Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Just traded 3 years of #1 Draft Picks. Ha, Ha
The Browns just kissed their future good-bye. Ha. Ha.....Good. Remember You Don't Live In Cleveland-Sam Wyche
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:23 PM)kevin Wrote: The Browns just kissed their future good-bye. Ha. Ha.....Good. Remember You Don't Live In Cleveland-Sam Wyche

wth would you make a separate post????  There are literally 4 other multi page threads on this.

ffs kevin stop making a new thread for every damn thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I recall them once trading all their second round picks, but they eventually got them back.
Reply/Quote
Shortest Kevin thread to date I believe. And no caps. I'm impressed.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: wth would you make a separate post????  There are literally 4 other multi page threads on this.

ffs kevin stop making a new thread for every damn thing.

Quit trying to tame the tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:23 PM)kevin Wrote: The Browns just kissed their future good-bye. Ha. Ha.....Good. Remember You Don't Live In Cleveland-Sam Wyche

In my sake, I do. You don't live in Cincinnati, you live in Cleveland!
Reply/Quote

Not only did they give up a bunch of picks, they signed Watson to a ridiculously huge contract that is fully guaranteed.
They definitely will have to figure out how to put cheaper pieces around him since he's going to take up a big portion of their cap in years to come.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not only did they give up a bunch of picks, they signed Watson to a ridiculously huge contract that is fully guaranteed.
They definitely will have to figure out how to put cheaper pieces around him since he's going to take up a big portion of their cap in years to come.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Its fun to Laugh... 

The rams havent had a 1st round pick in a while and just won a SB
Reply/Quote
I think Watson totally flops in Cleveland and this move sets them back to the stone ages in a big way.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:57 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: I recall them once trading all their second round picks, but they eventually got them back.

Those were their first round picks they got back, not their seconds.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Don't forget Chutney. They also got Chutney.
Reply/Quote
I remember when people laughed at the Rams trading away their first round picks from 2017 through 2023. Called it mortgaging their future.

The players that each of those picks were used on:

2017, 5th overall: Corey Davis
2018, 23rd overall: Isaiah Wynn
2019, 31st overall: Kaleb McGary (This one doesn't really count because they didn't trade this pick for a player like in the other years, they traded this pick for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick in the same draft.)
2020, 20th overall: K'Lavon Chaisson
2021, 25th overall: Travis Etienne

Among those players, the respective teams got a WR with one good (not great, just good) year in his career, a really good tackle/guard who has missed 31 regular season games in 4 seasons (more if you count playoffs), a tackle that has struggled thus far, a defensive end who has, thus far, been really bad and a RB that had an injury that may have already permanently altered his career potential.

Meanwhile, the Rams found their super bowl winning QB and one of the best CBs in the NFL.

The point being, draft picks are risky. Especially when you're consistently drafting in the 20s and 30s. If this trade allows the Browns to consistently make the playoffs and so all they lose is 3 ~25th overall picks, that's a really good deal to get a franchise QB.

There is are some very good reasons to criticize the Browns for trading for Deshaun Watson, but the compensation they gave up for him in picks is not one of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:38 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I remember when people laughed at the Rams trading away their first round picks from 2017 through 2023. Called it mortgaging their future.

The players that each of those picks were used on:

2017, 5th overall: Corey Davis
2018, 23rd overall: Isaiah Wynn
2019, 31st overall: Kaleb McGary (This one doesn't really count because they didn't trade this pick for a player like in the other years, they traded this pick for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick in the same draft.)
2020, 20th overall: K'Lavon Chaisson
2021, 25th overall: Travis Etienne

Among those players, the respective teams got a WR with one good (not great, just good) year in his career, a really good tackle/guard who has missed 31 regular season games in 4 seasons (more if you count playoffs), a tackle that has struggled thus far, a defensive end who has, thus far, been really bad and a RB that had an injury that may have already permanently altered his career potential.

Meanwhile, the Rams found their super bowl winning QB and one of the best CBs in the NFL.

The point being, draft picks are risky. Especially when you're consistently drafting in the 20s and 30s. If this trade allows the Browns to consistently make the playoffs and so all they lose is 3 ~25th overall picks, that's a really good deal to get a franchise QB.

There is are some very good reasons to criticize the Browns for trading for Deshaun Watson, but the compensation they gave up for him in picks is not one of them.

Right, if you get a true franchise QB, then the cost is kind of irrelevant.

With that said, I’m not sold Watson is “that guy”. He is going to a team without a talent like D Hopkins. On the flip side, Watson has never had a running game to lean on like the browns have.

It will be interesting, if he comes in and lights it up, I’m sure the city will forgive the legal stuff he is going through right now. If he struggles, the city could riot.

There is a TON of pressure on Watson.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: There is a TON of pressure on Watson.

But is there?  his contract is fully guaranteed....

Pass or Fail he gets paid
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 10:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: But is there?  his contract is fully guaranteed....

Pass or Fail he gets paid

There is. Understand he gets paid regardless, and if that is the only thing motivating him, then I’m glad he picked the browns.
Reply/Quote