Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closed thread suggestion
Maybe we can get a description of why a thread was closed when it happens. Seems like a legitimate discussion about the forum was taking place. Delegitimizes the community to an extent when a poster calls another poster an alt and then doesn't allow for a retort.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:13 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Maybe we can get a description of why a thread was closed when it happens.  Seems like a legitimate discussion about the forum was taking place.  Delegitimizes the community to an extent when a poster calls another poster an alt and then doesn't allow for a retort.

This is the biggest issue with this board.

I understand the desire for "transparisy", but when you do so you let the inmates run the asylum.

The mods here have been very open and much to their peril. In the mothership how many times were the questions that are asked of the mods were asked there? 

As COL Jessup said: "I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the biggest issue with this board.

I understand the desire for "transparisy", but when you do so you let the inmates run the asylum.

The mods here have been very open and much to their peril. In the mothership how many times were the questions that are asked of the mods were asked there? 

Agreed. The mods here (especially me) have been very open. Perhaps too much so at times. It's bitten me in the ass a couple times. One thing I've realized on this side of things is that people will never be happy. We're either too strict or too loose, too open or not open enough. 

Lets just say the thread was closed because a suggestion was made and the topic strayed (far) away from the topic. We got the point and I relayed the suggestions to the rest of the staff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would say most times a thread is closed it is quite obvious.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the biggest issue with this board.

That's all well and bfine, until a non-mod starts espousing rationale for a banning (alts) as if they have privileged knowledge that the rest of the community does not.  Only adds insult to injury when said accuser has been found to have alts in the past and then calls others 'idiots' (or something along those lines) when they ask for a justification regarding multiple user's being banned.  

Dude.  If you know something we don't either say that, or just shut the **** up.  I know you're smarter than that.  It's the holding it over other people's heads that completely baffles me.

(12-31-2015, 01:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. The mods here (especially me) have been very open. Perhaps too much so at times. It's bitten me in the ass a couple times. One thing I've realized on this side of things is that people will never be happy. We're either too strict or too loose, too open or not open enough. 

Lets just say the thread was closed because a suggestion was made and the topic strayed (far) away from the topic. We got the point and I relayed the suggestions to the rest of the staff.

Appreciate the clarification.  Started this before I saw the final post in that thread.  

Just to be clear though. I've never had an ALT, you and Bfine's(alt(s)) can attest to that.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:49 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: That's all well and bfine, until a non-mod starts espousing rationale for a banning (alts) as if they have privileged knowledge that the rest of the community does not.  Only adds insult to injury when said accuser has been found to have alts in the past and then calls others 'idiots' (or something along those lines) when they ask for a justification regarding multiple user's being banned.  

Dude.  If you know something we don't either say that, or just shut the **** up.  I know you're smarter than that.  It's the holding it over other people's heads that completely baffles me.

What the hell did you just say?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What the hell did you just say?

You know damn well what I'm talking about.  You've publicly stated on these boards that GHB/WDW/DJS are all the same poster.  Knowledge I was under the assumption would only be available to mods/admins.  But you seem to be adamant about its legitimacy.  So much so that you've lambasted other members here for having other opinions on the issue.

So I'm asking you now.  Why do you have such intimate knowledge of the situation?  You have said these things.  Can't deny that.  Why are you more informed than others?  What makes your past ALT discretions acceptable while you discredit others?

Again.  Please go ahead and tell me I'm an ALT as well and show me proof as much.  That seems to be a defense you go to often.  Given your intimate knowledge of the IP / HTTPS logs of these servers, I'm sure you can back up all these statements.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. The mods here (especially me) have been very open. Perhaps too much so at times. It's bitten me in the ass a couple times. One thing I've realized on this side of things is that people will never be happy. We're either too strict or too loose, too open or not open enough. 

Personally.....I love holic's board....tweak the rep a tad....and other than that....I wouldn't change a damn thing.  Oh....and make my phone work worth a damn on here LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:10 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You know damn well what I'm talking about.  You've publicly stated on these boards that GHB/WDW/DJS are all the same poster.  Knowledge I was under the assumption would only be available to mods/admins.  But you seem to be adamant about its legitimacy.  So much so that you've lambasted other members here for having other opinions on the issue.

So I'm asking you now.  Why do you have such intimate knowledge of the situation?  You have said these things.  Can't deny that.  Why are you more informed than others?  What makes your past ALT discretions acceptable while you discredit others?

Again.  Please go ahead and tell me I'm an ALT as well and show me proof as much.  That seems to be a defense you go to often.  Given your intimate knowledge of the IP / HTTPS logs of these servers, I'm sure you can back up all these statements.

Bfine is a member of my fantasy league (all board members here). When the boards crashed a couple months back, I tried explaining the situation to everyone in the fantasy league. At the time, we believed GHB, WDW, and DJS were all possibly the same person. Honestly though, I'm not sure that was ever proven. WDW flipped out and took our URL when DJS was banned. It made no sense that WDW would be so upset about DJS getting banned. They supposedly hated each other. Honestly though, I don't know if it was ever proven.

Anyways, that's probably how bfine knew. There's no conspiracy going on.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:10 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You know damn well what I'm talking about.  You've publicly stated on these boards that GHB/WDW/DJS are all the same poster.  Knowledge I was under the assumption would only be available to mods/admins.  But you seem to be adamant about its legitimacy.  So much so that you've lambasted other members here for having other opinions on the issue.

Never accused you of being an alt. I have no idea where you get that unless...

As to the "intimate" information: It was in our Fantasy Football league. The same guy that caused this board to be reconstructed tried to shut our FF league down.

Just in case this thread gets closed down: The explanation is your posts

Any more questions?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bfine is a member of my fantasy league (all board members here). When the boards crashed a couple months back, I tried explaining the situation to everyone in the fantasy league. At the time, we believed GHB, WDW, and DJS were all possibly the same person. Honestly though, there was never any proof. WDW flipped out and took our URL when DJS was banned. It made no sense that WDW would be so upset about DJS getting banned. They supposedly hated each other. Honestly though, I don't know if it was ever proven.

I'm there as well.  Saw the total melt down, didnt make any sense to me either.  Bfine's insistence that they were connected from a position of authority is all I'm speaking to here.  

No conspiracy theory regarding the board/mods/admin intended.  Just calling BS on someone bitching about ALTs who's been called out for ALTs before.

back to my maccaroni.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bfine is a member of my fantasy league (all board members here). When the boards crashed a couple months back, I tried explaining the situation to everyone in the fantasy league. At the time, we believed GHB, WDW, and DJS were all possibly the same person. Honestly though, I'm not sure that was ever proven. WDW flipped out and took our URL when DJS was banned. It made no sense that WDW would be so upset about DJS getting banned. They supposedly hated each other. Honestly though, I don't know if it was ever proven.

VD is part of that league too, BTW.  

So many abbreviations in this thread...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:24 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: VD is part of that league too, BTW.  

Is this your way of telling us you have a venereal disease?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is this your way of telling us you have a venereal disease?

Why would I have to tell you when I've already shown you?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why would I have to tell you when I've already shown you?

It took years of therapy to forget. Thanks for reminding me.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:13 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Maybe we can get a description of why a thread was closed when it happens.  Seems like a legitimate discussion about the forum was taking place.  Delegitimizes the community to an extent when a poster calls another poster an alt and then doesn't allow for a retort.

On the rare occasion that a thread is closed, the explanation for that action is usually blatantly obvious by simply reading the thread. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why would I have to tell you when I've already shown you?
when i scrolled down on my phone I got this comment and creepy Dalton filling the screen. That was freaking awesome and way better than the lame blue waffle comment I was going to make.

thank you, jc, thank you.

as far as the op, come on guys. If you close a thread, its generally whatever happened on the last two pages. I would strongly encourage anyone, if you don't want a thread locked or a post deleted, but you want to hash it out with someone, private messages. The rest of the board doesn't want to see two members going at it like high school chicks.
no, not that kind of going at it, the whiny slap fight. Man up, move on.
Reply/Quote
Wow lots going on ...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:23 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm there as well.  Saw the total melt down, didnt make any sense to me either.  Bfine's insistence that they were connected from a position of authority is all I'm speaking to here.  

No position of authority and despite popular opinion, I do not have anyone of authority in my pocket and/or constantly PM them.  I just employed simple observation skills (I am a Scout, you know). Let's examine the facts as we know them:

Poster A (GHB) gets suspended. Poster B (DJS) starts a "hands up" sig movement and gets very upset when someone (me) pokes fun at the suspension and movement.

Poster B (DJS) gets temporarily suspended for violating rules; doesn't take it well.

Admin A (WDW) gets upset over this suspension of Poster B and tries to shutdown the boards

Posters A's and B's temporary suspension soon turns to a banning. Poster B gets upset and tries to ruin the FF league

All the while Poster B threatens to have "inside information"  because Poster A was temporarily made a Mod by "mistake" and shared all he knew with Poster B.  

Now I have no tangible proof or insider information that any/all are the same person or in cahoots. But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; I often call it a duck.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No position of authority and despite popular opinion, I do not have anyone of authority in my pocket and/or constantly PM them.  I just employed simple observation skills (I am a Scout, you know). Let's examine the facts as we know them:

Poster A (GHB) gets suspended. Poster B (DJS) starts a "hands up" sig movement and gets very upset when someone (me) pokes fun at the suspension and movement.

Poster B (DJS) gets temporarily suspended for violating rules; doesn't take it well.

Admin A (WDW) gets upset over this suspension of Poster B and tries to shutdown the boards

Poster B's temporary suspension soon turns to a banning. Poster A gets upset and tries to ruin the FF league

All the while Poster B threatens to have "inside information"  because Poster A was temporarily made a Mod by "mistake" and shared all he knew with Poster B.  

Now I have no tangible proof or insider information that any/all are the same person or in cahoots. But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; I often call it a duck.

"Like the sands through the hour glass, so our the days of our lives."
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote