Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland game time
With nothing left to play for by either team, the game will be played on Sunday at 1PM. I expect the Browns will rest their starters against a Bengals team playing for pride

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 08:15 AM)pally Wrote: With nothing left to play for by either team, the game will be played on Sunday at 1PM. I expect the Browns will rest their starters against a Bengals team playing for pride

I expect no Chase or Higgins and anyone that has an injury that could get worse by playing. No reason to risk injury for a meaningless game.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:31 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I expect no Chase or Higgins and anyone that has an injury that could get worse by playing. No reason to risk injury for a meaningless game.

Expect a lot of Mixon. He probably wants to grind out another 77 rushing yards to reach 1k, even though it'll be in 17 games at 3.8 a carry.

Also every single TE on the team, Higgins, Boyd, and Irwin are all heading into free agency and would probably like to put a nice game on tape before that... but you're probably right that Higgins with the hamstring would hold off as he likely has enough good tape out there to still get a payday.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Expect a lot of Mixon. He probably wants to grind out another 77 rushing yards to reach 1k, even though it'll be in 17 games at 3.8 a carry.

Also every single TE on the team, Higgins, Boyd, and Irwin are all heading into free agency and would probably like to put a nice game on tape before that... but you're probably right that Higgins with the hamstring would hold off as he likely has enough good tape out there to still get a payday.

I think if the guys were fully healthy, they would go, just because I think that’s who they are. But neither one of them will be 100% and it would probably be malpractice to put them out there. I’m hoping they get a long look at Brown as a feature back, but Mixon may want his touches.
Reply/Quote
Nice of the league to put the Texans/Colts game on ESPN instead of that bullshit streaming service.  And, a marquee game Sunday night with the AFCE title on the line.  

"Meaningless" game or no, I'm glad we're at 1:00 PM.  Guessing we may see a bit more of that window next year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'd sit or limit a lot of the ones that will be starting next year. This game shouldn't even be played anyways, so could care less about pride and all that. Much more important to go into offseason with healthy 2024 starters.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pally is right, I think we'll be playing for pride. Zac probably wants to avoid a winless record against our division rivals, also he's probably looking at his third consecutive winning season as some members have already said. Of course it might cost us some draft spots (maybe 2 spots), but defeating the Browns at home and finishing the season with a winning record is an opportunity our coaches and staff can't afford to miss.

Zac almost taking a Burrow-less team to the playoffs and finishing the season with a positive record will give him prestige and a better look from outsiders and the Browns family.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:27 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Pally is right, I think we'll be playing for pride. Zac probably wants to avoid a winless record against our division rivals, also he's probably looking at his third consecutive winning season as some members have already said. Or course it might cost us some draft spots (maybe 2 spots), but defeating the Browns at home and finishing the season with a winning record is an opportunity our coaches and staff can't afford to miss.

Zac almost taking a Burrow-less team to the playoffs and finishing the season with a positive record will give him prestige and a better look from outsiders and the Browns family.

Yeah, been seeing a lot of 'rest the starters' sentiment here today but I fully expect Zac to ignore that and throw everything at the Browns.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'd sit or limit a lot of the ones that will be starting next year. This game shouldn't even be played anyways, so could care less about pride and all that. Much more important to go into offseason with healthy 2024 starters.

I agree, no way I would play any OL starter, DL starter, Tee, Chase and others. I would make them all inactive or in case of Hubbard, Chase, Kappa and Tee place them on IR and bring up practice squad players.  Time to treat like a pre season game, last thing we need is a major injury that impacts 2024.

Browns will be sitting guys as well. If I am ZT, I let Williams be the RB and or Evans if healthy, run the ball every play. We lose, we may get a better draft position. One spot could matter in draft position.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hudson, Sample, and Wilcox will get a chance to have nice game tape.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:27 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Pally is right, I think we'll be playing for pride. Zac probably wants to avoid a winless record against our division rivals, also he's probably looking at his third consecutive winning season as some members have already said. Or course it might cost us some draft spots (maybe 2 spots), but defeating the Browns at home and finishing the season with a winning record is an opportunity our coaches and staff can't afford to miss.

(01-01-2024, 08:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, been seeing a lot of 'rest the starters' sentiment here today but I fully expect Zac to ignore that and throw everything at the Browns.  

Same, I think this is what will go down and we pull a win out in this one. Cannot go winless in the Division in a season.

Just cannot happen and is unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
Good to know what time the game is. I should plan to find something to do next Sunday.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote