Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church World Service
(12-29-2016, 09:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Everything else the same? Yeah. Having a bias to help those that can relate to you better isn't a bad thing.

Unless the shoe is on the other foot. And by "shoe" of course I mean religious bigotry. Then the "bias" sucks for you. 
(12-29-2016, 10:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm curious to know if you're really curious to know. 

That's curious x2....... you're bi-curious !
Ninja
(12-29-2016, 09:55 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That's nice of them.

Couldn't care less what they decide to do with their resources as long as they're not harming anyone. I'm curious to know where you get this idea that the group is non-Christian because of this. Plenty of churches aid people who are less fortunate internationally, but whateves.

Now where would he get the idea some Christians are loathe to help non-Christians?  Hmm, let me think . . . 

(12-29-2016, 09:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Everything else the same? Yeah. Having a bias to help those that can relate to you better isn't a bad thing.

Maybe it was your suggestion a Christian "bias" against non-Christians wasn't a bad thing, in back-to-back posts no less. Out of the mouths of babes. 
(12-29-2016, 10:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That's curious x2.......

That's one.

Quote:you're bi-curious !
Ninja

That's two.

Seems you're bi-curious, too.  Wanna be bi-curious together?  I kid.  I kid.  (I'm not kidding.)
(12-29-2016, 10:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That's curious x2....... you're bi-curious !
Ninja

I think that is illegal now in Putin's Russia.  Nervous
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Equality before the law is way overrated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-30-2016, 12:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's one.

That's two.

Seems you're bi-curious, too.  Wanna be bi-curious together?  I kid.  I kid.  (I'm not kidding.)

Only if I'm the big spoon.
Send pics...
Ninja

(12-30-2016, 12:06 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think that is illegal now in Putin's Russia.  Nervous

Putin....... Put...in..... PUT IN !!
It can't be illegal with a suggestive name, like that.
Smirk
(12-30-2016, 12:08 AM)Dill Wrote: Equality before the law is way overrated.

Dill, renting to others who can relate to you better isn't a bad thing.  Nor is hiring others who can relate to you better.

But, I digress.  It is common knowledge Jesus only helped Christian refugees because as a Jew, they related to him better.
(12-30-2016, 12:14 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Only if I'm the big spoon.
Send pics...
Ninja

Putin....... Put...in..... PUT IN !!
It can't be illegal with a suggestive name, like that.
Smirk

Dude, everyone who has been to Ranger School in the winter knows we rotate who gets to be the big spoon.

[Image: 13263f057a441ecadf3b15698b6eb13a.jpg]

[Image: johnny-depp-amber-heard-rum-diary-london-06.jpg]

[Image: slideshows-mens-standalone-gq-feature-05...00005f.jpg]

[Image: megan_fox_transformers_motorcycle.jpg]

[Image: a5b4ca6bcb2310454935412862d8cd79.jpg]

[Image: Rvm3nOGUNj8.jpg]

[Image: Thandie-2a-768x1024.jpg]

[Image: Ben_Kenobi.png]

(12-30-2016, 01:14 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Dude, everyone who has been to Ranger School in the winter knows we rotate who gets to be the big spoon.

[Image: 13263f057a441ecadf3b15698b6eb13a.jpg]

[Image: johnny-depp-amber-heard-rum-diary-london-06.jpg]

[Image: slideshows-mens-standalone-gq-feature-05...00005f.jpg]

[Image: megan_fox_transformers_motorcycle.jpg]

[Image: a5b4ca6bcb2310454935412862d8cd79.jpg]

[Image: Rvm3nOGUNj8.jpg]

[Image: Thandie-2a-768x1024.jpg]

[Image: Ben_Kenobi.png]

Wow....you have an amazing make-up artist !
They're like Wong-Foo level.

(12-30-2016, 02:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Wow....you have an amazing make-up artist !
They're like Wong-Foo level.

Oh, pictures of me. I thought you wanted pictures people who are bi. 
(12-29-2016, 09:07 PM)Dill Wrote: So if faced with a Muslim family escaping persecution and a Christian family, and we only have space for one, we should bring in the Christians?

Would you extend this to Christians under Israel occupation on the West Bank?

Nice attempt at a Trick question.

1st, If it is a Christian family coming from the Middle East, then they are already being persecuted because of their religious beliefs.

2nd, Now that we've cleared up that both being persecuted, we move to the next step. Christianity is a minority group in the Middle East.

So unless you are a Bigot, then the Christian family should be given priority over the Muslim family. Agreed?
(12-30-2016, 03:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice attempt at a Trick question.

1st, If it is a Christian family coming from the Middle East, then they are already being persecuted because of their religious beliefs.

2nd, Now that we've cleared up that both being persecuted, we move to the next step. Christianity is a minority group in the Middle East.

So unless you are a Bigot, then the Christian family should be given priority over the Muslim family. Agreed?

The Muslim refugees are being persecuted by other Muslims like ISIS.  Therefore, only if you are  a bigot would you give priority to one religious group over another.
(12-30-2016, 03:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Muslim refugees are being persecuted by other Muslims like ISIS.  Therefore, only if you are  a bigot would you give priority to one religious group over another.

I am aware of that and that same group ISIS also persecutes Christians, that is why I established him as equals in the persecution side.

Who is the minority? Christians or Muslims? Aren't you all about pushing for the minorities first?
(12-30-2016, 04:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I am aware of that and that same group ISIS also persecutes Christians, that is why I established him as equals in the persecution side.

Who is the minority? Christians or Muslims? Aren't you all about pushing for the minorities first?

Am I all about pushing the minorities first?  What gave you that impression?
(12-24-2016, 04:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: If that is the main thing you took away from from Catholic School, I think Jesus would be pleased.

Amen.
(12-30-2016, 03:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice attempt at a Trick question.

No.

First the logic isn't very clear here. Zaidi are a smaller minority than Christians and more persecuted, so would you take a Zaidi family over a Christian? Muslims are a minority in Russia, so would you prefer a Muslim family fleeing persecution in Russia over a Christian family?

The fact of persecution is not clear either.

Christians in Bethlehem are persecuted because they are under Israeli occupation. If you grant them the status of political refugees, then you are condemning an ally. Same for Chaldeans in central Iraq.

Finally, All Christians in the Middle East are not persecuted. There are many places, like Mt Nebo in Jordan, where they administer and worship holy sites together. One of the biggest Catholic churches in the Middle East is in Qatar. No persecution there whatsoever. Christians dominate Lebanon.

So a policy of automatically preferring Christians from anywhere in the Middle East because some are persecuted  somewhere there, generally much less than Muslims, doesn't follow from your premises--unless you replace the secular ideal of universal equality with an ideal of inequality founded upon religion.
(12-30-2016, 04:53 PM)Dill Wrote: No.

First the logic isn't very clear here. Zaidi are a smaller minority than Christians and more persecuted, so would you take a Zaidi family over a Christian? Muslims are a minority in Russia, so would you prefer a Muslim family fleeing persecution in Russia over a Christian family?

The fact of persecution is not clear either.

Christians in Bethlehem are persecuted because they are under Israeli occupation. If you grant them the status of political refugees, then you are condemning an ally. Same for Chaldeans in central Iraq.

Finally, All Christians in the Middle East are not persecuted. There are many places, like Mt Nebo in Jordan, where they administer and worship holy sites together. One of the biggest Catholic churches in the Middle East is in Qatar. No persecution there whatsoever. Christians dominate Lebanon.

So a policy of automatically preferring Christians from anywhere in the Middle East because some are persecuted  somewhere there, generally much less than Muslims, doesn't follow from your premises--unless you replace the secular ideal of universal equality with an ideal of inequality founded upon religion.

All things considered equal, Refugees from the Middle East where the only difference is Christian vs Muslim.

Zaidi Christian or Muslim?
Russia is not a part of the Middle East.
Christians in Bethleham are prosecuted by both, extremist Jews and Muslims and barely make up 1% of the total population in Gaza, so yes I would welcome them.
The Chaldeans have a strong presence in Iraq, but I don't know much about them.

I didn't know people were fleeing Jordan, Qatar and Lebanon. So were not talking Refugees then are we? Because they certainly are in the OP.
(12-30-2016, 06:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: All things considered equal, Refugees from the Middle East where the only difference is Christian vs Muslim.

Zaidi Christian or Muslim?
Russia is not a part of the Middle East.
Christians in Bethleham are prosecuted by both, extremist Jews and Muslims and barely make up 1% of the total population in Gaza, so yes I would welcome them.
The Chaldeans have a strong presence in Iraq, but I don't know much about them.

I didn't know people were fleeing Jordan, Qatar and Lebanon. So were not talking Refugees then are we? Because they certainly are in the OP.

But the refugees from the Middle East aren't just Christians vs Muslim because as you yourself admitted there are Muslim vs Muslims refugees. 
Our government bases their decisions on what refugees to accept on, surprise surprise, politics. A refugee fleeing a war-torn country like Syria is an easy decision after vetting because of the situation of their home. But someone fleeing other countries have to be looked at in the political capital that could be gained or lost through their acceptance. Their home country will find out, and by accepting them as a refugee our government is saying that their state is either incapable of protecting the person or complicit in the persecution. That is a diplomatic pond that has a thin layer of ice upon it which our government must tread.

I would love to see our government take every refugee that needed the help. Unfortunately, politics play a role in everything, and so it is a large factor in this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR