Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati restaurants
So it's been several years since i had time to kill in Cincinnati. I'm there all weekend for some soccer games and I figure there's lots of different restaurants than what I remember.

So, whatcha recommend for a family of four? And nowhere that puts noodles in their chili.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Alcohol or no alcohol?

Reply/Quote
Depends where you are located. Century Inn is a restaurant/tavern located in Glendale. They have an outdoor area, a dining area, or just have a table around the bar for lunch. They go from burgers, to chicken, to fish, to dinners. At certain times, may need a reservation. Honestly, I don't eat out much. When I do I usually eat a nice meal at Outback Steakhouse. That's at Tri County.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Alcohol or no alcohol?

I'll probly pass (just started blood pressure medicine last week and trying to step slowly back to my beer). The wife may partake though.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 09:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Depends where you are located.  Century Inn is a restaurant/tavern located in Glendale. They have an outdoor area, a dining area, or just have a table around the bar for lunch.  They go from burgers, to chicken, to fish, to dinners.  At certain times, may need a reservation.  Honestly, I don't eat out much.  When I do I usually eat a nice meal at Outback Steakhouse.  That's at Tri County.

West Chester . Never been there, we usually stay around Newport.
Reply/Quote
Dee Felice in Covington is a nice, rustic place. A little pricey but not over the top. Across the street is also **** and bull public house. My wife and I had dinner at Dee Felice and listened to live jazz. The other we just had drinks so couldn’t really comment on c&b food. But they both had a nice crowd.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 08:43 PM)Benton Wrote: So it's been several years since i had time to kill in Cincinnati. I'm there all weekend for some soccer games and I figure there's lots of different restaurants than what I remember.

So, whatcha recommend for a family of four? And nowhere that puts noodles in their chili.

I'm in a group on Facebook called Showdown Cincinnati where people offer the best places to eat in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, so I'd check that out!  You'll get lots of ideas!
Reply/Quote
"Tubesteak Under the Bridge" in Newport.

Neek and JohnnyCupcakes called it a "foodtruck" but it is actually a van on blocks.

Never tried it myself, but they say the meat is huge.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 12:38 AM)Benton Wrote: West Chester . Never been there, we usually stay around Newport.

I work near West Chester. Theres an area called liberty center that has a lot of restaurants and an area called Union Center that also has a lot of restaurants. Union center has a Top Golf if your into that kind of thing. 

They both have a ton of chain restaurants - some better than others. Union Center has a Matt the Millers, Chuy's (awesome mexican place), a Holtman's (awesome donut shop), Jag's (more upscale steakhouse), and then places like Mello Mushroom, and First Watch. 

Liberty Center is more of an outdoor mall complex with a ton of restaurants as well. They have a Kona grill, Coppers Hawk, Agave and Rye (awesome taco place), Northstar cafe (awesome breakfast place), cheesecake factory, Brio, and a Graeters (amazing cincinnati ice cream - have to get this). 

Theres a lot more restaurants at both of these locations - just pull them up on google maps. They both seem like what you are looking for. I would say head to Liberty Center, though. Its fun to walk around there as well. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 08:43 PM)Benton Wrote: So it's been several years since i had time to kill in Cincinnati. I'm there all weekend for some soccer games and I figure there's lots of different restaurants than what I remember.

What do you prefer?  My son lives up on the North side, Fairfield area.  Tell me what you like, and I'll get his best 25 y/o opinion.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I seen a thing about J&W Sandwich Shoppe in Norwood I believe. Damn that menu looks fantastic.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 09:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Depends where you are located.  Century Inn is a restaurant/tavern located in Glendale. They have an outdoor area, a dining area, or just have a table around the bar for lunch.  They go from burgers, to chicken, to fish, to dinners.  At certain times, may need a reservation.  Honestly, I don't eat out much.  When I do I usually eat a nice meal at Outback Steakhouse.  That's at Tri County.

Century Inn is pretty solid. Looking for places in Cincy area to eat in 2023 and figured this old thread would be a good place to ask for recommendations. What's good in the 'nati nowadays?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote