Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clemson Vs osu
(01-01-2017, 08:35 AM)BonnieBengalr Wrote: Go Tigers!  Although we're from Cincinnati, my niece is at Clemson on a rowing scholarship, so our whole family rooted for Clemson.  I was shocked, though, that OSU could't capitalize on two interceptions.

I honestly wonder if our 1000 yard back got hurt in practice or warm ups good game to Clemson no offense to your defense they played great as did ur whole team but he had something in the range of 5 carries for 35 yards. And he fumbled twice which he never does. Makes me think he got hurt in practice bc it looked like they were force feeding Samuel instead if letting Weber pound it and then hit Samuel. Just looked like he was hurt and that made the whole game plan switch last minute.
Reply/Quote
Urban got a piece of humble pie
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is it too soon to call my brother who lives in Cleveland and is a huge Buckeye fan to rub it in?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Urban got a piece of humble pie

Yeah, that wasn't just a beating.  That was an undressing, a humiliation.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 08:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote:
I honestly wonder if our 1000 yard back got hurt in practice or warm ups
good game to Clemson no offense to your defense they played great as did ur whole team but he had something in the range of 5 carries for 35 yards. And he fumbled twice which he never does. Makes me think he got hurt in practice bc it looked like they were force feeding Samuel instead if letting Weber pound it and then hit Samuel. Just looked like he was hurt and that made the whole game plan switch last minute.

He wasn't hurt.

This is what you get with Urban Meyer, and the main reason I can't stand him.

It was no different than the Michigan State game last year that made Elliot call out the staff and declare for the draft.  When he is in the spotlight, Meyer thinks of the RB as an afterthought and wants to sling the ball around and showcase whoever he has in the Percy Harvin role, despite the best interest of the team.  If the line can't protect the QB, the best way to buy the QB time is to force the defense to be honest with the run.

After zero RB carries in the first 3 drives I knew it was going to be a loss, and I put it squarely on the HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He wasn't hurt.

It was no different than the Michigan State game last year that made Elliot call out the staff and declare for the draft.  When he is in the spotlight, Meyer thinks of the RB as an afterthought and wants to sling the ball around and showcase whoever he has in the Percy Harvin role, despite the best interest of the team.  If the line can't protect the QB, the best way to buy the QB time is to force the defense to be honest with the run.

After zero RB carries in the first 3 drives I knew it was going to be a loss, and I put it squarely on the HC.

when was watching the game I was like this is just like Michigan State game. But remember Zeke wasn't fully healthy in that game he had a staff infection. And Zeke 2 years ago he ran it with him in the biggest games. I just don't understand why u wouldn't use ur star running back.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:07 PM)McC Wrote: Is it too soon to call my brother who lives in Cleveland and is a huge Buckeye fan to rub it in?

Its never too early.  I live here in cleveland and it was nice seeing all the poopy faces last night.  Especially after each mediocre play by osu, the bar would erupt in O-H...I-O   Enough already
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 08:17 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Its never too early.  I live here in cleveland and it was nice seeing all the poopy faces last night.  Especially after each mediocre play by osu, the bar would erupt in O-H...I-O   Enough already

Yeah, if you're a football fan in Cleveland the Buckeyes' game last night and Browns' game today have been two giant kicks to the 'nads  Hilarious 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

False, Webber is slow AF, and the OL can't block worth crap.  That is why they tried so hard to feature Curtis Samuel.  Early on in this season, I nicknamed Webber "half-step", as in the dude is always half a step too slow to make anything impressive happen.  I even called out the OL, in the opening game, the one where they beat BGSU by 70 pts..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: False, Webber is slow AF, and the OL can't block worth crap.  That is why they tried so hard to feature Curtis Samuel.  Early on in this season, I nicknamed Webber "half-step", as in the dude is always half a step too slow to make anything impressive happen.  I even called out the OL, in the opening game, the one where they beat BGSU by 70 pts..

Never said Webber was a stud or the Oline were good.

I said that Meyer doesn't believe in the RB.  That his system precludes the need for the RB to be involved.

The oline can't block, but let's constantly drop back and try to throw to Samuel.  See the problem there?

Involve the RB and force a defense to honor the run first and you buy the time and space for the QB to make plays.
Reply/Quote
Looks like OSU got Ronda Rouseyed. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

This isn't Urban Meyer. The same personnel as the Championship team returned the year after without Herman and the offense was absolutely terrible. Everything was QB reads, stretch plays, or throws at the sideline instead of just running Elliot and throws downfield. After Herman left the new OC revamped the entire offense and single handily kept us from repeating. He made our offense one dimensional and as a result we were absolutely humiliated on the national level.

Fickell is also a huge hack. He's absolutely terrible at disguising his defensive coverages. He telegraphs his blitzes and he's horrible at situational play calling as can be seen by the cornerbacks back pedaling in short yardage situations. His scheme is similar to what we ran in Jr. High. He's bailed out all the time by talent but all too many times teams easily pick up third downs with nobody anywhere close.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Penn State should have been playing in that game. Surely, they could've at least kicked a FG.

Reply/Quote
Not too far off.........just glad Mike Brown didn't fire Marvin just to hire Urban.  Who in their right minds would want that guy as their Head Coach?  He sucks!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 04:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Not too far off.........just glad Mike Brown didn't fire Marvin just to hire Urban.  Who in their right minds would want that guy as their Head Coach?  He sucks!

yeah the dude that's won 3 national titles sucks.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:25 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Looks like OSU got Ronda Rouseyed. Ninja
Except we'll be back next year... That fraud is done. I remember the talk before she first lost that she would handle Floyd Mayweather in the octagon... Sports talk is so dumb.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 02:53 PM)jason Wrote: Except we'll be back next year... That fraud is done. I remember the talk before she first lost that she would handle Floyd Mayweather in the octagon... Sports talk is so dumb.

It's the Mike Tyson Syndrome.  Once he found out he wasn't invincible, he was never the same again.

Reply/Quote
OSU was outplayed and very, very poorly prepared and the coach meyer is to blame! PERIOD!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:21 AM)RASCAL Wrote: OSU was outplayed and very, very poorly prepared and the coach meyer is to blame! PERIOD!

still don't understand why weber got like no carries even though the ones he got were good gains. still get a feeling in the coming weeks were gonna find out he got hurt in practice or benched for something.
Reply/Quote
At least it was a close game
Reply/Quote