Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas
(12-27-2015, 01:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: One of my favorite idioms is, 'You don't have to slap me in the face with a skunk 3 times before i smell it.'

Always remember, when dealing with steelers fans, this idiom can never be applied.  Cool

I like the old saying, it goes something like, "You can lead a yinzer to a computer, but you can't make him think." 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 01:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Three parts to the post. It looks like you assumed the usual after reading one part of the post. 

The claim he was replying to was about the low quality of smack on this forum. Two of the three parts of his post are clearly a shot at someone else for hanging around a place they claim isn't what it's supposed to be. 

It looks like you read the middle part and assumed it was the typical response from a N00b so you jumped on that and continue to cling to it when my first reaction to reading the post was that he was taking a shot at a steelers fan for hanging around somewhere he thought wasn't worth hanging around. 

P.S. There is a total of one forum where only Bengals fans are allowed. Every single other part of this message board is open to anyone that wants to participate. 

P.P.S. I cringe every time a Bengals fan chides a fan of another team about being here. I never once felt STC was going there.

Show me the part where Vlad actually said that it wasn't worth being here.  That was an inference on STC's part.  I didn't see it because I didn't share that opinion about what Vlad said.  He said that the Smack was bad, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't think it's worth being here.  STC himself suggested that bad smack was 'mildly entertaining'.  Perhaps we Steeler fans feel the same way.  

What you are saying makes sense - from a Bengal fan point of view.  But for someone who doesn't make the same assumptions, it needs some clarification.  I clung to the idea that STC was using 'Steeler fan on a Bengal board' because he stuck with 'you're an idiot' instead of making that clarification (or any additional argument, for that matter).  Opinions that go unexpressed are not self-evident to those who don't share them.  

[Image: you-ll-find-that-many-of-the-truths-we-c...f-view.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 01:49 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It was just that simple. This whole time. Amazing. Though the points in your post will zip right over heads...again. 

Read my response to rfaulk above. 

You refused to express an opinion that I didn't share because you thought it was self-evident fact.  So, yeah, I'm sticking with the idea that the problem here is your inability to communicate.  I can't read your mind, guy. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:11 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Read my response to rfaulk above. 

You refused to express an opinion that I didn't share because you thought it was self-evident fact.  So, yeah, I'm sticking with the idea that the problem here is your inability to communicate.  I can't read your mind, guy. 

Well thank you to rfaulk for reading my mind and clarifying for you. Now I'll be able to sleep tonight. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:03 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Well thank you to rfaulk for reading my mind and clarifying for you. Now I'll be able to sleep tonight. 

He didn't have to.  He knew what you we getting at because he shared your opinion.  But not everyone in the world does. If you've learned that lesson, then I'll be able to sleep too.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 12:48 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Even though my Colts suck this year and probably won't make it to the playoffs, I hope everyone on this board had a Merry Christmas! I know I did. My family threw enough chicken wings at me to show their love and affection. I really appreciate that.

Since I know this is the smack board, here's my smack because the Bengals are playing the Broncos this Sunday - Bengals are going to get bROCKed! Get it? Lol. I know, kinda bad but you get the message.

Merry Christmas everyone!  ThumbsUp

I understand you are holding onto hope and a Bengals win tonight gives the AFCS title to the Texans. And yes, the Colts suck this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:41 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Show me the part where Vlad actually said that it wasn't worth being here.  That was an inference on STC's part.  I didn't see it because I didn't share that opinion about what Vlad said.  He said that the Smack was bad, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't think it's worth being here.  STC himself suggested that bad smack was 'mildly entertaining'.  Perhaps we Steeler fans feel the same way.  

What you are saying makes sense - from a Bengal fan point of view.  But for someone who doesn't make the same assumptions, it needs some clarification.  I clung to the idea that STC was using 'Steeler fan on a Bengal board' because he stuck with 'you're an idiot' instead of making that clarification (or any additional argument, for that matter).  Opinions that go unexpressed are not self-evident to those who don't share them.  

Why are you still defending Vlad? Dude is almost as bad a Poe (almost).  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:47 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Why are you still defending Vlad? Dude is almost as bad a Poe (almost).  Mellow

Poe will be back..............................................around the draft to predict again how great the Ravens will be in 2016

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
So there is a chance the Colts make the playoffs

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/112883/colts-chances-of-making-playoffs-only-about-3300-to-1

3300 to one and only need 10 results of the 16 games Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:47 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He didn't have to.  He knew what you we getting at because he shared your opinion.  But not everyone in the world does. If you've learned that lesson, then I'll be able to sleep too.   Wink

Shared opinion doesn't really apply. I was basing my comprehension on the structure of the post, not what the post was about.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 02:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Shared opinion doesn't really apply. I was basing my comprehension on the structure of the post, not what the post was about.

I'll tell you what you can do with your 'structure'... 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:47 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Why are you still defending Vlad? Dude is almost as bad a Poe (almost).  Mellow

How did you read that as a defense of Vlad?  He was more or less background in that post. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand you are holding onto hope and a Bengals win tonight gives the AFCS title to the Texans. And yes, the Colts suck this year.

Lol... funny how THAT didn't happen! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So there is a chance the Colts make the playoffs

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/112883/colts-chances-of-making-playoffs-only-about-3300-to-1

3300 to one and only need 10 results of the 16 games  Mellow

Yes!

The Colts still have a chance! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:01 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Lol... funny how THAT didn't happen! Hilarious

Yes it did. The colts suck.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 11:27 AM)Beaker Wrote: Yes it did. The colts suck.

You know... as I slurp down my honey wheat and oats with milk bowl for breakfast, I can't help but wonder that even with a 3300 to 1 odds of making the playoffs, I STILL have a reason to cheer and watch the Colts on this 17th and final week of regular season.

As crappy as the Colts have played, they're still not mathematically eliminated.

LOL! Hilarious

"Yes", you're correct, the Colts DO SUCK, big time. But they're still not eliminated. I find that quite humorous.
Reply/Quote