Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Close To A Championship?
(09-22-2017, 02:23 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I remember being seriously concerned about losing a couple toes. Took a good three hours to get my feeling back in my feet. Also had the displeasure of watching the pathetic Chargers game in person, I woulda cleaned house after that one....came very close to buying last minute tickets the night before the Steelers game too. With just a couple mins left I was kicking myself for missing our first playoff win in 2 decades lol a few minutes later that feeling changed drastically 

Went to that chargers game with my pops. We were in the 9th row in the end zone. I was talking to Pacman during warm ups. Really the only other thing I remember from that game was the feeling that we were gonna win at halftime, and the two fumbles that ensured that we didn't.... And getting rained on at the end.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:02 PM)jason Wrote: I remember tying my Playoffs towel around my face outlaw style to shield me from the wind.

No doubt man. I had so much Carhartt shit on I could hardly move....still had to go inside the concourse from time to time to get into at least a little warmth.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 04:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In that game...we did nothing for about 45 minutes...remember totally couldn't score. The Steelers had a backup RB shred us.

But, the meltdown started before the game. We were in the drivers seat for the #1 seed in the AFC and couldn't win a game to get that.

No. We would never have beat NE in NE. We would not have beat Denver in Denver. No way.

Then, after we beat NE or Denver...we would have had to face the other.

don't know if you can call it a meltdown it was a backup QB..... we would not have beaten both those teams with AJ that year I agree but the way Dalton had been playing all season.. we could match up with anyone that year.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't know if you can call it a meltdown it was a backup QB..... we would not have beaten both those teams with AJ that year I agree but the way Dalton had been playing all season.. we could match up with anyone that year.

The meltdown is we had a late lead and only had to fall down 3 times then punt and hold them. Instead they fumbled...then 2 personal fouls.

It was the biggest late meltdown I've ever witnessed.
Reply/Quote