Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cincinnati is THE Destination to Win a Ring
(02-21-2022, 12:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Free agents want to get paid first and then be on a winning team second.

All of this is moot if we don't offer guaranteed money quality contracts to FAs. If that happens, then yes - quality free agents will want to sign with the Bengals.

I do feel like a lot of free agents might would for example take 8 million to play with the patriots to win a super bowl, or 10 million to play for Dallas and be competitive, or take 15 million and play for Detroit or Cincinnati.

We just have to put up competitive offers I think. I would expect good free agents to come here cheaper as long as it’s not a lot cheaper
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Losing hopefully make us stronger, there aren't as many Kevin Durants out there (wanting to join someone who already won a ring). They will feel like they contributed.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 08:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That was my point. We are in much better shape than 2/3 of the league in cap space

My point is that we have 6 starters to replace when a lot of teams only have one or two.

It is more complicated than just looking at "cap space".  We are not really in that good of a position because of the high number of players we have to replace.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My point is that we have 6 starters to replace when a lot of teams only have one or two.

It is more complicated than just looking at "cap space".  We are not really in that good of a position because of the high number of players we have to replace.

I think this is an accurate summary of where this Bengals roster is currently positioned. The tiresome "draft Chase or Sewell" threads exemplify the point. Coming into the '21 season, the roster had a whole lot of needs. The Bengals needed both Chase and Sewell. Needing to improve the roster hasn't changed even though we made a Super Bowl run. I think it is safe to say we need OL (C, Guard, & Tackle), help in the secondary at CB, DT because of the impending free agents, and possibly depth at LB. I'm guessing many of you can chime in with opinions about other positions where an upgrade is needed; I've seen people mentioning it's time to draft a punter in some threads and although people love CJ, many opine it's time to upgrade TE. Edit: Add Safety to the mix if we lose Bates.

I'm not going to offer an opinion about how cap management plays into this as I'd just be pretending I know something about it when I do not, but if we want to see the Bengals improve upon 10-7 and make another Super Bowl run, there is still some roster churning to be done. Hopefully we can sign a big name for the OL and use the draft to get players that can make an immediate impact similar to Chase and McPherson.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My point is that we have 6 starters to replace when a lot of teams only have one or two.

And my point is:

Is there any guarantee Burrow and Taylor will return to the Super Bowl ? no

But I like our chances 1000% more than I ever did with M. Lewis and whatever team. And we're in a much better position than we've been in decades.

But keep whining if that's your thing.
Reply/Quote

What team only has 2 starters to replace? Let us know and their cap space available.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What team only has 2 starters to replace? Let us know and their cap space available.

The Dolphins have 24 free agents.

The Jaguars 23, including 2 guys that make over $13 million.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Dolphins have 24 free agents.

The Jaguars 23, including 2 guys that make over $13 million.

I am generally only talking about starters and key guys who played about 50% of the snaps.

I'll post the list tonight when I have more time.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am generally only talking about starters and key guys who played about 50% of the snaps.

I'll post the list tonight when I have more time.

I am sure you are busy, but you stated we had 6 starters needed in FA so not much cap money. You said others only had 2 starting free agents. Could you share the teams you found with only 2 starters or less needed in FA along with their current cap space?

I think we are in very good shape cap wise, on the contrary, I think many other teams are not once you look at needed FA's (holes) and their cap space.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 10:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then, instead of being miserable that the Bengals won and letting me rub it in...they became bandwagon Bengals fans telling me they wanted to see the Bengals win.  Who Dey

A welcome change. Rock On
Reply/Quote

I just went through each team to see starters needed to be replaced. I only saw the Lions who needed less than the 6 starters you stated we needed to replace. I saw almost every team needing at least 6 and some like the Rams who have no cap money need to replace more than 6 starters.

The number signed may not be as relevant right now versus the starters needed to be replaced by each team. Only the top 51 count towrds the cap.

I asked you to show us how we are in worse shape signing guys (starters), so please by all means show us if you have something different or retract your comments above.

Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/agent-for-prominent-tight-end-wants-client-to-sign-with-bengals

Pro Football Focus' Doug Kyed shined a spotlight on how NFL players want to play with Joe Burrow.

"Completely unprompted, an agent for a prominent free-agent tight end told PFF recently how badly he wanted his client to sign with the Bengals and play with quarterback Joe Burrow," Kyed wrote on Wednesday

He didn't specify which tight end or what agent, but that part isn't as important. The bottom line is Burrow has helped turn the Bengals into a free agent destination.

"He’s the real deal. Our job, like I said when we drafted him, is to support him in the best way we can," Bengals Director of Player Personnel Duke Tobin said this week. "This league is about quarterbacks and when you have one, you’ve got to support him the best way you can. We think we’ve done a good job of putting pieces around him and we’re going to continue to try and do that."

First, Rob Gronkowski expressed interest in playing with Burrow. Now it's another "prominent tight end" that has interest in signing with Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/agent-for-prominent-tight-end-wants-client-to-sign-with-bengals

Pro Football Focus' Doug Kyed shined a spotlight on how NFL players want to play with Joe Burrow.

"Completely unprompted, an agent for a prominent free-agent tight end told PFF recently how badly he wanted his client to sign with the Bengals and play with quarterback Joe Burrow," Kyed wrote on Wednesday

He didn't specify which tight end or what agent, but that part isn't as important. The bottom line is Burrow has helped turn the Bengals into a free agent destination.

"He’s the real deal. Our job, like I said when we drafted him, is to support him in the best way we can," Bengals Director of Player Personnel Duke Tobin said this week. "This league is about quarterbacks and when you have one, you’ve got to support him the best way you can. We think we’ve done a good job of putting pieces around him and we’re going to continue to try and do that."

First, Rob Gronkowski expressed interest in playing with Burrow. Now it's another "prominent tight end" that has interest in signing with Cincinnati. 

Joe Burrow changed the culture, ZT and the unity he got from this team changed the culture. I don't hink anyone believes a player signing hi s second contract (where most get rewarded the most after their rookie deals) will give the Bengals a huge discount to play with Joe. I do believe the vets who have made their big bucks will consider giving the Bengals a deal to play with the team now where i the past, we were not even on those types of players radar.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just went through each team to see starters needed to be replaced. I only saw the Lions who needed less than the 6 starters you stated we needed to replace. I saw almost every team needing at least 6 and some like the Rams who have no cap money need to replace more than 6 starters.

The number signed may not be as relevant right now versus the starters needed to be replaced by each team. Only the top 51 count towrds the cap.

I asked you to show us how we are in worse shape signing guys (starters), so please by all means show us if you have something different or retract your comments above.

Good luck on getting that list.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just went through each team to see starters needed to be replaced. I only saw the Lions who needed less than the 6 starters you stated we needed to replace. I saw almost every team needing at least 6 and some like the Rams who have no cap money need to replace more than 6 starters.

Good job doing the homework that Fred would never do. We are in a better position than most teams.

It is the opposite of what Fred said there.

We need to upgrade RG and RT, that is 2 positions, not 6. Just need to bring back our own and we will be better than last year
as we are young and even if we have to rely on say Carman or D'Ante Smith playing LG I bet both will improve big time from 
their rookie seasons. Adeniji I have no hope for though and we can upgrade over him with an early Draft pick.

(03-03-2022, 12:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/agent-for-prominent-tight-end-wants-client-to-sign-with-bengals

I would like to know who that other prominent TE is... Schultz or Ertz maybe?

I am sure there are players all over the league that want to play with Burrow, he has the IT factor no other QB has right now.

He not only will be bringing in Offensive players but Defensive players as he already has as our guys have stated.

Wonderful thing to have as it seemed lots of FA's before only would come here for the money. It is different now, they will be 
coming here for a ring now as well.
Reply/Quote