Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CoC being enforced
I couldn't help but notice that there are several board members on "administrative segregation", and that at least one member has been banned.

While I don't know what caused these events, specifically, but I do have a fairly good idea. Naturally, it's none of my business, as I was not one of the parties involved. However, as a board regular, I must say that I am happy to see the administrative team putting their foot down.

Kudos to the Moderators, for keeping this place fun for all to enjoy!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just as long as they don't venture too far into the BOTD thread. Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 05:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I couldn't help but notice that there are several board members on "administrative segregation", and that at least one member has been banned.  

While I don't know what caused these events, specifically, but I do have a fairly good idea.  Naturally, it's none of my business, as I was not one of the parties involved.  However, as a board regular, I must say that I am happy to see the administrative team putting their foot down.  

Kudos to the Moderators, for keeping this place fun for all to enjoy!

The strange thing is I was banned last week for some reason. I have been on my best behavior Shocked  so must have been a mistake as I was removed and allowed to sign back in to the site. I never saw an explanation for why I was banned for a post or if I was banned in error. I also applaud the job the do on here policing the site. I see nice warnings to members first to rethink some of their posts before suspensions and bans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The strange thing is I was banned last week for some reason. I have been on my best behavior Shocked  so must have been a mistake as I was removed and allowed to sign back in to the site. I never saw an explanation for why I was banned for a post or if I was banned in error. I also applaud the job the do on here policing the site. I see nice warnings to members first to rethink some of their posts before suspensions and bans.

There was a period last week where the site was down due to an update gone wrong. Perhaps you were just experiencing that and were not singled out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The strange thing is I was banned last week for some reason. I have been on my best behavior Shocked  so must have been a mistake as I was removed and allowed to sign back in to the site. I never saw an explanation for why I was banned for a post or if I was banned in error. I also applaud the job the do on here policing the site. I see nice warnings to members first to rethink some of their posts before suspensions and bans.

(06-26-2016, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There was a period last week where the site was down due to an update gone wrong. Perhaps you were just experiencing that and were not singled out. 

Yep.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Hiccup-in-service

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I agree sunset.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There was a period last week where the site was down due to an update gone wrong. Perhaps you were just experiencing that and were not singled out. 
Did not know about the hiccup. The weird part was it said I was suspended or banned.

TY

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Man, go on a little extended weekend trip, come back, and the ban hammer has been swinging like a pendulum!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 10:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did not know about the hiccup. The weird part was it said I was suspended or banned.

TY

If you read the message carefully, it was clear that it was a board thing. 

For future reference:
When you get banned from forums, you can still GET to those forums, but cannot post, etc., depending on the level of the Ban.  In most cases you can still log in to send private messages but cannot post, again it depends on the level of the ban.  If one cannot even GET to the forums, then it's a service problem, not a "you've been naughty" problem.
Reply/Quote
Do you guys play Hammer time when banning someone?
Reply/Quote
Once again, purple means timeout and pink means "See ya"? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 03:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Once again, purple means timeout and pink means "See ya"? 

Purple means that a member has been restricted from posting in one or more sections of the board for a period of time.

Pink means that a member has been temporarily suspended or permanently banned from the entire site.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 06:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Purple means that a member has been restricted from posting in one or more sections of the board for a period of time.

Pink means that a member has been temporarily suspended or permanently banned from the entire site.

How do you get approval to post in the P&R forum? For some reason, I can't get into that forum.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 09:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How do you get approval to post in the P&R forum? For some reason, I can't get into that forum.

100 posts/rep is required to post in PnR.

You should be able to post. Are you able to enter PnR?
Reply/Quote
#censorship
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 01:50 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: #censorship

The CoC isn't the constitution.  Rights here are limited to the rules as they are penned by the board owner.  Those who don't like the rules can find the door.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 08:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: The CoC isn't the constitution.  Rights here are limited to the rules as they are penned by the board owner.  Those who don't like the rules can find the door.

[Image: 54747421.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Rules are rules like it or not!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
[Image: god_machine.gif]
Reply/Quote