evolution does not claim changes are random.

Mmm...I don't disagree with this but I don't agree with it either.  Adaptations occur due to mutations being selected for based on those mutations providing a benefit to the organism in the current environment.

So while the "changes" are not random in a way given that they can be predictable based on the environmental pressures, the actual mutation is random.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(10-01-2015, 12:17 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: What blows me away is how often I here atheists defend the likes of Stalin, Mao and pol pot

Link?
Really starting to think Naranja must be a leftie's troll account. Even bfine knows to avoid saying much of anything in his posts so his ignorance isn't as apparent as this Naranja character's.
(10-01-2015, 12:17 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Stalin, by himself, is far worse than the KKK ever was.

What blows me away is how often I here atheists defend the likes of Stalin, Mao and pol pot

no you don't

(10-01-2015, 12:28 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Secondly, if you can't see the correlation between the far left and atheism, then I suggest you build a rocket and leave the moon, or come out of whatever cave you've been in for 80 years.

How could you possibly know any of this?  You have admitted to not knowing a single Atheist.

(10-01-2015, 12:46 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's just a silly way to live, imo. It turns people into jaded, angry individuals.

Right, because it is the atheists who squirt all over themselves and organize boycotts when a store employee says "Happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

And it is atheists who who lose their minds and protests when gay people get married.

And it is atheist who organize protests when their "Ten Commandments" are barred from schools.

And it is atheists who murder abortion providers.

And it is atheists who scream bloody murder when they are not allowed to open public meetings with prayers.

Christians are the most sensitive, angry people that i know.  They consider treating everyone the same to be "discrimination against Christians".
(10-01-2015, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

Remember when a member of obama's cabinet said Mao was her favorite philosopher?
(10-01-2015, 12:38 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's a saying. It implies that atheists turn to religion when they are scared.

It is a completely false claim that you tried to use to support your position.

I realize that you think finding the truth is a silly waste of time, but most people don't in a debate setting.
(10-01-2015, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They consider treating everyone the same to be "discrimination against Christians".

ThumbsUp
(10-01-2015, 12:47 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Remember when a member of obama's cabinet said Mao was her favorite philosopher?

Was this cabinet member an atheists?

Link?
(10-01-2015, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because it is the atheists who squirt all over themselves and organize boycotts when a store employee says "Happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

And it is atheists who who lose their minds and protests when gay people get married.

And it is atheist who organize protests when their "Ten Commandments" are barred from schools.

And it is atheists who murder abortion providers.

And it is atheists who scream bloody murder when they are not allowed to open public meetings with prayers.

Christians are the most sensitive, angry people that i know.  They consider treating everyone the same to be "discrimination against Christians".

You really shouldn't bring up the murder or discrimination angle. Atheists have some bloody bloody hands in that regard.

I think everybody is sensitive about what they believe. I think the big difference between atheists and the religious is their level of happiness.
(10-01-2015, 12:52 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: You really shouldn't bring up the murder or discrimination angle. Atheists have some bloody bloody hands in that regard.

I think everybody is sensitive about what they believe. I think the big difference between atheists and the religious is their level of happiness.

What do you know of the happiness level of a group of people you readily admit you don't personally know?

(10-01-2015, 12:52 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote:  I think the big difference between atheists and the religious is their level of happiness.

Then why don't you still believe in Santa Clause?

Kids who believe in Santa Clause are happier than adults.
(10-01-2015, 12:52 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote:  I think the big difference between atheists and the religious is their level of happiness.

Who is happier about gays finally getting equal rights?
(10-01-2015, 12:38 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's a saying. It implies that atheists turn to religion when they are scared.

It's a saying religious people use to justify their decision through the false reduction of others.  It's the weak mans faith.

(10-01-2015, 12:52 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: You really shouldn't bring up the murder or discrimination angle. Atheists have some bloody bloody hands in that regard.

And you really shouldn't deny that Christians do exactly the same thing because they are so happy all the time.
(10-01-2015, 02:33 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He was a pantheist in the mold of Spinoza.

I know you have zero clue what that means. But to put it as simply as possible: he did not believe in anything like what you  call "god". Not even slightly. Not even a little bit.

As I said: he was not an Atheist, but apparently, I am the one with no clue.

You can assume you do; however, you have no idea what I call God. But you are not alone on this erroneous conclusion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-01-2015, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: he was not an Atheist, but apparently, I am the one with no clue.

You can assume you do; however, you have no idea what I call God. But you are not alone on this erroneous conclusion.

I didn't dispute he was not an atheist. He subscribed to the now mostly-abandoned god of Spinoza.

Doesn't change my point. You believe in the god of the Bible; therefore, whatever your interpretation of that god, your god has nothing in relation to what Einstein and Spinoza called "god".

"From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist."--Albert Einstein
(10-01-2015, 12:34 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Mmm...I don't disagree with this but I don't agree with it either.  Adaptations occur due to mutations being selected for based on those mutations providing a benefit to the organism in the current environment.

So while the "changes" are not random in a way given that they can be predictable based on the environmental pressures, the actual mutation is random.

This would be why I say changes. Regardless of it all, randomness does not exclude the potential for intelligent design or a higher power. Random just means unpredictable or without a pattern. It does not mean that there isn't something else at work.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR