Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steeler week
Ok, so the Bills decided to play like ******* against the steelers this week, one week after the Giants did (only to look like a Super Bowl team one week later), but it gave me a vision.

This one would be perfect. Justice for last year. It would make them a laughing stock the entire offseason.

Here it is:

Bengals beat pissburgh this weekend. Rats lose to Eagles (after losing to pats tomorrow night).

The following week, Bengals beat Texans, Rats beat steelers.

The final week of the season. The Bengals beat the rats, and THE BROWNS GET THEIR ONLY WIN AGAINST PISSBURGH, sending Cincinnati to the playoffs. Thanks, Hue!!!

Sure, it is a one-in-a-million shot, but I got goose bumps even thinking about it.

Also, can we up the ante on "steelers suck" on sigs, moods, etc?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, so the Bills decided to play like ******* against the steelers this week, one week after the Giants did (only to look like a Super Bowl team one week later), but it gave me a vision.

This one would be perfect.  Justice for last year.  It would make them a laughing stock the entire offseason.

Here it is:  

Bengals beat pissburgh this weekend.  Rats lose to Eagles (after losing to pats tomorrow night).

The final week of the season.  The Bengals beat the rats, and THE BROWNS GET THEIR ONLY WIN AGAINST PISSBURGH, sending Cincinnati to the playoffs.  Thanks, Hue!!!

Sure, it is a one-in-a-million shot, but I got goose bumps even thinking about it.

As much as I don't think this team deserves to be in the playoffs, if what you listed above played out, I'd certainly find it rather amusing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, so the Bills decided to play like ******* against the steelers this week, one week after the Giants did (only to look like a Super Bowl team one week later), but it gave me a vision.

This one would be perfect. Justice for last year. It would make them a laughing stock the entire offseason.

Here it is:

Bengals beat pissburgh this weekend. Rats lose to Eagles (after losing to pats tomorrow night).

The final week of the season. The Bengals beat the rats, and THE BROWNS GET THEIR ONLY WIN AGAINST PISSBURGH, sending Cincinnati to the playoffs. Thanks, Hue!!!

I love the scenario, but most would think you were licking the toilet in a crack house, while being nut baked by a Bunsen burner. However, I Sir, do not think your crazy and I believe! At least a little bit anyway.

Reply/Quote

This one would be perfect.  Justice for last year.  It would make them a laughing stock the entire offseason.

Here it is:  

Bengals beat pissburgh this weekend.  Rats lose to Eagles (after losing to pats tomorrow night).

The final week of the season.  The Bengals beat the rats, and THE BROWNS GET THEIR ONLY WIN AGAINST PISSBURGH, sending Cincinnati to the playoffs.  Thanks, Hue!!!

Man.....you been on some good shit lately ! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't love our chances vs Pittsburgh, so let me get that out of the way. Crowell had a pretty good day vs this defense, so what's a vengeful Bell going to do?

That said, I don't think this is the same Bengals team we've seen for most of the year. The offense seems to have found something with the return of Eifert and the abrupt pause in the Ogbuehi experiment. The run game stil kinda sucks, but Andy is still playing extremely well when he has time.

On top of it all, the defense has played better, too. Burfict looks like himself again.

I have a tough time seeing the Bengals win on paper, but you never know. This Steelers team got their doors blown off by the Eagles and Dolphins. They take things for granted and believe every ounce of smoke that the national media blows up their asses. I doubt they're dumb enough not to take the Bengals game seriously, but they are vulnerable IMO. A shitty Ravens team proved that late last year.

I hope the bengals kill them. I also would laugh my ass off if they lost a key player like Bell or Brown again. Their misfortune is the second best thing to a Bengal victory.
Reply/Quote
The chances of the Bengals winning out: Not unrealistic.

The chances of the Ravens losing to the Patriots: Pretty damn good.

The chances of the Ravens losing to the Eagles: Very unlikely

The chances of the Ravens beating the Steelers: 50/50 shot.

The chances of the Steelers losing to the Browns: You gotta be kidding me on that one.

Then chances of all of the above happening: If you would just sell some of it rather than just smoke it all, you'd make so much more money.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 03:41 AM)samhain Wrote: I don't love our chances vs Pittsburgh, so let me get that out of the way.  Crowell had a pretty good day vs this defense, so what's a vengeful Bell going to do?  

That said, I don't think this is the same Bengals team we've seen for most of the year.  The offense seems to have found something with the return of Eifert and the abrupt pause in the Ogbuehi experiment.  The run game stil kinda sucks, but Andy is still playing extremely well when he has time.  

On top of it all, the defense has played better, too.  Burfict looks like himself again.  

I have a tough time seeing the Bengals win on paper, but you never know.  This Steelers team got their doors blown off by the Eagles and Dolphins.  They take things for granted and believe every ounce of smoke that the national media blows up their asses.  I doubt they're dumb enough not to take the Bengals game seriously, but they are vulnerable IMO.  A shitty Ravens team proved that late last year.  

I hope the bengals kill them.  I also would laugh my ass off if they lost a key player like Bell or Brown again.  Their misfortune is the second best thing to a Bengal victory.

I understand what you are saying if you look at the statistical evidence of the Browns game in relation to Crowell, but that WAS their Super Bowl.  And they did absolutely nothing against the Bengals defense in the first half.  Nothing.  Up 20-0, you could see the Bengals relax.  It is human nature, somewhat.  Do I think they would relax against a team like pittsburgh?  No.  But I don't put too much in a few big read-option runs after halftime.  RGKness's QB rating at the half was....zero.

The offensive assesment is dead on.  Without an absolute turnstile at RT, the offense seems to have found their groove.  With the climate sure to be similar Sunday, I could see a similar game plan with more passes just moving the chains and less down the field.  Boyd and Eifert are great targets for this.  Core could stretch the field, if they would let him more than once, and Hill/Burkhead continue to prove what I have said all along, that Gio isn't the only back that can catch.  And all this without AJ Green.  

As keyed up as the defense was against the Browns for some apparent boasting by Terrelle Pryor, I think after the hold-fest of week 2, and the bad officiating, the defense will be very angry.  And an angry Bengals defense is a good one. Please, I don't need 20 references to them losing their cool....I am talking about when they seem to play motivated vs. flat as a pancake.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 08:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The chances of the Bengals winning out: Not unrealistic.

The chances of the Ravens losing to the Patriots: Pretty damn good.

The chances of the Ravens losing to the Eagles: Very unlikely

The chances of the Ravens beating the Steelers: 50/50 shot.

The chances of the Steelers losing to the Browns: You gotta be kidding me on that one.

Then chances of all of the above happening: If you would just sell some of it rather than just smoke it all, you'd make so much more money.

I disagree about the Ravens very unlikely chances of losing to the Eagles.  If you notice, teams go week to week looking like world beaters and duds(See Giants, NY).  If they slip up once, it would likely be against the non-division foe before the final two games against pitt and Cincy.  It is at home, though.

The steelers losing to the Browns is the ultimate "no way in hell", but my point is that it would sure be fun for it to come down to that.  My buddy said that people would bet their life savings on pitt, without the points, just to win and I told him that is why it is possible that they could lose.  

I just hope it gets to that point and Hue pulls off a miracle.  I really do believe the Bengals are winning out.  I know that screws them in draft order, but I still want to see them make a run.  
Reply/Quote
Is it even worth getting excited for steeler week anymore? Let's be real here: we never win. It's only once in a blue moon that we even put up a challenge, let alone win. Does anyone know what Marvin's record is against them? I think he's won 6 total... You gotta wonder if even even truly wants to beat his hometown team. He grew up a steeler boy, their "loyalty" allegedly runs deep (Note: I'm mostly being sarcastic here).

Now with that said, I would no doubt have a nonstop jizz-fest if we could at least put a damper on their playoff hopes. I'm 90% certain we won't, and I'm 85% certain we'll get our asses thoroughly kicked. But hey... Any given Sunday
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:48 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is it even worth getting excited for steeler week anymore? Let's be real here: we never win. It's only once in a blue moon that we even put up a challenge, let alone win. Does anyone know what Marvin's record is against them? I think he's won 6 total... You gotta wonder if even even truly wants to beat his hometown team. He grew up a steeler boy, their "loyalty" allegedly runs deep (Note: I'm mostly being sarcastic here).

Now with that said, I would no doubt have a nonstop jizz-fest if we could at least put a damper on their playoff hopes. I'm 90% certain we won't, and I'm 85% certain we'll get our asses thoroughly kicked. But hey... Any given Sunday

Your skepticism is understandable and your assessment of Marv's steeler track record is accurate.  However, the Bengals have largely owned the Ratbirds under him (at least over the Dalton Era) and the Bengals defense is only allowing roughly 16 points per game since the bye.  No team is "kicking their ass".  I think the Bengals could lose, but I am excited to see the suddenly resurgent defense get after piggy.
Reply/Quote