Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Civil War coming ?
We may be closer to it than you think ? I can see it anyways.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/expert-on-civil-wars-says-the-us-is-heading-toward-insurgency-the-21st-century-version-of-civil-war/ar-AAZt1xe?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=efa1f3bae2e44c5ca8736ce1fb8ce293

Anocracy or semi-democracy[1] is a form of government that is loosely defined as part democracy and part dictatorship,[2][3] or as a "regime that mixes democratic with autocratic features."[3] Another definition classifies anocracy as "a regime that permits some means of participation through opposition group behavior but that has incomplete development of mechanisms to redress grievances."[4][5] The term "semi-democratic" is reserved for stable regimes that combine democratic and authoritarian elements.[6][7] Scholars have also distinguished anocracies from autocracies and democracies in their capability to maintain authority, political dynamics, and policy agendas.[8] Similarly, the regimes have democratic institutions that allow for nominal amounts of competition.[2]

Such regimes are particularly susceptible to outbreaks of armed conflict and unexpected or adverse changes in leadership.[9]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hi, my name is Matt and i have been saying something similar since 2014-ish. All the literature on the topic of the fall of democratic societies points to this occurring. The warning signs are there and have been for some time. It's why the attempted coup must be taken seriously. It's why efforts to undermine democratic processes must be taken seriously. We have one political party capable of exercising control greater than their proportion of the citizenry and they are using their power to remove the voice of the people. Straight up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 12:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hi, my name is Matt and i have been saying something similar since 2014-ish. All the literature on the topic of the fall of democratic societies points to this occurring. The warning signs are there and have been for some time. It's why the attempted coup must be taken seriously. It's why efforts to undermine democratic processes must be taken seriously. We have one political party capable of exercising control greater than their proportion of the citizenry and they are using their power to remove the voice of the people. Straight up.

Huh?  

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 12:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hi, my name is Matt and i have been saying something similar since 2014-ish. All the literature on the topic of the fall of democratic societies points to this occurring. The warning signs are there and have been for some time. It's why the attempted coup must be taken seriously. It's why efforts to undermine democratic processes must be taken seriously. We have one political party capable of exercising control greater than their proportion of the citizenry and they are using their power to remove the voice of the people. Straight up.

Agree

This country has drifted waayyy out to sea in so many ways. I'm no big conspiracy theorist but I think there's more going on than meets the eye. And there's purpose behind it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 12:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Huh?  

Which part confused you?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

This country has drifted waayyy out to sea in so many ways. I'm no big conspiracy theorist but I think there's more going on than meets the eye. And there's purpose behind it. 

The most optimistic thing I"d say is that it could likely just be done via a peaceful division of the country.  Maybe just say Florida to the western border of Texas is a new right-wing country and let them appoint the Trumps as the royal family, or something.

If they insist on being violent I'd just say "What...you want Chicago and San Francisco or something?  C'moooonnnnnnn!

I feel like if we actually have a legit civil war the rest of the world will take the chance to just topple whichever side "wins" while it is weak and rid the planet of our quarrelsome country once and for all.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The most optimistic thing I"d say is that it could likely just be done via a peaceful division of the country.  Maybe just say Florida to the western border of Texas is a new right-wing country and let them appoint the Trumps as the royal family, or something.

If they insist on being violent I'd just say "What...you want Chicago and San Francisco or something?  C'moooonnnnnnn!

I was thinking along those lines however, give Trump California and all the Trumpettes could join him there. We could build a wall around the border and just wait for it to fall into the Pacific.

It is going to fall into the ocean, right ?
Reply/Quote

The attempted coup when Hillary and the DNC made up false allegations to Impeach the sitting President? Or the attempted coup when they spied on the sitting President? Or the attempted coup when a bunch of people trespassed in the Capital.  If one bothers you, shouldn't all bother you? And exactly how does a political party exercise control greater than their proportion of the citizenry? They must be pulling the independants, right?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was thinking along those lines however, give Trump California and all the Trumpettes could join him there. We could build a wall around the border and just wait for it to fall into the Pacific.

It is going to fall into the ocean, right ?

Probably the only way California gets fixed. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Probably the only way California gets fixed. Ninja

You're onto something, here.  We just need to convince Trump and his fanclub that there is NOOOOOOOOOO way he could ever fix California, and then let them have it and wall it off from the rest of the illegals who are going to be trying to break in after liberals destroy the rest of the USA.

Also, call it JesusReganGunLand.  Nah, it'd have to be Trumpstonia.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're onto something, here.  We just need to convince Trump and his fanclub that there is NOOOOOOOOOO way he could ever fix California, and then let them have it and wall it off from the rest of the illegals who are going to be trying to break in after liberals destroy the rest of the USA.

Also, call it JesusReganGunLand.  Nah, it'd have to be Trumpstonia.

Well, the dems have done such a wonderful job with it....  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, the dems have done such a wonderful job with it....  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Yeah well I'd like to see Trump and his fanclub do better.  No way they could do better.
Reply/Quote
Let me be a little more specific. Liberal/Conservative/Democrat/Republican/Left/Right all that is not what matters.

They're (they're being todays politicians, the various news agencies, the upper levels of our society) are creating a smoke screen. They keep all of us distracted with all the current issues and problems they can drum up. They go out of their way to throw gasoline on every fire they can find to keep us fighting and separated.

Just look at our current President and vice President. It's like watching the movie dumb and dumber. And these people are really running the country ? The world has to be laughing their asses off. (And no I'm not a Trump fan either)

Who the hell is really running this country right now and what's their agenda ? I believe a little more every day there's more to this story.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The attempted coup when Hillary and the DNC made up false allegations to Impeach the sitting President?

Trump was impeached for something that was made up?

(07-12-2022, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or the attempted coup when they spied on the sitting President?

Who spied on a sitting president?

(07-12-2022, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or the attempted coup when a bunch of people trespassed in the Capital.  If one bothers you, shouldn't all bother you?

You mean violently broke into the Capitol (the building is spelled with an "o" in there, fyi) to disrupt the democratic processes? Yeah that one. And not all of them should bother me because they are very different.

(07-12-2022, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And exactly how does a political party exercise control greater than their proportion of the citizenry? They must be pulling the independants, right?

Nope. It's called gerrymandering. Republicans haven't won a national election since 2000. Even when they have held the majority in both Congressional chambers the votes they received to get there were fewer than those of their Democratic opponents. It has been this way for decades. Republicans are the minority in this country and it even shows in issue polling, like the abortion issue for example. I'll even talk about the gun control, on which I tend to agree more with Republicans, they are not the ones on the side of the majority.

Right now there is a significant portion of the country not being represented in Congress for one reason or another, or they are being misrepresented. It is not just a problem of gerrymandering, though, but one of the two-party system we have as well as the stagnant number of Representatives since 1911. Remember your history book about what the war for independence was fought over? A lack of representation.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Trump was impeached for something that was made up?

Who spied on a sitting president?

You mean violently broke into the Capitol (the building is spelled with an "o" in there, fyi) to disrupt the democratic processes? Yeah that one. And not all of them should bother me because they are very different.

Nope. It's called gerrymandering. Republicans haven't won a national election since 2000. Even when they have held the majority in both Congressional chambers the votes they received to get there were fewer than those of their Democratic opponents. It has been this way for decades. Republicans are the minority in this country and it even shows in issue polling, like the abortion issue for example. I'll even talk about the gun control, on which I tend to agree more with Republicans, they are not the ones on the side of the majority.

Right now there is a significant portion of the country not being represented in Congress for one reason or another, or they are being misrepresented. It is not just a problem of gerrymandering, though, but one of the two-party system we have as well as the stagnant number of Representatives since 1911. Remember your history book about what the war for independence was fought over? A lack of representation.

Yeah, you lost the room with that one.  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Another example

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-would-abolish-supreme-court-elect-judges-let-united-nations-decide/ar-AAZucRU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f6fbda998b5f4197b4f2454cd87ad784
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 02:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Another example

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-would-abolish-supreme-court-elect-judges-let-united-nations-decide/ar-AAZucRU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f6fbda998b5f4197b4f2454cd87ad784

Not commenting on the quality of the poll, but the UN?  Talk about dovetailing perfectly with every right wing conspiracy theory ever.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 02:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not commenting on the quality of the poll, but the UN?  Talk about dovetailing perfectly with every right wing conspiracy theory ever.

Oh I'm not claiming these articles are the end all and be all. Just that now more than ever it seems there's some shit going on. And I'm not so sure "they" have any care about all the BS political crap they can stir up.

They're all on the same bus. It's the end game that matters.
Reply/Quote
Ah, yes. The Fox News era where an immigrant came to this country and did extensive damage with his network as he whipped up low information people in a frenzy against immigrants coming to this country to do extensive damage.

As an Independent, I can tell you that the biggest problem in this country is that we had the audacity to vote in a black man as President. That's when Republicans became petulant children and threw themselves on the floor in a hysterical fit. That's also when they became known as the party of no as they openly said to the American people "Yyyyeah. We're going to make American's lives more miserable to prove a point to a black man by voting no on every single thing that a Democrat tries to vote through".

To anybody that agrees with the methods of "The Party Of No", congratulations. You're a culture warrior that will most likely vote against your own self-interest to own the Dim-ocrats, which is the entire point of Fox News. Rich people telling people they would never talk to or hang out with to vote against the 'Welfare for the poor" party so they will vote for the "Welfare for the rich" party.

This is how Congress USED to work before Republicans decided they wanted to take their football and go home because they didn't want to play with a "Running Quarterback":
R rep to D rep - "I have this bill here where I have 97% Republican reps behind, but I have the other 3% that would take big hits in their districts if they vote it through. You have a bill that has 97% Democrats behind it but those 3% would take big hits in their districts if they vote it through. I can get you the R votes you need to get your bill through if you can get me the D votes to get my bill through. After that, we can go back and work on things in each bill that we disagree with, BUT . . . the country moves forward and adjusts . . . moves forward and adjusts . . . moves forward and adjusts . . "

Republicans are no longer interested in either part of that system because that's progress and that sounds too close to progressive. You rarely have idiotic morons yelling loudly "He voted with Pelosi 7 times!!!" because this new crop of R reps only know how toe the line. Do you know what "He voted with Pelosi 7 times!!!" used to mean years ago? It used to mean that he got 7 other Republican bills through that would've still been held back without bi-partisan support but that era is over.

I just hope the coming war isn't until after I sell all of my shit and leave. I've already sold one lot of land, have another lot for sale and after I recover from my upcoming shoulder surgery, I'm putting the house up for sale in the Spring.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 01:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which part confused you?

Referring to the last sentence of your post, are you referring to the democratic party? If so, then I take back my huh.

Reply/Quote