Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clint Boling is garbage
Ogbuehi has actually improved he's still bad but Ive seen improvement. Bodine is still consistently underwhelming self. Z and Whit are still both playing above average. Which brings me to Clint Boling hes not a rookie hes a veteran his play has been actually pathetic got beat on back to back plays on our last drive. Story of his entire season.
Reply/Quote
I disagree I like Boling.
Reply/Quote
Boling is the 2nd best OL on the team. (For what that's worth on a bad OL.)

He's also an elite pulling guard. Average-ish otherwise, but that still evens out to an above-average player. He also didn't take a 1st round pick (Zeitler, Ogbuehi). Not sure what improvement you've seen from Ogbuehi, or how you've seen Zeitler as above-average.

Only person I have seen actually improve is Bodine, and he's gone from awful to just below average (with still very bad snapping ability).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No, he's not garbage. He had a bad game.

Whit has had bad games this year. As has Zeitler.

So has Dalton and Atkins and Green.

Players aren't always going to be amazing week in and week out. Players have down games.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Bodine is awful. He gets overwhelmed by bigger DTs. Geno would kill him if he played against hinm.

It is unacceptable that Bodine's level of play has been accepted and he has not been replaced.

We have absolutely sucked at center since Braham got injured. How many years ago was that - 2005?

Unacceptable
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ogbuehi has actually improved he's still bad but Ive seen improvement. Bodine is still consistently underwhelming self. Z and Whit are still both playing above average. Which brings me to Clint Boling hes not a rookie hes a veteran his play has been actually pathetic got beat on back to back plays on our last drive. Story of his entire season.

he had a garbage game but is a good player. With everything going on and the transition likely in the off season we need him. 
Reply/Quote
News flash! They're all garbage.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: No, he's not garbage. He had a bad game.

Whit has had bad games this year. As has Zeitler.

So has Dalton and Atkins and Green.

Players aren't always going to be amazing week in and week out. Players have down games.

Great point wolf, and here's the crazy thing, I know from my experience as a baseball coach for years that, using Bengals as an example, you could have a team with the number one offense and defense and go undefeated to the Lombardi and there would still be yahoos, not just here, that would make it their goal to find something to complain about. Kind of fascinating to watch unfold.
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
I snapped this shot of out O-Line this week. I couldn't get Whit in the picture, but this gives you an idea of our problem.

[Image: 3555364F3756AB2D595E71AC8BCB5924.JPG]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Boling is the 2nd best OL on the team. (For what that's worth on a bad OL.)

He's also an elite pulling guard. Average-ish otherwise, but that still evens out to an above-average player. He also didn't take a 1st round pick (Zeitler, Ogbuehi). Not sure what improvement you've seen from Ogbuehi, or how you've seen Zeitler as above-average.

Only person I have seen actually improve is Bodine, and he's gone from awful to just below average (with still very bad snapping ability).

I must have missed the Ogbuehi improvement as well.  Every time I think "oh, we're not getting killed at RT every snap" I look closer and Winston is in the game.
Reply/Quote
I don't think I realized this, but evidently from Hobson's articles Boling is playing with a shoulder injury. If he's playing hurt because there is no quality depth behind him that isn't being used to cover for CO then good for him and bad on the coaches...
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 12:20 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I must have missed the Ogbuehi improvement as well.  Every time I think "oh, we're not getting killed at RT every snap" I look closer and Winston is in the game.

Sorry. You did miss his improvement. It was when he was sitting on the bench.
Reply/Quote
Boling got hurt when that fat turd from the Broncos put his weight on him when he landed in him. OGGIEBOGGIE might be the worst lineman I have ever seen. Every single player he looks like he's on roller skates. He's so bad everyone is forgetting about Bodine.
Reply/Quote
Boling might be the best lineman tho Whit probably still is. Nothing against Whit, but he turns 35 almost a month from now and age is catching up to him.

The two other first rounders, Zeit & Ced, are playing more like a 3rd rounder and an undrafted respectively.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 06:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Boling might be the best lineman tho Whit probably still is. Nothing against Whit, but he turns 35 almost a month from now and age is catching up to him.

The two other first rounders, Zeit & Ced, are playing more like a 3rd rounder and an undrafted respectively.

I think Ced may have made a mistake for even going out for football in the first place.  Perhaps basketball was his calling.  Or maybe an electrician or someone who can put the library books on the top shelf without the use of a step-ladder.
Reply/Quote
Boling and Whit are the only two on O-line to have any measure of success overall this season. Both have had several bad plays, whatever ails the center and left side is contagious I guess ?

Bodine has improved a tiny bit from beginning of season but still gets run over to much. Ced, well nothing to say he's just awful. Zeitler is barely better than those surrounding him.

In summary, the O-line has sucked !
Reply/Quote
True this

Yet think it is not fair to judge Zeitler too harshly per being sandwiched between Jake and Ced.

That is a tough gig.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ogbuehi has actually improved he's still bad but Ive seen improvement. Bodine is still consistently underwhelming self. Z and Whit are still both playing above average. Which brings me to Clint Boling hes not a rookie hes a veteran his play has been actually pathetic got beat on back to back plays on our last drive. Story of his entire season.

(11-15-2016, 06:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Boling is the 2nd best OL on the team. (For what that's worth on a bad OL.)

My god you know our OL is really bad when we start comparing the microscopic improvements they may or may not be making.

There's also blocking scheme problems. On one play I saw Eifert have to pull all the way from the left side of the formation to the right to be too late to block JPP who had a clear shot at Dalton. That's an odd way to underestimate JPP. Eifert blocking JPP strait up is already a mis-match, but to have to come all the way across the formation is just bad scheming against a very good player.

I feel the like Paul Alexander was sitting at his desk thinking, "We'll just trick JPP into thinking he's got a free shot at Dalton, then super TE will appear." It really looks like he was trying to be cute with this blocking scheme, yet he can't even get these guys to block strait up first.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 03:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: True this

Yet think it is not fair to judge Zeitler too harshly per being sandwiched between Jake and Ced.

That is a tough gig.

I agree, the criticism Zeitler is getting is unwarranted. He is actually trying to play both right guard and right tackle at the same time...
Reply/Quote

Whitworth actually ranked 2nd best OT in the league right now according to PFF.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/799113087018237952
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote