Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincy Pro Sports
How is it possible for two franchises to be so inept?
Gals and Reds.

20+ years of futility for both. Both seems to ail from very common issues between owenership and operational entities

Lack of defined and commmited direction

Nepotism rampant in the organizations

Unable to cut obvious losses early and move on

Slow to let the younger talent take over for fear of upsetting the old vet

Slow to react when moveable assets have prime return

Poor drafting and development

Little outside help from Free Agents

Loyalty to coaches who have been miserable.

Committed to aging veterans who cost way more than their benefit

Poor contracts (The Bengals have been able to control contacts much better than the Reds). Obviously the NFls system helps tremendously

Unable to perform on the big stage. Choke after Choke after Choke.

Clueless owners who run the teams like a fanboys instead of a franchise trying to win.

Two teams. Separated by a half mile. Both running two of the least successful Franchises in sports. Seemingly afflicted with very similar operational and decision handicaps.

I think it comes down to the fans of Cincy and the owners. The fans tolerate and applaud mediocrity and we genuinely think every next year will be different.

It’ll soon be 30 years + for both franchises without playoff success. The bengals will move. The reds should probably follow if hey can’t figure it out
Reply/Quote
I think there's a bigger conspiracy . The mayor is behind this.
Reply/Quote
The Cyclones are the only team in town I give my hard earned money too. I only go to see the Reds when I get free tickets through work, and I’ve never been too big on the live NFL experience (too many drunks, bad weather, HD tv>being at the game, etc), so I can safely say I’m not part of the problem when it comes to rewarding mediocrity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The only thing I’m teying to do is figure out which non bengals fan in the smack forum will get iced if this trolls IP address gets blocked.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Cyclones are the only team in town I give my hard earned money too. I only go to see the Reds when I get free tickets through work, and I’ve never been too big on the live NFL experience (too many drunks, bad weather, HD tv>being at the game, etc), so I can safely say I’m not part of the problem when it comes to rewarding mediocrity.

I don't live in Cincy anymore, but man were the Cyclones a breath of fresh air. Been to two of their championship wins, nice to see a competitive team.

Also miss the "Heckler From Hell" guy who drove the opposing team nuts.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:50 AM)thillan Wrote: I don't live in Cincy anymore, but man were the Cyclones a breath of fresh air. Been to two of their championship wins, nice to see a competitive team.

Also miss the "Heckler From Hell" guy who drove the opposing team nuts.

Those Cup wins were great. Particularly that 08 team. I was only 7 when the Reds won the World Series in 90, so they’re probably my favorite Cincy sports moments.

Reply/Quote
The problem with the Reds and Bengals is the fan base should boycott the teams until they get better. I know Paul Brown Stadium and GABP are almost empty these days. However, the TV contracts make up the difference and people still watch these teams lose. I admit I watch the Reds all summer because there is nothing else on TV. Maybe fan pressure on ownership would make a difference. Heck, people griped about Marvin Lewis coming back so avoid the games the next 2 years.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Reds got tired of making the playoffs and fired Baker.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Reds got tired of making the playoffs and fired Baker.
And how many series did he win?  Let's see--swept by the Phillies, choked away a 2-0 lead in a five game series, swept at home.  End the season on a 5 game losing streak and then lost the Wild Card game.  Lost his last six games here.

The Reds were done making the playoffs no matter who the manager was. 

The Nats must be stupid too cuz they also canned his ass.

Dusty Baker was Marvin Lewis in pin stripes. 

This says it all about Dusty--

Baker has presided over some of the biggest collapses in baseball history.[citation needed] In 1993, his Giants led the National League West by 9.5 games on August 7, but ended up losing the division to the Atlanta Braves and missing the postseason. The Giants lost 12-1 on the final day of the season when a win could have forced a tiebreaking game with Atlanta for the division championship. In 2002, the Giants led the World Series against the Anaheim Angels 3 games to 2. San Francisco had a 5-0 lead in the seventh inning of the sixth game, but allowed the Angels to score six unanswered runs in the seventh and eighth innings to win. The Angels also won Game 7 to win the championship. In 2003, Baker's Cubs led the National League Championship Series 3 games to 1 against the Florida Marlins. The Marlins stormed back to win the final three games of the series, including overcoming a 3-0 Chicago lead in the eighth inning of Game 6 (the game that featured the Steve Bartman incident). In 2012, Baker's Reds led the National League Division Series 2 games to 0 against the San Francisco Giants. With the final three games of the series at home in Cincinnati, the Reds needed to win just once to advance to the National League Championship Series, but the Giants completed the comeback by winning games 3, 4, and 5 and went on to win the World Series. The Reds also suffered a six-game losing streak to end the 2013 season, including a loss in the Wild Card game at Pittsburgh. Reds general manager Walt Jocketty admitted the team's latest collapse played a role in the decision to fire Baker.[25]

So, please hang up this tired and false narrative once and for all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:17 AM)ElderStatesman Wrote: How is it possible for two franchises to be so inept?
Gals and Reds.

20+ years of futility for both. Both seems to ail from very common issues between owenership and operational entities

Lack of defined and commmited direction

Nepotism rampant in the organizations

Unable to cut obvious losses early and move on

Slow to let the younger talent take over for fear of upsetting the old vet

Slow to react when moveable assets have prime return

Poor drafting and development

Little outside help from Free Agents

Loyalty to coaches who have been miserable.

Committed to aging veterans who cost way more than their benefit

Poor contracts (The Bengals have been able to control contacts much better than the Reds). Obviously the NFls system helps tremendously

Unable to perform on the big stage. Choke after Choke after Choke.

Clueless owners who run the teams like a fanboys instead of a franchise trying to win.  

Two teams. Separated by a half mile. Both running two of the least successful Franchises in sports. Seemingly afflicted with very similar operational and decision handicaps.

I think it comes down to the fans of Cincy and the owners. The fans tolerate and applaud mediocrity and we genuinely think every next year will be different.

It’ll soon be 30 years + for both franchises without playoff success. The bengals will move. The reds should probably follow if hey can’t figure it out

Surprised it took so long for the ban hammer to drop on the troll

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'll always be a fan of both Reds and Bengals regardless of records..
Furthermore I'll never be able to explain why..It just is..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote