Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civilized discussion concerning P&R
Many religious and political threads become long, drawn out discussion devolving due to eventually going off point. I wonder if there is a way to enter a simple 3 response Thunderdome style of discussion here. Kind of like thee townhall discussions, involving 2 posters of opposing viewpoints, and a limited number of responses (three to five?). This would remove any trolling, and reove the possibility of getting off-track.

I understand that may not play into the strengths of a messageboard, but it ma be something to consider that would increase meaningful religious/political discussion. Like a thread that is closed to all except those given access, and then a post limit for those given such access?

It is a rough idea, and certainly rife with potential abuses, but I like the idea of an intellectual speed round, which is not present on any other board.
Reply/Quote
I actually think it's a good idea. I don't think I'd like the entire forum like that though. Maybe a thread or two, here and there.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I fear I'd be severely outnumbered. Sorta like mad max himself.

Maybe time for a name change.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 07:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I actually think it's a good idea.  I don't think I'd like the entire forum like that though.  Maybe a thread or two, here and there.

Maybe it could be an elective selection, by the poster of the thread? Sort of like choosing to include a poll, or not.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The idea has its merits and its negatives.

I think some people would like it. Sort of a smack talk for P&R, with folks seeing who can accurately and quickly regurgitate their ideology's rhetoric.. And it would be worthwhile for them, I suppose.

Personally, I prefer the long, drawn out discussions that meander. I think it makes people think a little deeper about the topics and and their own positions. I know I've grown a bit more conservative over the years due to those types of discussions as I think about "the other side's" positions more.

That said, I think it is a creative idea and would be worth a try.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote