Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Trump re-explanation of what he REALLY meant
And people love this guy because he says what he means!   Cool

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/22/trump-narrows-call-stop-and-frisk-policy-chicago/90826694/

Quote:Trump narrows call for stop-and-frisk policy to Chicago

Donald Trump attempted to clarify his call to reinstate “stop-and-frisk” police practices Thursday, saying he specifically wanted law enforcement to use the practice in Chicago.

"I think Chicago needs stop and frisk. Now people can criticize me for that or people can say whatever they want, but they asked me about Chicago and I think stop and frisk with good strong — you know — good, strong law and order. But you have to do something. It can't continue the way it's going," Trump said in an appearance on Fox & FriendsThursday.

Trump was asked to explain the pros and cons of the controversial police practice.

"You know, [the police are] proactive and if they see a person possibly with a gun or they think may have a gun, they will see the person and they'll look and they'll take the gun away," Trump said.

Trump’s call for the practice in Chicago is more specific than Wednesday night where, in a pre-taped an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, he appeared to call for national stop-and-frisk programs.

The controversial practice allows police to search people based on "specific and articulable facts." Critics say the practice can lead to racial profiling.
Trump also discussed the violent protests in Charlotte, N.C.  which began after an African American man was shot and killed by a police officer Tuesday. Protests have occurred for two straight nights and one person was in critical condition after being shot Wednesday night. There was also a fatal officer-shooting of an unarmed black man in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Friday.

"Wow, here we go again. It's very sad. When you look at what's going on it's very sad. It's very divided, our country, and it's getting worse. So, I'm not overly surprised to see it but it's happening everywhere," Trump said. "It just seems that there's a lack of spirit between the white and the black. I mean, it's a terrible thing that we're witnessing."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
A ‘Short-Circuit’ on F.B.I. Inquiry? Hillary Clinton Seeks to Explainl

Hillary clarifies, but no apology for seeing Trump viewpoints as deplorable

Hillary Clinton Tries to 'Clarify and Explain' Controversial Comments About Email Probe

Hillary Clinton writes letter to Sen. Joe Manchin to clarify remarks on coal mining
(09-22-2016, 11:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: A ‘Short-Circuit’ on F.B.I. Inquiry? Hillary Clinton Seeks to Explainl

Hillary clarifies, but no apology for seeing Trump viewpoints as deplorable

Hillary Clinton Tries to 'Clarify and Explain' Controversial Comments About Email Probe

Hillary Clinton writes letter to Sen. Joe Manchin to clarify remarks on coal mining

I thought we weren't allowed to say "the other person is worse"?

Do you respect Clinton for her straight shooting and saying what she means too?

Smirk
(09-22-2016, 12:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: I thought we weren't allowed to say "the other person is worse"?

Do you respect Clinton for her straight shooting and saying what she means too?

Smirk

I don't respect either candidate for their "straight shooting." It frankly baffles me that anyone supports either of these candidates.

But, as to the "other person is worse", I wasn't making that claim. I was pointing out that the "other person does it too". You made it seem like you were critical of Trump "clarifying' his comments and I just wanted to remind you that Hillary has done it as well.
(09-22-2016, 12:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't respect either candidate for their "straight shooting." It frankly baffles me that anyone supports either of these candidates.

But, as to the "other person is worse", I wasn't making that claim. I was pointing out that the "other person does it too". You made it seem like you were critical of Trump "clarifying' his comments and I just wanted to remind you that Hillary has done it as well.

I was because Trump wants to have his cake and eat it too.  he wants to be a tough guy and then go to his friends on FOX and clarify what he means.  And the reality is he never means ANYTHING he says.  He just says what he thinks the people in front of him want to hear and then he changes it when someone questions him.

Same guy who said we should even be allowed to run for president if you use a teleprompter.

[Image: 19a926.jpg]
(09-22-2016, 12:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was because Trump wants to have his cake and eat it too.  he wants to be a tough guy and then go to his friends on FOX and clarify what he means.  And the reality is he never means ANYTHING he says.  He just says what he thinks the people in front of him want to hear and then he changes it when someone questions him.

And Hillary panders to every group she's speaks to and lies when someone questions her about things she's said or done that's turned out to be something bad.

You don't need to convince me Trump is bad, I know. But you seem to think Hillary isn't also bad. Why?
(09-22-2016, 12:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And Hillary panders to every group she's speaks to and lies when someone questions her about things she's said or done that's turned out to be something bad.

You don't need to convince me Trump is bad, I know. But you seem to think Hillary isn't also bad. Why?

I think she is much less bad.

I think a lot of things people say she has done have been proven either false or blown out of proportion.  I think Trump is a horrible, evil person who has done things that have been proven that Clinton has only been accused of and never proven despite 30 years of investigations.

I also respect her enough to use her last name the same as I do Trump.
(09-22-2016, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think she is much less bad.

I think a lot of things people say she has done have been proven either false or blown out of proportion.  I think Trump is a horrible, evil person who has done things that have been proven that Clinton has only been accused of and never proven despite 30 years of investigations.

I also respect her enough to use her last name the same as I do Trump.

Blown out of proportion? You mean like stealing an image you found online to use in a tweet? 

For the record, since you know all this, can you list the bad things that Trump has done that's been proven (I remember a couple that you've posted recently, but beyond those ...) and all the accusations leveled against Hillary that have been proven to be false?

Thanks.
(09-22-2016, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Blown out of proportion? You mean like stealing an image you found online to use in a tweet? 

For the record, since you know all this, can you list the bad things that Trump has done that's been proven (I remember a couple that you've posted recently, but beyond those ...) and all the accusations leveled against Hillary that have been proven to be false?

Thanks.

I get accused of posting too much about Trump and you can only think of "a couple" recently?

Just do some reading.
(09-22-2016, 12:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I get accused of posting too much about Trump and you can only think of "a couple" recently?

Just do some reading.

I was more thinking of the things Hillary has been accused of that have proven to have been false.
(09-22-2016, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was more thinking of the things Hillary has been accused of that have proven to have been false.

Killing Vince Foster? (Or any of the 30 or more people she and her husband have been accused of killing.)

Giving out favors for donations to the Clinton Foundation.

There are two big ones.
(09-22-2016, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I also respect her enough to use her last name the same as I do Trump.

You are admitting that you respect Trump ???
You know that's going to blow your bleeding heart liberal image, right ?
Ninja

(For the record.... I only hold maybe one or two people here as being in a predictable, defined, little box. You would not be one.)

Secondly though.....
Hillary has worked EXCEPTIONALLY hard to market herself, on her first name.
It not only gives the illusion that she's more personable (she's an ice-queen and you know it), but it distances her from her husband and his accusations/transgressions.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(09-22-2016, 02:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You are admitting that you respect Trump ???
You know that's going to blow your bleeding heart liberal image, right ?
Ninja

(For the record.... I only hold maybe one or two people here as being in a  predictable, defined, little box. You would not be one.)

Secondly though.....
Hillary has worked EXCEPTIONALLY hard to market herself, on her first name.
It not only gives the illusion that she's more personable  (she's an ice-queen and you know it), but it distances her from her husband and his accusations/transgressions.

Thanks.  Sincerely.

And I'm 100% sure that everyone who refers to her as Hillary is doing so because they respect her marketing.   Ninja
(09-22-2016, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks.  Sincerely.

And I'm 100% sure that everyone who refers to her as Hillary is doing so because they respect her marketing.   Ninja

No problem.

Honestly though, regarding first name, I think it's human nature taking over, to avoid confusion.
It is quite similar to millions of people referring to President Bush as "W" or "Junior".
I never seen it as disrespect, unless it was "Dubya".

Side note: I will admit that I use "Hilldog", as a slight.
I just don't like/trust the woman, just the same way I don't Romney and many others.

(09-22-2016, 02:49 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: No problem.

Honestly though, regarding first name, I think it's human nature taking over, to avoid confusion.
It is quite similar to millions of people referring to President Bush as "W" or "Junior".
I never seen it as disrespect, unless it was "Dubya".

Side note: I will admit that I use "Hilldog", as a slight.
I just don't like/trust the woman, just the same way I don't Romney and many others.

I used Drumpf for a while because I find it funny to puncture people who think they are really great, okay.   Smirk

But I will RARELY even use a term like Bungles or Ratbirds in Smack Talk let alone here.

Sometimes though, if I'm in the right mood...   Tongue