Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincy isn't the only NFL venue with out of control fans
http://news.yahoo.com/brutality-nfl-fandom-full-display-144057669.html

Quote:According to the NY Daily News, this was just one incident in the stands that marred an otherwise classic NFL playoff game, with 63 fans getting kicked out of the stadium throughout the game, including one woman who was arrested for disorderly conduct.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 12:17 AM)BengalRed Wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/brutality-nfl-fandom-full-display-144057669.html

Quiet.  You're ruining the league/media narrative.
Reply/Quote
When you mix achol, 60,000 people, and a very stressful situation your going to get bad incidents.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what the context of this is, but as someone who worked in stadium operations EVERY game there would be that one guy who wore the rival team's jersey even though they weren't playing and there would usually be some sort of incident. I'm not saying anyone deserves a beating for wearing something, but come on...use your head.
Reply/Quote
I was at the playoff game and i hate to admit that i saw one Bengals fan talk smack to about 14 Steelers fans..

it was wild....Talking smack about coaching and ref calls then went right into all 14.

I grabbed my girl and her friend and we were gone with the wind. Im not gonna be a part of that......

Also had a solo bengals fan behind me talking smack the whole time to about 7 people in my row the whole game and my girl turned around and told him to shut up, hes embarrassing bengals fans. One guy......inciting a whole section. he shut up after all of us agreed with my little lady. People can svck sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Seems to me, like the guy was asking for trouble.  Why was he wearing a Seahawks jersey, in the Cardinals stadium, while the home team was playing the Packers?

I mean, I wouldn't personally aggress on someone for wearing a Steelers jersey to a Bengals/Ravens game.  But, you just gotta wonder why??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As you can see i'm just going with it.

Reply/Quote
Bet this won't get much media coverage though.

That goes against the narrative that only the Bengals have shitty fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 12:27 AM)J24 Wrote: When you mix achol, 60,000 people, and a very stressful situation your going to get bad incidents.

agreed

it happens, emotions are high in the playoffs, especially for fans who havent won a playoff game for so long.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe we have "out of control fans." We had one game where Shazier enraged the crowd by dancing on our logo after Bernard was hurt. One game. Now we have "out of control fans?"
Reply/Quote
You will find loser fans at every venue in every NFL city. It makes no difference where its at.

There are just more in Pittsburgh...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I am a season ticket holder for U of Kentucky football. Out most hated rival is Louisville. We play a home and home schedule every season and this year it was at UK. My seat is at the end of an isle and just before the game started I saw a guy walking up the isle with a shirt that said "This guy hates Kentucky". The shirt had two hands with the thumbs pointing up as if pointing to the person wearing the shirt. Now I have no problem with U of L fans wearing their team colors but I thought that this one was just asking for trouble. As he started to walk past me I couldn't help myself and kind of elbowed him. That was probably a mistake because he was a tough guy with tattoos on his arms and was probably 30 years younger than my 65 years. The little skirmish didn't last long as I saw quickly that I could easily get my but kicked by this guy. Hopefully some younger UK fan took care of him for me.
Reply/Quote
Give me a stadium of 50,000 Plus fans ... Probably 20-25% Young men testosteroned up Throw in Rude people and add alcohol... This is a perfect recipe for Fan misconduct
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see a Pittsburgh fan punch me in the face in at the stadium in front of a bunch of our fans just because I'm pretty sure that whoever hit me would get beaten to death!

I'd take a broken jaw or nose just to see it!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 12:27 AM)J24 Wrote: When you mix achol, 60,000 people, and a very stressful situation your going to get bad incidents.

This

But on Bengals game.

Hated rival, violent game, poor officiating, many boisterous opposing fans, long history of cheap shots, long playoff losing streak, late game which provided all day to get primed with alcohol, cold rain soaked fans,  was a bad recipe for a few stupid incidents.

Did not like the throwing of bottles and cans and such at all. Being down by field was concerned some weak armed throws may hit us even. Not cool cheering Ben's injury either although admittedly I participated gleefully at time. Believe years of seeing their cheap shots to Bengals was pent up inside and led to me doing this. Because I never pull for injuries. 

But did not see any fights personally although we did discuss amongst ourselves to be on alert on the way out because tension was that high and thought there may be many. But most steeler fans uncharacteristically kept their mouths shut in lieu of provoking like usual with their in your face We-Dey chants like normal. Some even hid their colors. 

Think it was a aberration born of the circumstances. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 11:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd love to see a Pittsburgh fan punch me in the face in at the stadium in front of a bunch of our fans just because I'm pretty sure that whoever hit me would get beaten to death!

I've had my jaw broken in 3 places.. Unless you've actually had your jaw broken I wouldn't be so quick to say just how fun it is..
Hint: It really freaking hurts..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 11:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd love to see a Pittsburgh fan punch me in the face in at the stadium in front of a bunch of our fans just because I'm pretty sure that whoever hit me would get beaten to death!

Yeaaaa. Im good on this. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Welcome to pro sports.

I went to a Pens/Flyers game in Philly one time (do some research on how much those teams hate each other) and no joke, there were a few Pens fans who literally were asking to get taken out. Now, most opposing fans are simply there to cheer and don't incite stuff, but the ones that do, you can't blame anyone for reacting 3 hours a half-a-dozen or more beers in.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 04:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've had my jaw broken in 3 places.. Unless you've actually had your jaw broken I wouldn't be so quick to say just how fun it is..
Hint: It really freaking hurts..

Had mine broken in the wreck  ThumbsUp

Granted that I was immediately in a coma for just under three months following, but I think I could handle it again  ThumbsUp

I'm not saying it would be fun by any means, but I'd take it just to see a Steelers fan get a beat-down  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This

But on Bengals game.

Hated rival, violent game, poor officiating, many boisterous opposing fans, long history of cheap shots, long playoff losing streak, late game which provided all day to get primed with alcohol, cold rain soaked fans,  was a bad recipe for a few stupid incidents.

DingDing

It wasn't just one thing, but all these things combined that led to what we saw in that game. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote