Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati radio show's 'rape warning' mocks Roethlisberger
How classy!

http://www.wtae.com/news/cincinnati-radio-shows-rape-warning-mocks-roethlisberger/37346538?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=WTAE-TV%20Pittsburgh

Quote:A fake radio PSA from Cincinnati station 700 WLW that mocks Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is drawing criticism from sexual assault victim advocates.

The announcer goes on to say: "If you see Big Ben and he flashes Little Ben, you are asked to report it to authorities."

The WLW newsroom confirmed to Pittsburgh's Action News 4 that the station created the audio segment but did not specify when it aired or would be airing.

Program director Scott Reinhart did not respond to any of Pittsburgh Action News 4's multiple requests for comment.

The WLW newsroom did say that "everyone's laughing."

However, victim advocates said that is not the case.

"To make light of it, it could probably make victims feel very degraded, very upset, triggered," said Nicole Molinaro Karaczun of the Women's Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh.

She works closely with victims of domestic abuse and said that often includes sexual assault.

"You can't really rip on (Roethlisberger) for this without -- the way they did it at least 00 also bringing victims down," Molinaro Karaczun said.

The clip drew mixed reaction Friday from fans at Jerome Bettis' Grille 36 on the north shore.

"I think it's very hurtful, yes, and I don't think it's nice or correct to do that," Joana Valco said.

Valco has lived in Pittsburgh for 21 years but is originally from Barcelona, Spain. She said Roethlisberger has her support.

But Ohio's Natalie Driscoll laughed out loud while listening to the "Ben Warning."

She changed her tune when asked about the clip.

"That's ignorant," Driscoll said.

"I think it's rude."

Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, did not respond to emails seeking comment.

"It's just not funny. We need to treat sexual assault as the serious crime that it is," Molinaro Karaczun said.

I realize it is an AM station so no one listens to it...but still. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
If Ben wouldn't have raped anyone none of this would have ever happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:12 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If Ben wouldn't have raped anyone none of this would have ever happened.

Oh...sorry.

I guess I missed where he was ever charged with rape?

That aside:  When can we expect the PSA to avoid drinking with PacMan Jones?  Especially if you are a woman?

Get it?

Classy.   Smirk
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
What a terrible thread.

Weeeeeeeeee'z ooooooooout!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh...sorry.

I guess I missed where he was ever charged with rape?

That aside:  When can we expect the PSA to avoid drinking with PacMan Jones?  Especially if you are a woman?

Get it?

Classy.   Smirk

As soon as your local radio station makes a funny psa about it. I'd laugh. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What a terrible thread.

Weeeeeeeeee'z ooooooooout!

Guess you haven't started drinking yet.   Cool
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Making up a fake PSA for cheap attention is still better than making up a fake bounty rumor on twitter for attention.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Guess you haven't started drinking yet.   Cool

He said he's heading out. Where do you think he's going?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Guess you haven't started drinking yet.   Cool

Getting ready to head out to eat with the wife and a couple friends and watch the UK game at 6. I'll probably have one bud light with my food. Maybe two. 

After that, back to the house to watch the BvS game. 

Regardless of the outcome, i'm just going to enjoy the ability to watch a prime time playoff game with family and friends. No real or faux angry posting tonight. 

Sorry to disappoint. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:33 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He said he's heading out. Where do you think he's going?

(01-09-2016, 06:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Getting ready to head out to eat with the wife and a couple friends and watch the UK game at 6. I'll probably have one bud light with my food. Maybe two. 

BOOM!

Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:31 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Making up a fake PSA for cheap attention is still better than making up a fake bounty rumor on twitter for attention.

So much smoke around that classy standard-bearing organization. Never any fire though. Teflon City. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:33 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He said he's heading out. Where do you think he's going?

I wish i'd seen this post before i hit send on my last one. The response could have been funny.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:35 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So much smoke around that classy standard-bearing organization. Never any fire though. Teflon City. 

You're confusing smoke with butthurt.

But if there is actually smoke, it's literally just coming from 2 players and 1 is on IR.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:37 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You're confusing smoke with  butthurt.

But if there is actually smoke, it's literally just coming from 2 players and 1 is on IR.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Getting ready to head out to eat with the wife and a couple friends and watch the UK game at 6. I'll probably have one bud light with my food. Maybe two. 

After that, back to the house to watch the BvS game. 

Regardless of the outcome, i'm just going to enjoy the ability to watch a prime time playoff game with family and friends. No real or faux angry posting tonight. 

Sorry to disappoint. Sad

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote