Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati is allowing 6.7 yards per play, which would be the 3rd worst since 1950...
Maybe we'll disband...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe we'll disband...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Historic Season like they promised.
Reply/Quote
#NewDey
#SeizeTheDey

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
What's impressive is teams mainly run on us. Yet giving up a historic amount of yards...
Reply/Quote
You could probably get 11 guys of PS's, pre season cuts, and recently released players and not give up 6.7 yards per play. Yes, it's been that bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You could probably get 11 guys of PS's, pre season cuts, and recently released players and not give up 6.7 yards per play. Yes, it's been that bad.

not with this coaching staff
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: not with this coaching staff

Could this coaching staff win with the '85 Bears defense?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Could this coaching staff win with the '85 Bears defense?

Doubtfull  Hell ZT wasn't even conceived yet.
Reply/Quote
Legit looking at these numbers...you'd think we have the worst starting 11 to ever play football. But, we have a bunch of 1st Round picks, a guy like Geno that is a potential HOFer, and some other decent players.

It's obviously the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Legit looking at these numbers...you'd think we have the worst starting 11 to ever play football. But, we have a bunch of 1st Round picks, a guy like Geno that is a potential HOFer, and some other decent players.

It's obviously the coaching staff.

It's amazing how many fans saw that Lou was a bad hire immediately, yet the FO/Zac couldn't? Lou had one of the worst resumes for a coordinator I've ever seen. Zac hired a bunch of buddies instead of good football coaches. The weird thing is, Zac and Lou were - for the most part - the coordinators on the 2015 Dolphins, who went 6-10. They were a bad team, but not historically so.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's amazing how many fans saw that Lou was a bad hire immediately, yet the FO/Zac couldn't? Lou had one of the worst resumes for a coordinator I've ever seen. Zac hired a bunch of buddies instead of good football coaches. The weird thing is, Zac and Lou were - for the most part - the coordinators on the 2015 Dolphins, who went 6-10. They were a bad team, but not historically so.

They took over mid-season...so others ran training camp. But, that's a great point. Maybe Taylor is the issue in not preparing the guys right in camp?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe we'll disband...

Don't give up we still have 7 games . Lets go team we can get in the record book.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's amazing how many fans saw that Lou was a bad hire immediately, yet the FO/Zac couldn't? Lou had one of the worst resumes for a coordinator I've ever seen. Zac hired a bunch of buddies instead of good football coaches. The weird thing is, Zac and Lou were - for the most part - the coordinators on the 2015 Dolphins, who went 6-10. They were a bad team, but not historically so.

Basically the same team that set records for futility last year. You can put a dress on a pig and it is still a pig.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Could this coaching staff win with the '85 Bears defense?

No. William “The Refrigerator” Perry would be covering tight ends, Mike Singletary would be covering the fastest wide receiver, and Doug Plank would be instructed to distract the center.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Changing QB should fix this.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 09:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Basically the same team that set records for futility last year. You can put a dress on a pig and it is still a pig.

I get that we were bad last year...I just don't think if you compared all of the NFL defensive rosters in history that we have the worst personnel ever.

There's talent on this defense. It's amazing that they can't set the edge on defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's amazing how many fans saw that Lou was a bad hire immediately, yet the FO/Zac couldn't? Lou had one of the worst resumes for a coordinator I've ever seen. Zac hired a bunch of buddies instead of good football coaches. The weird thing is, Zac and Lou were - for the most part - the coordinators on the 2015 Dolphins, who went 6-10. They were a bad team, but not historically so.

I don’t think there was much choice in DC. I think we took who said yes
Reply/Quote