Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Jim McNally for OL Coach (Being Floated)
What i know about offensive line coaching I could fit under my little toenail with leftover room, but I do think it was well past time to move on from PA and they finally have. 
I think they told PA to say he's pursuing new horizons so he didn't have to go out with the stigma of being fired even though that's probably exactly what happened.. I'm pretty sure every other NFL team is aware of it too and someone will probably give him a job..
Damned, I'll cut my throat if PA goes on to coach the next super bowl winner with the best Oline in league history.. if that happens then you'll KNOW the league is fixed..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: What i know about offensive line coaching I could fit under my little toenail with leftover room, but I do think it was well past time to move on from PA and they finally have. 
I think they told PA to say he's pursuing new horizons so he didn't have to go out with the stigma of being fired even though that's probably exactly what happened.. I'm pretty sure every other NFL team is aware of it too and someone will probably give him a job..
Damned, I'll cut my throat if PA goes on to coach the next super bowl winner with the best Oline in league history.. if that happens then you'll KNOW the league is fixed..lol

I know quite a bit about OL play and Alexander was a good coach. Just need new blood and he was quirky with his technique. Which at times makes the run game slow moving.

He didn’t get fired. Just not offered a new contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know quite a bit about OL play and Alexander was a good coach.  Just need new blood and he was quirky with his technique.   Which at times makes the run game slow moving.  

He didn’t get fired.   Just not offered a new contract.

He was back in the day, but he didn't know how to adjust and was just too damn stubborn.

When you make a mistake you have to admit it and start the better player. He also was very poor at coaching run blocking.

One of the worst, but he was an okay coach in teaching pass protection to a point.

Still, his best players were polished from the beginning.

McNally would be an upgrade and we saw this in 2015 when he was a consultant and the dude is 74.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jim McNally might be someone to retain in staff as an adviser but the real offensive line coach should be someone like Willie Anderson.

Would take McNally over Anderson .. the track record as a coach speaks for itself.. I like Anderson but McNally resume way too good to pass up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote