Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classy Ravens Player Tweeted Racist and Homophobic Slurs
And his teammates are completely fine with it!

Quote:"He's been a brother," said defensive lineman Michael Pierce, who is African-American. "We have never known him to do anything or say anything like that. So yes, as far as we know, he's good. We're going to stand behind him, and it's a brotherhood here."

Quote:"I was shocked, honestly, but Pat is family," Pierce said. "We actually went to dinner [on Dec. 3], so I never would have expected it. That's not the guy I know, and it's unfortunate that he said it, but he's still a brother to me and a brother to us on this team. So yes, we're going to stand behind him, and that's something we just never expected, honestly."

Really, though, is anybody surprised that an organization that has a murderer for the face of the franchise and a woman-beater as the second all-time leading rusher has a player using the n word and making homophobic slurs, and not to mention that the coach seams completely fine with it?!

Quote:Ravens coach John Harbaugh said the decision to make Ricard inactive for Sunday's game was unrelated to the tweets. Ricard has been inactive for three games this season.

Asked if the team has made any decision regarding Ricard, Harbaugh said, "The best way I can describe that is it's been handled internally, and it's been handled by the leaders on our team."

He wasn't suspended for the game and most likely won't be suspended.

By "handled internally," does Harbaugh mean he's going to fist-bump him and tell him good job?
Reply/Quote
This is great. Please let me know if you find any other questionable content on Twitter. I'm intrigued.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 07:39 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This is great. Please let me know if you find any other questionable content on Twitter. I'm intrigued.

Ok, because it doesn't really matter since he only tweeted it, right?
Reply/Quote
He was 16 when he made those tweets. Show me a 16 year old that doesn't do or say really stupid things and i'll show you a house where big foot and the loch ness monster live. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don’t know how it was used, but it seems there are plenty of white teenagers who think it’s ok to use the word in certain circumstances.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know how it was used, but it seems there are plenty of white teenagers who think it’s ok to use the word in certain circumstances.

Like when your bike gets stolen.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 12:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was 16 when he made those tweets. Show me a 16 year old that doesn't do or say really stupid things and i'll show you a house where big foot and the loch ness monster live. 

Unless my math is wrong, he was 18. But nonetheless, that’s still a pretty immature age, and the years since might have given him lots of opportunities to mature.

His teammates, who work with him every day, seem to think that those tweets don’t reflect the person he is now. Call me crazy, but I think that they’d be a pretty good judge of that.

On the other hand, Brad, who probably never heard of the guy before this and whose entire knowledge of any of them was gained from watching tv, seems to think he knows better than those who share a locker room. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 06:22 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Like when your bike gets stolen.
I kept getting those amazon pop up things on my phone so I couldn't read the whole article.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Meh, I can't get worked up about things that people said and did in their youthful, formative years, that certainly don't represent the grown adults that they have become.

To me, this is similar to the activist reporter that dug up that old post by Kyler Murray, and held onto it, just to release it on the eve of his biggest life achievement. That's not reporting of an event, that's just a vengeful attack on a person.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 09:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, I can't get worked up about things that people said and did in their youthful, formative years, that certainly don't represent the grown adults that they have become.

To me, this is similar to the activist reporter that dug up that old post by Kyler Murray, and held onto it, just to release it on the eve of his biggest life achievement.  That's not reporting of an event, that's just a vengeful attack on a person.

Yep. His whole purpose was to just shit all of Kyler. I keep thinking, 14. He was in 8th grade. I have a 7th grader and use her as reference. I hope to God that she doesn't text or Instachat something stupid that comes back to bite her in 10 years. Right now she's a lanky awkward child who I think might still believe in Santa  Mellow . To think that something she says now could have a negative impact on her in a decade is concerning. 

And here's the irony....if Kyler had committed an actual crime when he was 14, no one have ever known as it would have been expunged from his record when he turned 18.

Thank God there was no social media or digital footprint when I was 14 with the things that my friends and I said to each other back then. 
Reply/Quote
6-7 yrs ago? Pfft... As long as nobody was killed or raped or molested or whatever other extremely serious thing that could come to mind didn't happen then he deserves a break. I've done some pretty stupid things in the last since 2011 I hope are behind me and not thrown into my face to belittle my walk forward. I mean heck, isn't life about learning along the way and forgiving those who stumble? Now if the tweets were recent, that would be a different story.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 10:04 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yep. His whole purpose was to just shit all of Kyler. I keep thinking, 14. He was in 8th grade. I have a 7th grader and use her as reference. I hope to God that she doesn't text or Instachat something stupid that comes back to bite her in 10 years. Right now she's a lanky awkward child who I think might still believe in Santa  Mellow . To think that something she says now could have a negative impact on her in a decade is concerning. 

And here's the irony....if Kyler had committed an actual crime when he was 14, no one have ever known as it would have been expunged from his record when he turned 18.

Thank God there was no social media or digital footprint when I was 14 with the things that my friends and I said to each other back then.

No kidding !

If somebody had recordings of all of us back in 1978 or whatever we'd all be considered the biggest bunch of haters ever ! We were kids and it was the times. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 09:03 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Unless my math is wrong, he was 18.  But nonetheless, that’s still a pretty immature age, and the years since might have given him lots of opportunities to mature.  

His teammates, who work with him every day, seem to think that those tweets don’t reflect the person he is now.  Call me crazy, but I think that they’d be a pretty good judge of that.

On the other hand, Brad, who probably never heard of the guy before this  and whose entire knowledge of any of them was gained from watching tv, seems to think he knows better than those who share a locker room.  Rolleyes

"Sharing a locker room" gives them knowledge of the guy's character?  

Hilarious

Wow.......

Especially since you yourself said that he's not the most known guy, meaning that he's probably not outspoken too much in the locker room, but his teammates know what his character is like?

I only posted it because I find it hilarious how Ravens and Steelers fans will go to great lengths to rag on Bengals players for their actions, even if there was no intent, but find this kind of behavior ok because "he was only 18."  

Saying things when you're 18 to friends and whatever is one thing, but posting it on social media is a completely different thing.

I also love how everyone ignores the hatred of the posts and just acts like it was innocent mistakes by a junior high kid.  The dude was 18.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: "Sharing a locker room" gives them knowledge of the guy's character?  

Hilarious

Wow.......

It gives them a hell of a lot more insight than you have.  I would have thought that was obvious.

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Especially since you yourself said that he's not the most known guy, meaning that he's probably not outspoken too much in the locker room, but his teammates know what his character is like?

I said nothing of how well known he is to his teammates (I wouldn’t really know that because I’m not in the locker room with him either): I said he was unknown to you.  

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I only posted it because I find it hilarious how Ravens and Steelers fans will go to great lengths to rag on Bengals players for their actions, even if there was no intent, but find this kind of behavior ok because "he was only 18."  

Also, very often the reason why we point out the flaws of Bengal players (most of whose questionable actions occurred way later than 18) is often to point out your hypocrisy for turning a blind eye to them.

Here's the thing: Bengal fans are defending the guy too. Unlike you, they're being objective, rather than judging the guy because he wears a purple jersey.

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Saying things when you're 18 to friends and whatever is one thing, but posting it on social media is a completely different thing.

Not really. Kids don't often grasp the implications of social media. I've worked with college students, so trust me on this one.

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I also love how everyone ignores the hatred of the posts and just acts like it was innocent mistakes by a junior high kid.  The dude was 18.

Developmental theorists have observed that adolescence can last well into the 20s for some.  As a higher education professional, I can attest to the fact that a lot of maturing can occur between 18 and the mid-20s.  

Bottom line: if the people who know him best are willing to give the guy a second chance, why won't you? Is it because he's not a Bengal player?*

*(Spoiler alert: Yes. Yes it is.) 

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 08:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It gives them a hell of a lot more insight than you have.  I would have thought that was obvious.  
A guy that's not a big name obviously isn't going to come in and make a lot of noise, especially about controversial topics when he's in a locker room with a lot of black dudes, especially since I'd have to think that a locker room like the Steelers isn't one where someone feels comfortable coming in and acting bold.  It was his job.  People act a lot different in their work environment.

They really don't know his character, which he proved.

(12-15-2018, 08:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I said nothing of how well known he is to his teammates (I wouldn’t really know that because I’m not in the locker room with him either): I said he was unknown to you.   

But you claim they know more about him than me, meaning you DID say something of how well he is known to his teammates.

Contradict yourself much?  Typical Steelers fan.

(12-15-2018, 08:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Also, very often the reason why we point out the flaws of Bengal players (most of whose questionable actions occurred way later than 18) is often to point out your hypocrisy for turning a blind eye to them. 

The flaws of Bengals players are because of their actions, not because of their hateful opinions towards others.

(12-15-2018, 08:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Here's the thing: Bengal fans are defending the guy too. Unlike you, they're being objective, rather than judging the guy because he wears a purple jersey.   
A few are defending him, but I'd be calling this guy out regardless of what jersey he wears.

(12-15-2018, 08:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Not really.  Kids don't often grasp the implications of social media.  I've worked with college students, so trust me on this one.  

18 isn't a kid.  You keep acting like it was just some 8th grader that knows nothing of the world.  If these thoughts were still with him at 18 enough to post on social media, then they're likely engrained in his mind.d

(12-15-2018, 08:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Developmental theorists that have observed that adolescence can last well into the 20s for some.  As a higher education professional, I can attest to the fact that a lot of maturing can occur between 18 and the mid-20s.  

Bottom line: if the people who know him best are willing to give the guy a second chance, why won't you? Is it because he's not a Bengal player?*

*(Spoiler alert: Yes.  Yes it is.) 

Convenient that he was an adolescences and had no real knowledge of what he was doing.

Once again, they know him "best"?  Better than family?  Better than friends?  Because they spend time in a locker room with him, where things are said that people don't mean and where players aren't overly serious?  Really? 
Reply/Quote
Brad killing a thread with mindless ramblings yet again......
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 12:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Brad killing a thread with mindless ramblings yet again......
lol.

How was contradicting everything he posted, especially since it was ALL relevant to the point of the thread, mindless rambling?

Steelers fan offering nothing that makes any sense yet again......
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 12:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Brad killing a thread with mindless ramblings yet again......

(12-15-2018, 12:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

How was contradicting everything he posted, especially since it was ALL relevant to the point of the thread, mindless rambling?

Steelers fan offering nothing that makes any sense yet again......

Once again, I believe you missed the point.  You created this thread, which explains how you killed it.   
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 11:37 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: A guy that's not a big name obviously isn't going to come in and make a lot of noise, especially about controversial topics when he's in a locker room with a lot of black dudes, especially since I'd have to think that a locker room like the Steelers isn't one where someone feels comfortable coming in and acting bold.  It was his job.  People act a lot different in their work environment.

They really don't know his character, which he proved.

But you claim they know more about him than me, meaning you DID say something of how well he is known to his teammates.

Contradict yourself much?  Typical Steelers fan.

The flaws of Bengals players are because of their actions, not because of their hateful opinions towards others.

A few are defending him, but I'd be calling this guy out regardless of what jersey he wears.

18 isn't a kid.  You keep acting like it was just some 8th grader that knows nothing of the world.  If these thoughts were still with him at 18 enough to post on social media, then they're likely engrained in his mind.d

Convenient that he was an adolescences and had no real knowledge of what he was doing.

Once again, they know him "best"?  Better than family?  Better than friends?  Because they spend time in a locker room with him, where things are said that people don't mean and where players aren't overly serious?  Really? 

You have a right to your own opinion.  But you'll note that so far there have been 18 replies to your post and at this point not one person has stepped up to agree with it.  Why do you suppose that is? 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 02:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You have a right to your own opinion.  But you'll note that so far there have been 18 replies to your post and at this point not one person has stepped up to agree with it.  Why do you suppose that is? 

18 replies by only 6 different people other than me, so your that's not really a fair point to say 18, which why wouldn't you post that if you were trying to say how many people disagree with me?  Empty rhetoric is the answer.

You and other people are claiming that he's a good person because his teammates aren't bashing him, but guess who else they haven't bashed?

Ben Roethlisberger.

Even Steelers fans on here have admitted that Ben's a piece of shit (you may have even done it), but they all must be wrong since his teammates never say it, right?
Reply/Quote