Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach of the Year
(01-14-2023, 08:38 PM)jason Wrote: He avoided a losing record with a garbage team.

I wouldn't call them a garbage team, they still have a tough defense.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin could win coach of the year then CERTAINLY Zac could come in at LEAST in 32nd place..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 02:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This award always goes to coaches who over-achieved. Zac Taylor didn’t really do that. This team is just as good as we thought they were. You could say that maybe he’s deserving because he brought the team back from the 0-2 start, but it’s not as impressive as what some of the others did.

So you are saying he should have won it last year 4-11-1  to 10-7 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 08:40 PM)jason Wrote: They've put together a sneaky good staff of former players in Detroit. They've got an exciting young team. If they had a top QB they'd be dangerous as hell. I think Goff will eventually limit how far they can go.

Goff finally playing better. Zac was his QB coach in LA when he led them to the SB but right after Zac went to the Bengals he nose dived.

Goff obviously felt so: “ “He’s been so good for us all year. I feel his pain to say anything like that. We wouldn’t have been here without him. We wouldn’t have won 13 games without him. We wouldn’t have done all the great things we did on offense without him. We wouldn’t have had the culture we had without him. We wouldn’t have had the people we have here without him. He does so many things for this whole organization. I hope he knows that.”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zac should have hands down won the award last year and should be listed amongst the finalists this year as well imho.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Goff finally playing better. Zac was his QB coach in LA when he led them to the SB but right after Zac went to the Bengals he nose dived.

Goff obviously felt so: “ “He’s been so good for us all year. I feel his pain to say anything like that. We wouldn’t have been here without him. We wouldn’t have won 13 games without him. We wouldn’t have done all the great things we did on offense without him. We wouldn’t have had the culture we had without him. We wouldn’t have had the people we have here without him. He does so many things for this whole organization. I hope he knows that.”

He's still limited. His home and away splits are kinda appalling. It improved as this year went along though. They have some really good skill position players, and a great O line up there. The defense definitely needs some work, but they have that Rams pick to address that. They're my defacto favorite NFC team. I can totally relate to their fam base, and they're fun to watch.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Kyle S. Should be coach if the year. To keep winning with a 3rd string nobody and gave him playing like an all pro is amazing. Teams aren’t supposed to perform that well on their 3rd Qb of the season.

This year is tough though, there’s no shortage of deserving coaches this year. Giants coach would be my other pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:07 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think Kyle S. Should be coach if the year. To keep winning with a 3rd string nobody and gave him playing like an all pro is amazing. Teams aren’t supposed to perform that well on their 3rd Qb of the season.

This year is tough though, there’s no shortage of deserving coaches this year. Giants coach would be my other pick.

This seems logical.  The guy is on his 3rd string QB and he's coaching for a franchise that spent a bunch of picks on a QB who has played like 2 games in the last 4 years. 
Reply/Quote
I like Sirianni but his team was expected to do well and they performed. I would have voted for any of the others before him.

Kyle Shanahan is playing his 3rd string rookie QB and the 49ers haven’t missed a beat.

Brian Dabol and Pete Carroll had teams ranked in the bottom 5 with assumed shaky QB situations. Doug Peterson did the same with the Jags.

I think I would have voted Dabol first, Carroll second, and Shanahan 3rd.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you are saying he should have won it last year 4-11-1  to 10-7 

That isn’t what I was saying. I didn’t say anything close to suggesting my thoughts about last year.

But yes, I do think he should have won it last season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:07 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think Kyle S. Should be coach if the year. To keep winning with a 3rd string nobody and gave him playing like an all pro is amazing. Teams aren’t supposed to perform that well on their 3rd Qb of the season.

Yeah, and Seattle, AZ, and The Lams were a really tough draw times two.  Plus, they played the NFC South and their non-conference schedule (dictated by placing in 2021) included juggernauts like Chicago and Washington.  

It is just like PFF.  People love the numbers, but it doesn't take in to account the opponent.  
Reply/Quote
Nick Sirianni did not deserve this award. Brian Daboll should have absolutely won it. Eagles are loaded with talent. I’d have voted for Peterson over him too.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 06:12 PM)Destro Wrote: We can't be mad at absolutely everything.

Says who? (J/K)!
Reply/Quote
Love him or hate him Zac does kind of share some similarities with the Annoying Orange of YouTube fame.His mouth looks like it's superimposed as he speaks too.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote