Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton's took 100M from Saudis
(05-25-2016, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly I don't even care if they look at one candidate as the lesser of two evils...I just wish they'd see that they are both evil and their "reasoning" for picking one over the other is completely tainted by the "D" or the "R" after their name.

Well hopefully we have a boon for 3rd party.  I would say Libertarian would be the top choice as they have a little something to offer both sides.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-25-2016, 10:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well hopefully we have a boon for 3rd party.  I would say Libertarian would be the top choice as they have a little something to offer both sides.

I think my third party write in candidate will be, "I'd rather have herpes."

Although I'm open to suggestions.
(05-25-2016, 11:17 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think my third party write in candidate will be, "I'd rather have herpes."

Although I'm open to suggestions.

Deez nuts
People suck
(05-25-2016, 11:19 AM)Griever Wrote: Deez nuts

Unfortunately, Deez nuts doesn't meet the age requirement, but I like his initiative.
If Raulph Nader EVER had a shot.....it would be now....lol
There is no way we get a third party in the white House any time soon, and it would take massive election reform just to get some other parties in congress.

But we would only need other "third parties" to control 10 to 15 percent of the votes to start getting some compromise deals done.
(05-25-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no way we get a third party in the white House any time soon, and it would take massive election reform just to get some other parties in congress.

But we would only need other "third parties" to control 10 to 15 percent of the votes to start getting some compromise deals done.

a big enough showing gets them on stage next time around, correct?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-25-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no way we get a third party in the white House any time soon, and it would take massive election reform just to get some other parties in congress.

What if one of the choices on the ballot was something like "Neither" or something to suggest that you did not want to elect either guy? Might be interesting if Trump gets elected as President but had only 30% of the vote while over 50% voted for "neither". I think it would stop all this "madate" talk the president-elect always spews after winning.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-25-2016, 11:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Unfortunately, Deez nuts doesn't meet the age requirement, but I like his initiative.

If someone that met the requirements had had the foresight to change their name to "None of the Above" and got on ballots in all 50 states....
--------------------------------------------------------

Hasn't the Tea Party moved far enough to the right of right they are a third party?
(05-25-2016, 07:44 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: If someone that met the requirements had had the foresight to change their name to "None of the Above" and got on ballots in all 50 states....

If someone had that much foresight they are probably over qualified for the job which would explain the quality of current candidates.  I can't remember the last time I couldn't hold my nose and vote for the one I disliked the least. 
(05-25-2016, 08:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hasn't the Tea Party moved far enough to the right of right they are a third party?

No they run as Republicans, and I don't think they are as extreme as lefties try to make them out as. I' m sure you can find some crackpots, but overall it's pretty basic stuff.

I think the real number you are looking for is 5%, in a general election.  I believe that is the number needed to guarantee a permanent seat in the general election debates.  Only then, will a true common sense candidate be able to make the current two-party system candidates look stupid, at the same time, on a National stage.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23