Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincy News at 11!
My grandma’s brother turned 100 today and he’ll be on the news in Cinci at 11!

Everyone watch!!!!
Reply/Quote
Congratulations to grandma.. 
I bet your grandpa didn't have to have a written consent agreement to hold her hand to avoid getting accused of sexual assault back then..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My great grandma’s brother turned 100 today and he’ll be on the news in Cinci at 11!

Everyone watch!!!!

what news station there is more than 1
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what news station there is more than 1

WLWT
Reply/Quote
I remember when they used to have people on the news all the time for reaching 100, but I haven't really seen it much anymore. I guess it just became much more common.

But even if it doesn't make the news anyone who makes it to 100 deserves some recognition.
Reply/Quote
My pop has 10 1/2 years to go to make it to 100, but I kind of doubt he'll make it even though he's been predicting his demise now for the past 30 years.. His mother made it to 96 I think..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
My Grandma is 95. She's in better health than me. She's got a good chance.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I remember when they used to have people on the news all the time for reaching 100, but I haven't really seen it much anymore.  I guess it just became much more common.

But even if it doesn't make the news anyone who makes it to 100 deserves some recognition.

Definitely....     I personally don't think my retirement will be set up enough for me to live that long.   But  100 years    is a major accomplishment.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 07:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: My Grandma is 95.  She's in better health than me.  She's got a good chance.

(01-17-2018, 07:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Definitely....     I personally don't think my retirement will be set up enough for me to live that long.   But  100 years    is a major accomplishment.

My grandpa died about ten years ago when I was still in college (I think it was 10?), and his wife (my grandma) is still alive but isn't there much mentally anymore.  I don't even think she knows who I am anymore.

My family still goes to see her some (she's in a nursing home and has been ever since she fell years ago at her house) and she definitely doesn't know that my brother has kids.  The engine's running, but nobody's behind the wheel.  It's sad.  

[Image: 2eec5d57-87f1-4ba9-ad2d-4318381726fe_text_hi.gif]
Reply/Quote