Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cincinnati by Kevin Huber
Kevin wrote an article for The Players Tribune

please take some time and read. He speaks for ALL Bengals fans because he was a fan long before he was a player

the opening paragraph...

When Germaine picked that ball off to end the game last week, I started looking into the crowd. The noise was incredible. The excitement was contagious. I’d never seen Paul Brown Stadium like that — I’d never heard it like that. It was just so pure. And as I looked around, I saw fans throwing their arms in the air, jumping up and down and screaming their heads off. But for every one of them, there was a fan with their hands on their head, staring into the distance with just a smile on their face.

And I knew exactly what they were feeling.

Relief.

I’ve been a Bengals fan for as long as I can remember.

And I felt it, too.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/kevin-huber-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-football

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This article was an awesome read. This guy has been through it all growing up as a Bengals fan and glad he finally got to be a part of breaking the curse.

I wonder what Sam Hubbard felt like? I believe he has been a Bengals fan his whole life too (although younger).
Reply/Quote
Great article. I'm so happy for our guys that have been through the ups and downs. Thanks for sharing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Loved it! Great read.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Wonderful read and well-written too!

Aside from a few grammatical errors (nothing egregious at all and not something anyone would notice, unless they are attuned to language accuracy... like me lol), it is incredibly well-written and engaging; Huber isn't a dummy, that's for sure.

Just thoroughly enjoyed reading that though; he truly is one of us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Kevin wrote an article for The Players Tribune

please take some time and read.  He speaks for ALL Bengals fans because he was a fan long before he was a player

the opening paragraph...

When Germaine picked that ball off to end the game last week, I started looking into the crowd. The noise was incredible. The excitement was contagious. I’d never seen Paul Brown Stadium like that — I’d never heard it like that. It was just so pure. And as I looked around, I saw fans throwing their arms in the air, jumping up and down and screaming their heads off. But for every one of them, there was a fan with their hands on their head, staring into the distance with just a smile on their face.

And I knew exactly what they were feeling.

Relief.

I’ve been a Bengals fan for as long as I can remember.

And I felt it, too.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/kevin-huber-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-football
wow. Shivers. Up and down my spine.
Reply/Quote
Great article. He reminds us there were 8 Pro Bowlers on the 2015 team that blew it, so it's not all about talent. It's quality of character.
Reply/Quote
Great read and thanks for sharing

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He described a lot of the way I felt, and many others too. When I seen the fans crying and celebrating and the roar of that crowd? Man, it was exhilarating to say the least. We've seen the videos of fans reactions and many more than once. I don't think they will get old for me anytime soon. It's almost as if we were released from hell. Or at least the feeling seemed pretty equal. Our souls were liberated last Saturday.

Reply/Quote
I was that guy with my hands on my head, staring into space, remembering the times I sat in that same seat heartbroken, trying to comprehend what just happened. We really won a playoff game.

And then I was that guy who downed a smuggled-in shot of Kentucky Fire and toasted this team and this town.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Great article. He reminds us there were 8 Pro Bowlers on the 2015 team that blew it, so it's not all about talent. It's quality of character.

All of it outdone by 3 bad apples. I put pacman's off field shit aside while he was here, and I was a huge Burfict fan. I bought a Vontaze jersey the morning of that game, and wore it that night. It hasn't seen the light of day since. Character really does matter, and those clowns cost us the game that night. Water under bridges now
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
"I look at him and I’m like, This dude wants to win the game by a thousand points. :
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
this one made me tear up...starring Cincinnati's own Kevin and Sam

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I came here tonight to post this article. It’s such a fantastic read.

Huber makes himself seem like one of us, and in doing so, makes you feel like you’re a bigger part of it. I know that for most of the players here, this game was just another day at the office. They’ve even said as much…”this is the standard moving forward”. But, it meant a hell of a lot to the fans, the city, and the Bengals in general. He makes it clear that he understands that and shares in it with us.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Damn, that was awesome!
Reply/Quote
That was fantastic.

Kevin can definitely be a writer after he hangs up his cleats.
Reply/Quote
"We never gave up".....and it was hard not to.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Great read, thanks for posting.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Awesome article by Huber.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Kevin is a very good punter, and it was interesting to see he went to McNick and was playing golf on the Lunken Field golf course when he got the call about being selected. I've always thought he seemed like a good person too, which is why I was furious when that Pittsburgh jagoff clocked him during a game in late 2014. His article was very thoughtful and well-said, so I hope his teammates get him a victory tomorrow and that if he has to punt many times he booms 45 to 50 yarders and/or pins the Titans beyond the 15.
Reply/Quote