Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland thinking about RB Ray Rice
So looks like the Browns are looking at potentially signing Ray Rice after injuries and non motivation from their current RB corps.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13419364/cleveland-discussed-signing-ray-rice-mike-pettine-says

What do you think? Personally I want to see Dallas give him a call and what he can do behind their line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 08:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: So looks like the Browns are looking at potentially signing Ray Rice after injuries and non motivation from their current RB corps.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13419364/cleveland-discussed-signing-ray-rice-mike-pettine-says

What do you think? Personally I want to see Dallas give him a call and what he can do behind their line.

I don't want to see Ray Rice play again myself but if there's any team he deserves to be on it's the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Women of cleveland watch out.

This should get interesting with Ray rice, Manziel, and Josh Gordon.
Reply/Quote
The Browns have started to catch some sympathy for being perennial losers. I move like this will make sure people continue to treat them like the worthless horeshit franchise they are.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wanna see him on the Browns so our team can squash him.  They'd at least get two more chances at it.  So yeeeaaaahh!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm all for second chances, and this isn't pacman jones we're talking about...he's really only ****** up once. His mistake should not carry a lifetime punishment. With that said....I don't have to root for him to succeed in this second chance.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What he did was wrong, but I don't think that he should have a lifetime ban from the league. I mean Greg Hardy did pretty much the same thing, but he's on a team right now. The only difference is that Rice was caught on video.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 06:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What he did was wrong, but I don't think that he should have a lifetime ban from the league. I mean Greg Hardy did pretty much the same thing, but he's on a team right now. The only difference is that Rice was caught on video.

And that video was awful. The words are one thing but when people see you beat down a woman that's another thing all together.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 01:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And that video was awful.    The words are one thing but when people see you beat down a woman that's another thing all together.

Should it really make a difference if you see it happening or not? There were bruises and scratches on Hardy's girlfriend when the police showed up to their house, and Hardy was even found guilty on two counts of domestic violence. Why should Hardy be able to play again in the league and Rice can't?
Reply/Quote
I think Rice deserves a 2nd chance, but from his last season, he was not the RB we've seen in the past. I think he's running low on mileage now.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 06:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What he did was wrong, but I don't think that he should have a lifetime ban from the league. I mean Greg Hardy did pretty much the same thing, but he's on a team right now. The only difference is that Rice was caught on video.

The whole Hardy thing is extremely weird. From everything I have seen he did not do anything wrong. He called the police himself, he was while the GF was on drugs, her story changed multiple times, she didn't show up to the trial, the charges were dropped, and he was only found guilty by some weird judge trial system NC has by a judge was has a history of high conviction rates. 

Who knows what actually happened, but all this fishyness is weird.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cowboys/comments/341yrp/the_asdefinitiveasican_greg_hardy_post/

Here is a decent write-up.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 03:08 PM)MrRager Wrote: The whole Hardy thing is extremely weird. From everything I have seen he did not do anything wrong. He called the police himself, he was while the GF was on drugs, her story changed multiple times, she didn't show up to the trial, the charges were dropped, and he was only found guilty by some weird judge trial system NC has by a judge was has a history of high conviction rates. 

Who knows what actually happened, but all this fishyness is weird.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cowboys/comments/341yrp/the_asdefinitiveasican_greg_hardy_post/

Here is a decent write-up.

I honestly don't know the specifics on the case. All I Know is that he was convicted of domestic violence. There still are many many more examples of people with domestic abuse in the league and are still playing.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 03:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I honestly don't know the specifics on the case. All I Know is that he was convicted of domestic violence. There still are many many more examples of people with domestic abuse in the league and are still playing.

He was convicted, but that was overturned on the appeal since the girl never showed up to the jury trial. So technically he was never convicted?

I was just saying you cannot compare the Rice and Hardy situations and use Hardy to explain why Rice should be in the league. The situations are too different. This doesn't mean I feel Rice shouldn't be playing.

Another big thing is that Rice looked bad in his last year and is old for a RB. Hardy is younger and played well last we saw.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 10:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Should it really make a difference if you see it happening or not? There were bruises and scratches on Hardy's girlfriend when the police showed up to their house, and Hardy was even found guilty on two counts of domestic violence. Why should Hardy be able to play again in the league and Rice can't?

Because Hardy still produces...  Ray Rice is coming up on 30, and averaged a shade over 3 yrds per carry the last season he played.  I'm sure most teams can find a younger player (without the tarnished name) to rush for 3 yards per.  It is a double standard, but if this happened to Rice 4 years ago he would have had teams lining up to sign him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 10:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Should it really make a difference if you see it happening or not? There were bruises and scratches on Hardy's girlfriend when the police showed up to their house, and Hardy was even found guilty on two counts of domestic violence. Why should Hardy be able to play again in the league and Rice can't?

If a woman gets slapped in the woods, and no one is around to see it.....
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 08:22 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The Browns have started to catch some sympathy for being perennial losers. I move like this will make sure people continue to treat them like the worthless horeshit franchise they are.

I'll defend the Browns here and point out that they are looking to improve a key position even though it means bringing in a more skilled, but less liked person and you are calling them losers for it, already?  Do people think the Steelers are horseshit losers for keeping Pig Ben and James Harrison?  

Ray Rice has to be better than 1 or all of the Browns' RBs so bringing him in for the sake of football might actually be a good move.  Just saying.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 01:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And that video was awful.    The words are one thing but when people see you beat down a woman that's another thing all together.

Come on, those two deserve each other.  It's not like he was just wailing on some woman who was trying to get away or call 911.  She got the worst of it and they're still together, so meh.  That's just the way some couples are and I don't get it, but I don't see why people were so shocked by what they saw.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 08:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: So looks like the Browns are looking at potentially signing Ray Rice after injuries and non motivation from their current RB corps.

I'm just happy he isn't coming to the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 05:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll defend the Browns here and point out that they are looking to improve a key position even though it means bringing in a more skilled, but less liked person and you are calling them losers for it, already?  Do people think the Steelers are horseshit losers for keeping Pig Ben and James Harrison?  

Ray Rice has to be better than 1 or all of the Browns' RBs so bringing him in for the sake of football might actually be a good move.  Just saying.

I'm calling the Browns losers based on the win percentage over the last 2 decades. No one thinks Ben and Harrison make the Steelers horseshit losers because those 2 directly lead us to a higher winning percentage.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
uh oh, Duke Johnson has a concussion. Perfect time to pick up Rice.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote