Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Dre Kirkpatrick at this point?
(03-21-2020, 07:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dre at Safety?  He gets hurt tackling WRs...think how he would fare against TEs.  

...or Le'Veon Bell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could be due to the rule about only being able to designate 2 players per team as post June 1 cuts, and cut them whenever.  Didn't Cordy Glenn count as one of those cuts?

I don't know but I'm sure Dre being on the roster is some sort of strategic financial move.  If they end up spending enough to warrant cutting him they will.  Something like signing a few FAs, Mixon's team coming to an extension and Dalton still being on the roster would still result in his 9.4M being cut.  They have enough talent at corner without him and would get better use out of that money.
Reply/Quote
I don’t get why everyone seems to think Dre has to be gone. We cut Webb and Dennard left. We signed two CB’s to similar cap hits to what those guys made last year (at least in the ballpark). Looks like as wash to me, hopefully an upgrade on the field. I’d rather keep him and not have them use that as an excuse to draft a CB at 33 then cut him and have the team feel a need to draft another high CB. At this point I’m happy with CB. We’re not likely to spend his money elsewhere so move forward and stop worrying about CB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have never heard anybody say having the best group of CBs in the league is why a team lost.
Reply/Quote
People suggesting Dre to safety are not reading the list if reasons we signed Trae.

Bruh cant tackle a dummy without getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 12:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: People suggesting Dre to safety are not reading the list if reasons we signed Trae.

Bruh cant tackle a dummy without getting injured.

They why in the hell would we pay this guy 12 million to stick around.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 11:22 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t get why everyone seems to think Dre has to be gone. We cut Webb and Dennard left. We signed two CB’s to similar cap hits to what those guys made last year (at least in the ballpark). Looks like as wash to me, hopefully an upgrade on the field. I’d rather keep him and not have them use that as an excuse to draft a CB at 33 then cut him and have the team feel a need to draft another high CB. At this point I’m happy with CB. We’re not likely to spend his money elsewhere so move forward and stop worrying about CB

It is cause Dre is being paid like a #1 Corner and he is at best the #3 Corner now, he will be a back up.

And he is a terrible tackler.
Reply/Quote
With Ebron going to the Steelers and Hooper going to Cleveland along with what the Ravens have at TE already maybe having a long CB like Dre isn't that bad of a thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 03:19 PM)J24 Wrote: With Ebron going to the Steelers and Hooper going to Cleveland along with what the Ravens have at TE already maybe having a long CB like Dre isn't that bad of a thing.

Does he cover a lot of TE's?  We know he can't tackle one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 06:40 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: According to spotrac (and backed up by Overthecap.com) we have about 20.7M, but that doesn't yet include Reader's and Alexander's salaries. So really we have around 3-5 million left, not enough to pay even our rookie class. I don't see how we don't have to shed a salary. We may have been assuming it would be Dalton's, but that's not as sure thing either. 

And I don't agree WJIII is that great of a player. He looked like a rising star a couple of years ago, but really, he has two picks in three years. He's in a contract year. Trading him at this point is a real option. 

Dude, Dalton is not going to be on the team. We get rid of both of those guys, we won't have enough guys to pay. No need to cut one of your top four CBs if you don't need to. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Does he cover a lot of TE's?  We know he can't tackle one.

He has the physical ability to wether he can or not is the question.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 03:47 PM)Mobster Wrote: Dude, Dalton is not going to be on the team. We get rid of both of those guys, we won't have enough guys to pay. No need to cut one of your top four CBs if you don't need to. 

You may be right about Dalton, but I wouldn't say it's a given at this point. Hard to see MB agreeing to cut a competent starting NFL QB. 

And to be clear, I was talking about trading WJIII, OR cutting Kirkpatrick. 

And yes we do need to. We are not a clever draft away from being competitive, not even close. We still have major holes to fill at OL and LB, we need a WR (and no, not Mike Thomas) because Green and Ross will not stay healthy all year, and we need depth at DE and safety. We can't draft all that. We have to keep the pedal to the metal to improve the roster. 
Reply/Quote