Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clay Travis
Listening to out kick the coverage this morning. Clay said Burrow is most likely to become Mahomes biggest rival ala Manning/Brady
Reply/Quote
That's contingent on us putting the right coaches/players around him. Jury's still out on the former and I'm not holding my breath on the latter.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Listening to out kick the coverage this morning. Clay said Burrow is most likely to become Mahomes biggest rival ala Manning/Brady

I could see that as well and also:

Jackson
Tua (if he lands in AFC)

The Bengals need to surround him weapons as the Chiefs have surrounded Mahomes. We don't have a Kelcey or their speed at WR. The OL of the Chiefs is also much better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Listening to out kick the coverage this morning. Clay said Burrow is most likely to become Mahomes biggest rival ala Manning/Brady

Sure hope so, sure seems to have the accuracy down like Mahomes and Burrow might end up being a better pocket passer.

Mahomes best throws are on the run. Not saying he is not a good pocket passer cause he is, just saying Burrow might end up 
being a better one if we can get a decent Line in front of him that can form a decent pocket.

(01-17-2020, 01:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: That's contingent on us putting the right coaches/players around him.  Jury's still out on the former and I'm not holding my breath on the latter.

We will see, Mikey might fork out the dough with this guy coming in. Last time we had the #1 pick and he was a QB he brought
in some decent FA's that helped out said QB...

(01-17-2020, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could see that as well and also:

Jackson
Tua (if he lands in AFC)

The Bengals need to surround him weapons as the Chiefs have surrounded Mahomes. We don't have a Kelcey or their speed at WR. The OL of the Chiefs is also much better.

Need to bring in some more weapons for sure. Any decent TE's in FA? Haven't looked.

I won't even bring up Ross's speed as it is always on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could see that as well and also:

Jackson
Tua (if he lands in AFC)

Think of what Andy Reid could do with Burrow.

Coaching and the Organization are major factors as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:01 PM)depthchart Wrote: Think of what Andy Reid could do with Burrow.

Coaching and the Organization are major factors as well.

Exactly.

Lamar wouldn't nearly have the success here because we would have put a round peg in a square hole. The Ravens not only promoted Kaeps successful OC who knew how to work with a running QB, they brought in a running QB as a backup and built the whole offense around him. Drafted all those TE's. Signed running backs in FA. Built a strong Defense so they wouldn't need to score 40 points a game.

They went all in on Jackson.

Burrow is going to have to adjust to the Bengals way of life. And this is why there's a likelihood he'll be ruined.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Exactly.

Lamar wouldn't nearly have the success here because we would have put a round peg in a square hole. The Ravens not only promoted Kaeps successful OC who knew how to work with a running QB, they brought in a running QB as a backup and built the whole offense around him. Drafted all those TE's. Signed running backs in FA. Built a strong Defense so they wouldn't need to score 40 points a game.

Burrow is going to have to adjust to the Bengals way of life. And this is why there's a likelihood he'll be ruined.

Thats pretty much what we need to do. We built Andy a pretty good team on both sides and couldve made a run in '15 but the wheels fell off after our playoff meltdown. We started getting old and hurt after that and of course we lost Whit. We can build it up again. We have some really good players to work with already. Just have to fill the weak spots and build it up. Having a legit franchise QB makes building a good team a lot easier.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 05:53 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Thats pretty much what we need to do. We built Andy a pretty good team on both sides and couldve made a run in '15 but the wheels fell off after our playoff meltdown. We started getting old and hurt after that and of course we lost Whit. We can build it up again. We have some really good players to work with already. Just have to fill the weak spots and build it up. Having a legit franchise QB makes building a good team a lot easier.

well after 2015 we lost both our Coordinators.. And WRs #2 and #3...

A year or 2 later the OL falls apart.

I think the biggest hit was losing Hue and Zim at the same time. we failed to replace either of those 2 in proper fashion especially on offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well after 2015 we lost both our Coordinators.. And WRs #2 and #3...

A year or 2 later the OL falls apart.

I think the biggest hit was losing Hue and Zim at the same time. we failed to replace either of those 2 in proper fashion especially on offense.

Not to mention whiffing on 3 straight (Possibly 4) 1st/2nd round OL picks. When your 1st and 2nd round picks don't turn out for a couple years straight it's hard. Especially when their supposed to be the cornerstones to your OL. 
Reply/Quote
3 Heisman winning qbs playing in the AFC north. That's crazy. Mike better get what we need to win in the coming years.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:33 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: 3 Heisman winning qbs playing in the AFC north. That's crazy. Mike better get what we need to win in the coming years.

Four if RGIII stays in Baltimore. Five total Heismans with Jackson, Mayfield, RGIII, Ingram, and possibly Joe Burrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Four if RGIII stays in Baltimore. Five total Heismans with Jackson, Mayfield, RGIII, Ingram, and possibly Joe Burrow.

I couldnt remember them all and didnt know RGIII win it. That's pretty cool!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:33 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: 3 Heisman winning qbs playing in the AFC north. That's crazy. Mike better get what we need to win in the coming years.

And one had more weapons than anyone this year and had losing record..Mayfield was a disappointment, if Burrow plays at the level of Senior year he should not need all the weapons his ability should overcome that. Mixon, Green Boyd and an improved Oline with William's health with Burrow should be enough to compete
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 09:31 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And one had more weapons than anyone this year and had losing record..Mayfield was a disappointment, if Burrow plays at the level of Senior year he should not need all the weapons his ability should overcome that. Mixon, Green Boyd and an improved Oline with William's health with Burrow should be enough to compete

I loathe the browns, but Baker Mayfield's regression isnt completely on him. They have O line problems and they did not do what he is good at.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 10:26 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I loathe the browns, but Baker Mayfield's regression isnt completely on him. They have O line problems and they did not do what he is good at.

The year before, Kitchens was credited with running the scheme that Mayfield was comfortable with. Same system this year and Mayfield flopped. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 10:44 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The year before, Kitchens was credited with running the scheme that Mayfield was comfortable with. Same system this year and Mayfield flopped. 

Theres a really good video of this very topic on YouTube by Brett Kollman. You're mostly right, but Kitchens changed his scheme up and it effected Mayfield. That's why he is fired and Dorsey is out of a job now. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Four if RGIII stays in Baltimore. Five total Heismans with Jackson, Mayfield, RGIII, Ingram, and possibly Joe Burrow.

Pretty wild, kind of overlooked this.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 10:44 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The year before, Kitchens was credited with running the scheme that Mayfield was comfortable with. Same system this year and Mayfield flopped. 

Yep. Can’t turn the ball over at the rate Mayfield did this season.

Reply/Quote
Baker succeeded because of Haley's offense. Kitchens was running Haley's system after he was fired.

When they turned to Kitchens system last offseason, Baker fell apart.

It is Haley's system Baker misses.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Exactly.

I can see them doing the Bengals version of all in like they did with Palmer.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote