Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clowny fired by Browns for inflammatory comments
And rightfully so, in my opinion. Former #1 OA that failed to ever come close to living up to the expectations is now seeming salty that Myles Garrett gets all the obvious pass rushing snaps..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-player-reportedly-sent-home-after-calling-out-coaching-staff/ar-AA162RTi?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=758b248f23224e66b2b559b14acdfdca

Quote:Here's what he said, via Cleveland.com:

“I just feel like I need to be around somebody that believes in me and my ability,” Clowney, who will turn 30 on Feb. 14 said. “(It can’t) just be me believing in myself. I believe in myself more than anybody.”

..."There’s supposed to be a lot of changes around here next year, so they might not be back — and I might,” Clowney said.

Clowney also suggested the Browns coaching staff is putting him in bad situations to make Myles Garrett look better.

“You’re all trying to get somebody into the Hall of Fame when all that matters is winning,” Clowney said. “Everybody got here for a reason, and we can all make plays. I know I am.”

It certainly looks like he might never play another snap for the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wonder how cheap he would be, LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 07:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wonder how cheap he would be, LOL

I’m glad you’re kidding.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And rightfully so, in my opinion.  Former #1 OA that failed to ever come close to living up to the expectations is now seeming salty that Myles Garrett gets all the obvious pass rushing snaps..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-player-reportedly-sent-home-after-calling-out-coaching-staff/ar-AA162RTi?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=758b248f23224e66b2b559b14acdfdca

The sad thing is so many pundits and loud mouths were complaining because he couldn't enter the NFL as a sophomore, proclaiming how he could destroy the league even at that point in time.  But none of them seem to have any comments about that now.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The sad thing is so many pundits and loud mouths were complaining because he couldn't enter the NFL as a sophomore, proclaiming how he could destroy the league even at that point in time.  But none of them seem to have any comments about that now.

Yep

What's he had one decent season ? Another never got anywhere close to the expectations story.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(01-08-2023, 07:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

What's he had one decent season ? Another never got anywhere close to the expectations story.

Just completed his 9th season, and still never had double digit sacks.

And he has had JJ Watt and Myles Garrett drawing the protection towards their sides.
Reply/Quote
Probably still get a 1 year deal in the offseason from someone. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
What a clown
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 02:18 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: What a clown

It's in his name..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just completed his 9th season, and still never had double digit sacks.

And he has had JJ Watt and Myles Garrett drawing the protection towards their sides.

good point...
Reply/Quote