Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati vs Pittsburg Opening Series Thread
Rain Out means Reds will have to Sweep the 2 games to win this opening Series. Go Reds Sunday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Fans in the stands look like they're at a boring football game in December . Looks chilly McWillie to me.. ...baseball in 37° weather. Silly.. Gray not off to the best start ever ,but it's just 1 run , not exactly a rout..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2019, 06:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: So much for game 2..rained out. You could probably use the extra rain, IDK.. We need a bit here in SC.. It's rather dry in these parts this past several weeks.

If where you are in SC is anything like where I am in NC, the pollen has been off the charts, lately.  We sure as heck could use a few strong showers to roll through and clear the air for a moment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looks like that's getting overturned  but maybe not..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 02:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If where you are in SC is anything like where I am in NC, the pollen has been off the charts, lately.  We sure as heck could use a few strong showers to roll through and clear the air for a moment.

Pollen here is nuts. We're surrounded with yellow pine trees and EVERYTHING outside gets a yellow coating this time of year. It affects everyone's joints, sinuses, etc. 

Reply/Quote
Not the Reds day so far. Gray's already thrown 50 pitches with 1 out in the 2nd.. not good..

Reply/Quote
Pheew.. Nice save there by the Redlegs.. dble play. 

Reply/Quote
Out the past hour the Reds have been up to bat all of about 3 minutes.. geeez.. 

Reply/Quote
Here we go again...so much for a 1 2 3.. 
So much for Gray's Reds debut . Kind of stank.. 

Reply/Quote
I wonder if going fishing will have the same effect...

Reply/Quote
Perhaps Lorenzen tossing ok can spark Reds bats.. We'll see .

Reply/Quote
Only one hit so far and we're heading into the 6th. Looks like only 20 fans showed up, lol. It is cold though
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
So far Puig's a wash.. 

Reply/Quote
Maybe Robsteve can finally live up to his draft pick spot..

Reply/Quote
So much for Robsteve..

Reply/Quote
I give up.  Hopefully they'll come back and win it without me.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 04:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: I give up.  Hopefully they'll come back and win it without me.

I'm gonna grill some steaks, but still have the game on. I was going to wait until the game was over. This has been a snoozefest. 
Reply/Quote
You know, we had this same problem last year, and the year before and the year before etc.

Our offense just seems to randomly shut down. Completely.

We have these elite hitters like Votto, Suarez, Winker and now Puig and Kemp...but some days we just can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn.

It's concerning.

But we're only 2 games in, so there's no reasons to draw too many conclusions this early.

Gray's first game could have gone better...
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 05:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You know, we had this same problem last year, and the year before and the year before etc.

We have these elite hitters like Votto, Suarez, Winker and now Puig and Kemp...but some days we just can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn.

It's concerning.

But we're only 2 games in, so there's no reasons to draw too many conclusions this early.

Yeah, I was so happy we got Sonny. Hopefully he gets back to pitching like he did in Oakland and this year's spring training. Like you said ...it's been only two games, but this offense should explode soon. Puig's last at bat was horrible. But I love the guy. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 05:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You know, we had this same problem last year, and the year before and the year before etc.

It's concerning.

I believe Votto's contribution is critical for this team. He can't bat .218 with 1 HR and 7 RBI's in April and May and this team fall 12 games behind.
Reply/Quote