Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Cincy commercials (radio or tv)
Keeping in mind that me and Grampohol are older than most of you guys, search your memories for some of the oldest radio and/or tv commercials that may have stuck in your head. I remember many, but will start with the key words of this one: " Come to Cherokee Motors where Paddock meets Vine at the big Indian sign!"
Reply/Quote
Helpful hint: It doesn't have to be old to me, it could be from say, the 2000's and be classic to YOU! Some easy ones would be Cincy beer commercials, food establishments, Reds, Bengals, and pretty much anything you can come up with, heck, even the Zoo! Good luck!
Reply/Quote
Kash Amburgy..Follow the cars! Follow the arrows to Cash's BIG Bargain Barn in SSSOUTH LLLEBONON, Ohiah! You'll save cash with Kash!
Oh yeah..I was a commercial memory geek as a kid. LOL
Dayton had some doozy's too..Emmet Royer.. BHA spells Better Home Appliances..Music and appliance store.. I remember my dad telling Emmet Royer to go F himself in front of all us kids and my mom.. I was SHOCKED! Shocked I say! How many kids went and stood on their heads to sing the BHA song for a buck? Anything to get mom and pop in the door.. I had to deal with that dickwad as a grown man once,, He thought his shit just didn't stink.. It did..
Jerry Cohen of Concord City.. Gawd, he was annoying, but he sold a lot of junk.. As a kid I literally thought Cohen was angry at me for watching his commercials..He yelled all the way through every commercial.. lol
Those were the days when any fool with a store could beat you over the head on TV on Saturday afternoons. Ninja
My dad worked in print advertising in Dayton back in the day both newspaper, some TV and at Rikes department store and the Dayton Retail Merchants Association with a little known character named Harry Imboden who organized the Downtown Dayton Day sales so he knew all those jokers well.. What a lot of people don't know is the Dayton retail scene was a national phenomenon and was repeatedly written about in Ad Age magazine as cutting edge at the time. Emmet Royer, the A-hole he was was nationally known for his commercials and he was copied in just about every TV market in the country after awhile. It's one of the reasons the big grocery store price wars happened in Dayton and the city became one of the prime test markets for just about every product introduced nationally. If a product didn't do well in Dayton in the 60s and 70s it died nationally..a complete flop. The Dayton and Cincinnati area were where products were either made or went to die. The good old days.. Back then the boomer generation was still young for the most part and advertisers went after us with every trick they could come up with. It's why the TV show, Clubhouse 22 in it's heyday was the single highest rated show in the entire nation for it's time slot--3-4 pm or somewhere in that time period.. Poor Malcolm McCloud could have gone on to national fame, but he went into the business end of things instead..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Kwik Brothers. I remember someone didn't care about making money, he just loved to sell cars. Was "We don't got it you don't need it" local?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Come out to Batavia where cars, like eggs, are cheaper in the country.
Reply/Quote
Your good friends are Pat and Joe.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 06:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: Poor Malcolm McCloud could have gone on to national fame, but he went into the business end of things instead..

Snarfy carried him on that show.
Reply/Quote
"I don't care about making money. I just love to sale carpet!"
Reply/Quote
C'mon out to the zoo zoo zoo
The Cincinnati Zoo zoo zoo
There's lot's of fun for everyone
at the Cincinnati Zoo.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "I don't care about making money.  I just love to sale carpet!"

Dammit it is carpet.  I put cars.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 11:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Your good friends are Pat and Joe.

Oh God that jingle. Ii would neg rep you to hell and back if I could.

Reply/Quote
Marty and Joe Kroger commercials. "Hey little buddy".

Reply/Quote
Zenith televisions. The quality goes in before the name goes on.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "I don't care about making money.  I just love to sale carpet!"

1st one I thought of.
Reply/Quote
From the golden grain neath the generous sun, comes the pure grain beer, the golden one. From the golden grain comes the flavor today that turns Hudepohl beer into 14K. For the most enjoyable, most enjoyable taste in beer today, have the golden one, Hudepohl, grab a Hudepohl 14K! ( or something resembling this,lol)
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 10:08 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The Kwik Brothers.  I remember someone didn't care about making money, he just loved to sell cars.  Was "We don't got it you don't need it" local?

King Kwik Brothers. 
Reply/Quote
Reds fever, Catch it!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Two come to mind:

On Reds broadcasts, there was a Stihl tools commercial that had a country dude singing "Nothing works as hard as Stihl".

When Kings Island opened the disastrous ride called The Bat, they had a commercial for it. It had a cloaked critter creeping through a cemetery that eventually flew toward the camera in a sudden movement. Used to scare the bejeezus out of me when I was 5 or 6.
Reply/Quote
Weideman, Weideman beer; part of the good life in the Valley is Weideman beer!
Reply/Quote
I tried to find the Hudephole Beer jingle they played during every Reds radio broadcast to get the exact words. I am not sure if I have much of it right but it was something like

It's happy Hudey time!
It's happy Hudey time!
Just take a break today
Flavor's on the way
Reply/Quote