Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas for Her!
Yeah, it's that time of year when it's time to pick a few gifts for the wife, girlfriend, etc. As a dude, I have struggled with this my entire life. WTF do women want? LOL. So was curious what some of you are thinking of getting your partner? Hoping to steal a few ideas here. I usually pull off a good Christmas for my wife, but getting there is tough sometimes. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, it's that time of year when it's time to pick a few gifts for the wife, girlfriend, etc. As a dude, I have struggled with this my entire life. WTF do women want? LOL. So was curious what some of you are thinking of getting your partner? Hoping to steal a few ideas here. I usually pull off a good Christmas for my wife, but getting there is tough sometimes. 

Ask her what she wants and then buy it. Thats what I do. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I actually did but she said she wanted one of those robot vacuums. I will end up getting her one, but I would like to get her something thoughtful, or something that is not household maintenance related, lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, it's that time of year when it's time to pick a few gifts for the wife, girlfriend, etc. As a dude, I have struggled with this my entire life. WTF do women want? LOL. So was curious what some of you are thinking of getting your partner? Hoping to steal a few ideas here. I usually pull off a good Christmas for my wife, but getting there is tough sometimes. 

thinking of taking the wife and our dads to the Tran Siberian orchestra for Christmas...

Generally whenever my wife really wants something reasonable I get it for her then... 

She wants a 1,000 dollar ring but I said we need a house first.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thinking of taking the wife and our dads to the Tran Siberian orchestra for Christmas...

Generally whenever my wife really wants something reasonable I get it for her then... 

My wife doesn't like jewelry. I guess I'm pretty lucky in that category.

Reply/Quote
P!nk tickets. My wife likes music, and I like for her to go out-of-state to concerts.

Win-win!
Reply/Quote
I got my Missus an October birthstone pendant to put on her charm bracelet for the birth of our son this past year.  I also got her a nice necklace with one of those Forever Hearts and the dancing diamond in the middle.  I thought about getting her tickets to Chris Stapleton too, but his concert was already sold out.  so....maybe next time I guess.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thinking of taking the wife and our dads to the Tran Siberian orchestra for Christmas...

Omg. My wife literally just asked me about a ring. She said it was a wife/best friend ring and she thought she saw it on Kay Jewlers commercial.
WTF

Reply/Quote
Consider yourself lucky Harley. My wife's birthday is in a few days so I've got to come up with something twice in just a few weeks. And I have no idea what I'm going to do yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 11:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Consider yourself lucky Harley. My wife's birthday is in a few days so I've got to come up with something twice in just a few weeks. And I have no idea what I'm going to do yet.

LOL... Buy her a nice set of earrings. Give her 1 on Birthday, 1 on Christmas.

Reply/Quote
My gifts generally work out to be wine related in some way or other. And she is generally very happy about them...
Reply/Quote
Shit, man, you gotta get her gifts for one day. My girlfriend is Jewish, I gotta get her 8 days worth of gifts.

Just kidding. For her Birthday, I checked out Etsy. Good website where people sell things they make. I found some stuff for some of her interests (silver necklace with her dog's breed, sweatshirt for her favorite TV show, some wall art for WV since she went to WVU).

We agreed one small gift for the holidays (under $30) and then we were gonna split the cost of something bigger for us (maybe a Ruth's Chris dinner or a concert or comedy show, idk yet).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Thinking about giving mine the gift of me not being around anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 04:30 PM)jason Wrote: Thinking about giving mine the gift of me not being around anymore.

Good plan.  Then, you can make up the week after Valentine's Day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 04:30 PM)jason Wrote: Thinking about giving mine the gift of me not being around anymore.

That's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

[Image: A72K_MBCEAAB7Ut.png:large]

Mine does one of those Amazon gift wish lists, so a few clicks and that's the majority of my Christmas to her bought right there.  I would recommend everyone encourage their significant others to do likewise.  Easy peasy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Wife and I went shopping today. Of course all for kids and grandkids. Couldn’t get her to drop a clue on what she wanted. She did say all she wants is a gift card for something small so we could focus on gifts for the family.lol, NOT!

Been married too many times for too long: It’s a trap (drop Star Wars reference here)!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 08:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wife and I went shopping today. Of course all for kids and grandkids. Couldn’t get her to drop a clue on what she wanted. She did say all she wants is a gift card for something small so we could focus on gifts for the family.lol, NOT!

Been married too many times for too long: It’s a trap (drop Star Wars reference here)!

This is the shit I put up with. I nailed it last Christmas, but I've come up short more than once too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I buy cars, she wrecks em.  Her wishlist is short.....VERY short. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
My gf is pretty easy. Gives me several different perfume names that she likes, got her a Victoria Secret gift card, got her a PS4 (she wanted Crash Bandicoot Insane Trilogy so I got her that too), Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-10 on Blu Ray, gift cards to Bath and Bodyworks and Starbucks, paid for her part of the Cruise in January, Boots that she picked out, purse that she picked out from NY & Co. and some other smaller gifts.

I make a list 3 months in advance of stuff she points out in the mall or just mentally note her interests and if I'm not sure about a specific item, I'll let her pick it out or get her a gift card. She's very girly but also a gamer/nerd and I love it lol.

My sister is the most difficult person to buy gifts for and her bday is the 19th of this month so that's really hard to come up with stuff for her. She could ask for something and even send me the link of EXACTLY what she wants and she would still not like it. I just give her money now lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 06:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Omg. My wife literally just asked me about a ring. She said it was a wife/best friend ring and she thought she saw it on Kay Jewlers commercial.
WTF

that's the damn ring she wants...
Reply/Quote