Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati ranked 7th best football city by MSN
.....even though it's got a picture of Riverfront, it's nice to see Bengals fans acknowledged for a change....most loyal in the league, in my opinion.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/falltravel/americas-15-best-football-cities/ss-BBlHRf7#image=7

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every fan base says they're the most loyal.

I'm just saying...
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:03 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Every fan base says they're the most loyal.

I'm just saying...

cant prove how loyal your fanbase is if all they enjoy is success... it takes failure to show the loyalty.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant prove how loyal your fanbase is if all they enjoy is success... it takes failure to show the loyalty.

And we've suffered through plenty of that in the last 25 years!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:22 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: And we've suffered through plenty of that in the last 25 years!

and are still loyal (although sometimes bitter) FANS lol
Reply/Quote
Quote function isn't working for me, but to @XenoMorph's comment on "can't show loyalty having success":

Not trying to provoke anything, but didn't we struggle to sell out a home PLAYOFF game back in "13? Doesn't seem like we handled the success with much vigor either.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:03 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Every fan base says they're the most loyal.

I'm just saying...

True.....but the fact that anyone showed up during and after the 90s says a lot about our fans.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Wish the loyalty could show up on Sundays.

The game day support of the Dalton era is absolutely frustrating.

Best run in team history and we still cant pack the stadium.

Even with the elimination of the blackout policy plenty of teams still filling up Stadiums in small markets economic issues or no.

I still to this day find it comical that despite our sustained success there are plenty of fans still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Reply/Quote
It's all because of John Boehners's resignation as house speaker ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Great seeing Cincinnati there and being the highest ranked team without a title. Just proves loyalty.

As XenoMorph said, failure shows loyalty and anyone who went through 1991-2004 can say they've been through failure (with a few glimpses of success).

I love how people argue about how big a fanbase is. I mean, who the hell cares?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 11:44 AM)YoungThundercat Wrote: Quote function isn't working for me, but to @XenoMorph's comment on "can't show loyalty having success":

Not trying to provoke anything, but didn't we struggle to sell out a home PLAYOFF game back in "13? Doesn't seem like we handled the success with much vigor either.

like i said people are still bitter and holding onto the past instead of imbracing the present.

We sold out like 8 straight years when palmer was here with little success.... Now that we are an even better and more successful team its harder to sell out.

Part of that is probly just the price.. parking food booze and then the tickets. I make decent money but im lucky if i get to go to 1 game a year.

Add in the fact that as technology has grown its almost a better experience at home especially in bad weather.

I love to go to games it will probly take some post season success to have the place full to bursting again although that wasnt an issue in the palmer era.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 11:44 AM)YoungThundercat Wrote: Quote function isn't working for me, but to @XenoMorph's comment on "can't show loyalty having success":

May be loyal but not the richest fan base. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Must be very loyal though because the bandwagon should be empty per success.

Proud to be a Bengals fan, Who-Dey !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This post makes me think of this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4r4aeU9tY

I enjoy watching it from time to time lol
Reply/Quote

I'm just saying...

Yes, but how many have had to prove their loyalty like Bengal fans?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Well so did Green Bay that year and Indy last year.  I think that's more of a function of how playoff tickets are distributed than the fan base itself.
Reply/Quote

and guess who else struggled in selling out a home playoff games.. Green Bay and Pittsburgh... so not a good measure 
Reply/Quote

Yes, the Bengals, Colts and Packers all struggled to sell out their playoff game but all three did sell out.

If I remember correctly anyway.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote