Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Film On AJ Green
https://youtu.be/phaf4-AogWg

I dont agree with the guy that's breaking down the film at all, but it's a good look at the situation. This guy wants to blame most of it on Burrow for the throws not being perfect, but it looks to me like AJ is blanketed 95% of the time and they would be picked if thrown anywhere else.. I think AJ  gets frustrated way to fast and if he did have anything left it won't matter because of his actions.. Slamming his helmet and mouthing off on the side line isn't helping anything ...
Reply/Quote
I like Ace, but he’s been making non-stop excuses for AJ ever since he gave them an interview on their channel. I understand appreciating him coming on, but you lose credibility when you just fanboy out, and not tell it like it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Ace, but he’s been making non-stop excuses for AJ ever since he gave them an interview on their channel. I understand appreciating him coming on, but you lose credibility when you just fanboy out, and not it tell like it is.

Agreed. Literally all this video did was show me replays of what I thought I saw live. AJ being blanketed with 0 separation on almost every single play. 

I'll give him some are bad throws by Burrow but the only time AJ had more than a step on someone was a broken play. This dude is whack if he honestly believes what he's saying. 
Reply/Quote
Watching that video makes the situation seem like there is three issues.

1) The blocking is just horrible, can really see it on those plays and it must be fixed or nothing else matters.

2) A.J. isn't getting open as much as he used to, he still does at times, but it isn't at the same rate.

3) When he has been open on deeper throws, the ball is off target. Out of bounds a few times or just off target badly.

Have to think as time goes on, the missed passes will get better with experience. Not sure if A.J. will ever get that explosive step back, so he will need to find a new way to get separation or a new scheme to get him the ball. Most importantly, if that line isn't fixed...nothing matters.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bad blocking.

Low risk deep sideline throws overthrown.

Short route/screen passes.

None of these listed above will result in AJ's success.

AJ's lost some speed but also is not being granted any favors here.

I'm sure that fat paycheck its nice but not going to buy away frustration from a guy used to being a great player.

It's only human nature for him wanting to either be coached/game-planned better or to move on.

I was one of many who didn't want to tag/resign AJ, but I understand his unhappiness on this current team.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Ace, but he’s been making non-stop excuses for AJ ever since he gave them an interview on their channel. I understand appreciating him coming on, but you lose credibility when you just fanboy out, and not tell it like it is.

I guess I am in the minority, but I think both AJ and Burrow are at fault and each share some blame. Burrow flat out missed AJ who was open by 5 or 6 yards on a throw to the endzone against the Chargers, a game we lost. After the game, Burrow said something like every high school QB can make that throw and took the blame.  AJ was also called for a PI call on a TD catch in the same game which would have been game winner. Was it PI? Yes, it was but Mike Williams got away with same crap 3 times in same game so disappointing those no calls and then a call as Burrow led a great drive, AJ ran a great route and both were penalized as was our team with a loss.

On the other hand, AJ does not get separation as he has done in the past. His burst is just not there yet, maybe gone forever or maybe working his way back from the ankle injury a year ago. Also, Joe made a horrible decision to throw under pressure the interception intended for AJ, he missed he bad,but then AJ did not go make the tackle, he was too busy pouting in my opinion. I questions AJ's work ethic right now.

So, I see both players are to blame, but give a little more to AJ since he is the vet and Joe is the rookie. But neither shares no blame.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 04:11 PM)Tony Wrote: https://youtu.be/phaf4-AogWg

I dont agree with the guy that's breaking down the film at all, but it's a good look at the situation. This guy wants to blame most of it on Burrow for the throws not being perfect, but it looks to me like AJ is blanketed 95% of the time and they would be picked if thrown anywhere else.. I think AJ  gets frustrated way to fast and if he did have anything left it won't matter because of his actions.. Slamming his helmet and mouthing off on the side line isn't helping anything ...

But his frustration is understandable.  He is playing on the Franchise Tag, so his next contract requires being able to excel this season, and nothing is going right for him.
Reply/Quote
Burrow and Green are not in sync yet. That's obvious.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I am in the minority, but I think both AJ and Burrow are at fault and each share some blame. Burrow flat out missed AJ who was open by 5 or 6 yards on a throw to the endzone against the Chargers, a game we lost. After the game, Burrow said something like every high school QB can make that throw and took the blame.  AJ was also called for a PI call on a TD catch in the same game which would have been game winner. Was it PI? Yes, it was but Mike Williams got away with same crap 3 times in same game so disappointing those no calls and then a call as Burrow led a great drive, AJ ran a great route and both were penalized as was our team with a loss.

On the other hand, AJ does not get separation as he has done in the past. His burst is just not there yet, maybe gone forever or maybe working his way back from the ankle injury a year ago. Also, Joe made a horrible decision to throw under pressure the interception intended for AJ, he missed he bad,but then AJ did not go make the tackle, he was too busy pouting in my opinion. I questions AJ's work ethic right now.

So, I see both players are to blame, but give a little more to AJ since he is the vet and Joe is the rookie. But neither shares no blame.

People really need to let that miss against the Chargers go. It was one play. In Burrow’s first NFL game. Burrow is not having trouble with any of his other WR’s. That tells me it’s far more on AJ than it is him.

When a rookie like Higgins, or a guy like Thomas is outperforming you then the problem is you.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow and Green are not in sync yet. That's obvious.

Which again, is because of AJ. He couldn’t even make it through TC without injuring himself (even if it was just a hammy). It’s not Burrow’s fault they didn’t get the necessary reps.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which again, is because of AJ. He couldn’t even make it through TC without injuring himself (even if it was just a hammy). It’s not Burrow’s fault they didn’t get the necessary reps.

Indeed not having that 4-6 weeks of day-to-day practice has definitely impacted Burrow's chemistry with Green (and Ross).
Burrow goes to the guys he's comfortable with. Boyd, Higgins, Tate, Mixon, Bernard, and Sample.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to let that miss against the Chargers go. It was one play. In Burrow’s first NFL game. Burrow is not having trouble with any of his other WR’s. That tells me it’s far more on AJ than it is him.

When a rookie like Higgins, or a guy like Thomas is outperforming you then the problem is you.

Why should we let mistakes Burrow makes go? That is being very biased, something you accuse others of being.

It was a horrid miss, Joe did not excuse it so neither should the fans. Our rookie QB is a starting NFL QB so coaches and fans should not treat him with kid gloves. If he makes ad throw or a mistake, he gets paid lots of money to make great throws and not make mistakes.

Early on Joe has not been good (below average for all starting QB's) for throws over 20 yards, one of those throws was a lay up he missed. I have said prior, he will start hitting those throws, but I will not ignore college deep ball Joe Burrow and NFL Joe Burrow early on has been night and day. Let's hope good college deep ball Burrow shows up very soon because as of now, Herbert is making him look bad on longer throws.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why should we let mistakes Burrow makes go? That is being very biased, something you accuse others of being.

It was a horrid miss, Joe did not excuse it so neither should the fans. Our rookie QB is a starting NFL QB so coaches and fans should not treat him with kid gloves. If he makes ad throw or a mistake, he gets paid lots of money to make great throws and not make mistakes.

Early on Joe has not been good (below average for all starting QB's) for throws over 20 yards, one of those throws was a aly up he missed. I have said prior, he will start hitting those throws, but I will not ignore college deep ball Joe Burrow and NFL Joe Burrow early on has been night and day. Let's hope good college deep ball Burrow shows up very soon because as of now, Herbert is making him look bad on longer throws.

Nothing to do with being “biased” it’s just silly to harp on one play as proof that’s its supposedly not primarily on AJ. He’s been horrendous. And that’s coming from a massive AJ Green fan. I own the man’s jersey. He’s one of my top 2-3 Bengals off all time, but when you play like absolute shit I’m going to call you out on it.

Also, who cares what Herbert is doing? Great, he hit some deep balls (mostly with his WR’s running wide open), but he still only has one win. Same as Joe. You guys are going to drive yourselves crazy if you keep worrying about Herbert (or Tua) every single week. Let’s see who the better QB is in 4-5 years. That seems more important to me.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Indeed not having that 4-6 weeks of day-to-day practice has definitely impacted Burrow's chemistry with Green (and Ross).
Burrow goes to the guys he's comfortable with. Boyd, Higgins, Tate, Mixon, Bernard, and Sample.

Pretty much everyone except those two guys...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 12:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nothing to do with being “biased” it’s just silly to harp on one play as proof that’s its supposedly not primarily on AJ. He’s been horrendous. And that’s coming from a massive AJ Green fan. I own the man’s jersey. He’s one of my top 2-3 Bengals off all time, but when you play like absolute shit I’m going to call you out on it.

Also, who cares what Herbert is doing? Great, he hit some deep balls (mostly with his WR’s running wide open), but he still only has one win. Same as Joe. You guys are going to drive yourselves crazy if you keep worrying about Herbert (or Tua) every single week. Let’s see who the better QB is in 4-5 years. That seems more important to me.

They're scared to death of what that's gonna be so they're taking their shots now while they can.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow and Green are not in sync yet. That's obvious.

When it comes to the deep ball, Burrow and nobody are in sync. When you're 1-24 or whatever it is after last Sunday (I know heading into that game it was 1-21) then it can't just be an AJ Green problem.

AJ Green's lack of deep completions are identical to Higgins' and Higgins wasn't hurt and isn't old.

The OL doesn't help, but a lot of the deep problem is just Burrow needing to find his touch. The times when WRs do have a step/steps, he's pretty consistently overthrowing.

He's a rookie and I am sure he'll figure it out, but at least on the deep pass specifically it's not an AJ Green problem. (Not to say there isn't an AJ Green problem right now. There is.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
One thing to keep in mind. Sometimes when you hit a big play there
Is a blown.coverage somewhere.
In order to create blown coverage you.have to create
Illusion and the concepts to make defenders overthink their
Responsibility at times.
But ZT has no.idea how to manufacture that on.offense
Reply/Quote
AJ is more than just rusty or just not "in sync" with Burrow. He looks to have lost a step and needs to find new ways to get
it done rather than relying on his talent. The argument about Burrow and the deep ball is flawed with THIS O-line. They are
terrible, the worst in the NFL after watching the Ravens game. Burrow just doesn't have time to go deep.

AJ cannot outrun anyone anymore and needs to just use his size.

We need to make a move for a Guard and a Tackle soon to save the season and more importantly our QB.
Reply/Quote