Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian group vandalizes ancient Mexican archaeological site
http://deadstate.org/christian-group-vandalizes-ancient-mexican-archeological-site-claiming-its-linked-to-devil-worship/

Quote:Members of a Jehovah’s Witness sect have been accused of vandalizing a 7,000-year-old archeological site in eastern Mexico – all in an effort to stamp out “Devil worship.”

The sect targeted the ancient ceremonial area because it was “not Christian” and destroyed “at least a dozen” stone alters built by the indigenous Otomi people at the San Bartolo Tutotepec archeological site, according to TeleSur TV.

Members of the sect say the destruction was motivated by a belief that the ancient Indigenous religion involved devil worship. The perpetrators claim that they were following the word of god by destroying the temple site.

The Otomi people still hold the site sacred and archeologist say that the site is comparible to Mecca for Muslims or the Vatican for Christians, with people making pilgrimages to the site every year. The ancient religion of the Otomis traditionally holds sacred various deities including earth, water, and fire.

It’s still unknown how the Jehovah’s Witnesses accessed the site, considering that it protected by local indigenous people with access granted to only worshippers.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/jehovahs-witnesses-accused-of-vandalizing-7000-year-old-pyramid-out-of-fears-of-devil-worship/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Ugh.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Hhhmmmmm.....not sure I would call Jehovah's Witness Christian, as they do not believe in the Holy Trinity.....the basis of the Bible and the religion.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-29-2016, 10:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hhhmmmmm.....not sure I would call Jehovah's Witness Christian, as they do not believe in the Holy Trinity.....the basis of the Bible and the religion.

That is what they call themselves.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/are-jehovahs-witnesses-christians/

Quote:Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Christians?

00:00

[/url]

01:21

Download
[url=https://www.jw.org/download/?docid=502012470&output=html&fileformat=MP3%2CAAC&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0]
Yes. We are Christians for the following reasons:

• We try to follow closely the teachings and behavior of Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:21.
  • We believe that Jesus is the key to salvation, that “there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”—Acts 4:12.
  • When people become Jehovah’s Witnesses, they are baptized in the name of Jesus.—Matthew 28:18, 19.
  • We offer our prayers in Jesus’ name.—John 15:16.
  • We believe that Jesus is the Head, or the one appointed to have authority, over every man.—1 Corinthians 11:3.

However, in a number of ways, we are different from other religious groups that are called Christian. For example, we believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God, not part of a Trinity. (Mark 12:29) We do not believe that the soul is immortal, that there is any basis in Scripture for saying that God tortures people in an everlasting hell, or that those who take the lead in religious activities should have titles that elevate them above others.—Ecclesiastes 9:5; Ezekiel 18:4;Matthew 23:8-10.
(06-29-2016, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: That is what they call themselves.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/are-jehovahs-witnesses-christians/

So......doesn't mean they're right.  Some even view them as a cult......surely this isn't new knowledge to you.

(06-29-2016, 11:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: So......doesn't mean they're right.  Some even view them as a cult......surely this isn't new knowledge to you.

Not at all. 

All religions are cults.  We just accept some and not others as "real" religions.

But if they say they are Christian and give their reasons as such shouldn't we count that?  
Whether or not a minority denomination of a religion is part of that religion depends on how a majority associated with that religion view them.

Some don't consider Catholics to be Christians, which is silly. I think it's safe to say that no one group speaks for all of a religion, but it's also not up to us to declare them not followers because they disagree with some components that others agree with, especially if they're not trying to bastardize it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-29-2016, 10:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hhhmmmmm.....not sure I would call Jehovah's Witness Christian, as they do not believe in the Holy Trinity.....the basis of the Bible and the religion.

I always thought the basis of Christianity was to treat others as oneself would want to be treated, and love God with all your heart. And anyone that breaks either of those 'commandments' isn't really a true Christian, which would mean there are and were a butt-load of Christians out there that really aren't. I dont know, just my take from reading what JC himself supposedly said.

On topic, they should go to go a Mexican jail for these crimes. Granted they aren't nearly as bad as what ISIS is doing in Syria & Iraq in destroying ancient historical remains, but they are following the same sort of dumb*** mindset they are, which is disturbing to say the least.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-29-2016, 11:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not at all. 

All religions are cults.  We just accept some and not others as "real" religions.

But if they say they are Christian and give their reasons as such shouldn't we count that?  

Well, the Mormons self identify as Christians too, but I don't recall any sections of the Bible endorsing polygamy, or acknowledging John Smith, so there's that. Mellow

(06-29-2016, 11:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Well, the Mormons self identify as Christians too, but I don't recall any sections of the Bible endorsing polygamy, or acknowledging John Smith, so there's that. Mellow

http://creation.com/does-the-bible-clearly-teach-monogamy

I guess "endorsed" is the wrong word.

Allowed?
Permitted in certain circumstances?

That link is showing why it is wrong and God really wanted people to be monogamous...but it also has the references to the polygamy in the bible and how it went unpunished for the most part.

However, again, I didn't call them Christian.  They called themselves that.
(06-29-2016, 11:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Whether or not a minority denomination of a religion is part of that religion depends on how a majority associated with that religion view them.

Some don't consider Catholics to be Christians, which is silly. I think it's safe to say that no one group speaks for all of a religion, but it's also not up to us to declare them not followers because they disagree with some components that others agree with, especially if they're not trying to bastardize it.

I can agree with that, but most sects/denominations acknowledge the Holy Trinity as the basis of everything.....so, maybe it's just my own bias, but I have a hard time viewing any group that doesn't acknowledge that as truly Christian.  That said, I was raised in a Christian household, and in no way shape, form, or fashion would I ever consider something like this.  Jesus taught us compassion, empathy, and peace.  It would be our job to witness to the sinners, not trash their property and bludgeon them into following.

(06-29-2016, 11:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: I can agree with that, but most sects/denominations acknowledge the Holy Trinity as the basis of everything.....so, maybe it's just my own bias, but I have a hard time viewing any group that doesn't acknowledge that as truly Christian. 

Imagine how the Catholics felt during the Protestant reformation and people were disagreeing with things left and right. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-29-2016, 11:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: I can agree with that, but most sects/denominations acknowledge the Holy Trinity as the basis of everything.....so, maybe it's just my own bias, but I have a hard time viewing any group that doesn't acknowledge that as truly Christian.  That said, I was raised in a Christian household, and in no way shape, form, or fashion would I ever consider something like this.  Jesus taught us compassion, empathy, and peace.  It would be our job to witness to the sinners, not trash their property and bludgeon them into following.

I was raised Catholic.  I don't remember being told that the trinity was the basis for being a Christian.  But in all honesty when you are in religion class every day. five days a week, for 12 years...plus mass twice a week...things tend to get fuzzy in the old memory department.
(06-29-2016, 11:30 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I always thought the basis of Christianity was to treat others as oneself would want to be treated, and love God with all your heart. And anyone that breaks either of those 'commandments' isn't really a true Christian, which would mean there are and were a butt-load of Christians out there that really aren't. I dont know, just my take from reading what JC himself supposedly said.

On topic, they should go to go a Mexican jail for these crimes. Granted they aren't nearly as bad as what ISIS is doing in Syria & Iraq in destroying ancient historical remains, but they are following the same sort of dumb*** mindset they are, which is disturbing to say the least.

Yes, I agree with your last statement, as to the former.....you are correct, but the Holy Trinity means "the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit".  There sure are a lot of hypocrites out there, and sinners that ask for forgiveness, such as myself.  I cuss a little too much, drink a few too many beers on occasion, but I try my hardest to do unto others as I want them to do unto me.  

(06-29-2016, 11:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Imagine how the Catholics felt during the Protestant reformation and people were disagreeing with things left and right. 

True that.

(06-29-2016, 11:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Imagine how the Catholics felt during the Protestant reformation and people were disagreeing with things left and right. 

Yeah but now that they are in hell, who gets the last laugh? Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-29-2016, 10:22 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hhhmmmmm.....not sure I would call Jehovah's Witness Christian, as they do not believe in the Holy Trinity.....the basis of the Bible and the religion.

I don't think the OP calling JWs Christians is much of an issue. I will saying that stating they did it when the article states they have only been accused of doing it, may be a little more misleading. I'm not even sure if the article points to who accused them.

Reminds me of a time when Lucie accidently said wins instead of participates in a title. Folks lost their minds; here, not so much.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-29-2016, 11:53 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I can agree with that, but most sects/denominations acknowledge the Holy Trinity as the basis of everything.....so, maybe it's just my own bias, but I have a hard time viewing any group that doesn't acknowledge that as truly Christian.  That said, I was raised in a Christian household, and in no way shape, form, or fashion would I ever consider something like this.  Jesus taught us compassion, empathy, and peace.  It would be our job to witness to the sinners, not trash their property and bludgeon them into following.

It's really just a title and if someone wants to consider themselves Christians then that's their choice. I do agree that the Trinity is the keystone belief in Christianity and disagree with those that do not believe in it as labeling themselves as such. For instance Jews believe in Jesus.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-29-2016, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's really just a title and if someone wants to consider themselves Christians then that's their choice. I do agree that the Trinity is the keystone belief in Christianity and disagree with those that do not believe in it as labeling themselves as such. For instance Jews believe in Jesus.

But they only believe he was a profit.  Not the Messiah.
(06-29-2016, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: But they only believe he was a profit.  Not the Messiah.

Profit you say!?  $$$$$$$$$$$