Coach's First Fanspeak Mock
1)Reuben Foster LB Bama
Pure stud!

2)Forrest Lamp G W.Kentucky
Best guard available. Z walks.

3)Ethan Pocic C LSU
Bodine is on notice.

4)Zay Jones WR E.Carolina
Our Antonio Brown. Good luck covering this WR corps now.

4)Corey Clement RB Wisconsin
Wisconsin was good to us with Erickson and Melvin Gordon had a good year so we take his back up. Hill is under contract so odds are he will be here, unfortunately. That said, Corey helps bridge the gap til Gio returns to form.

4)Daeshon Hall Edge Texas A&M
Lacks consistency but has the size and speed to be very good.

5)Dan Skipper OT Arkansas
Stud RT in the 5th. He's a biggin!!

6) Dawuane Smoot Edge Illinois
Double dipping at DE/Edge. He's on the rise, has an NFL pedigree, and like Hall has serious potential. One or the other should work out in helping the lack of a pass rush.

6)Jalen Myrick CB Minnesotta
Scrappy CB and seems to be on the rise. Battles for that last spot or PS player. Return ability and runs 4.3-4.4 in the forty.

6)Josh Topou DL Colorado
Monster DT! Needs some coaching but has a good motor. Easily replaces Peko and as he gains experience should be an upgrade.

7) Jonathan Ford S Auburn
A coachable kid that is gaining some buzz of late. Has return ability and runs a 4.4. Probable PS stash.

Z walks but resign Whit. Let the CB drama play out on its own. Either Jones or DreK one will remain. Hope for the best with Rex but again up in the air. They bring Simonise back in with his 4.2 speed and see if he's ready to be our flyer. This draft isn't very flashy but I think it covers a lot of territory and needs. Is my very first mock in all of the years I've been here so plz be gentle...Lol
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 03:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: 1)Reuben Foster LB Bama
Pure stud!

2)Forrest Lamp G W.Kentucky
Best guard available. Z walks.

3)Ethan Pocic C LSU
Bodine is on notice.

4)Zay Jones WR E.Carolina
Our Antonio Brown. Good luck covering this WR corps now.

4)Corey Clement RB Wisconsin
Wisconsin was good to us with Erickson and Melvin Gordon had a good year so we take his back up. Hill is under contract so odds are he will be here, unfortunately. That said, Corey helps bridge the gap til Gio returns to form.

4)Daeshon Hall Edge Texas A&M
Lacks consistency but has the size and speed to be very good.

5)Dan Skipper OT Arkansas
Stud RT in the 5th. He's a biggin!!

6) Dawuane Smoot Edge Illinois
Double dipping at DE/Edge. He's on the rise, has an NFL pedigree, and like Hall has serious potential. One or the other should work out in helping the lack of a pass rush.

6)Jalen Myrick CB Minnesotta
Scrappy CB and seems to be on the rise. Battles for that last spot or PS player. Return ability and runs 4.3-4.4 in the forty.

6)Josh Topou DL Colorado
Monster DT! Needs some coaching but has a good motor. Easily replaces Peko and as he gains experience should be an upgrade.

7) Jonathan Ford S Auburn
A coachable kid that is gaining some buzz of late. Has return ability and runs a 4.4. Probable PS stash.

Z walks but resign Whit. Let the CB drama play out on its own. Either Jones or DreK one will remain. Hope for the best with Rex but again up in the air. They bring Simonise back in with his 4.2 speed and see if he's ready to be our flyer. This draft isn't very flashy but I think it covers a lot of territory and needs. Is my very first mock in all of the years I've been here so plz be gentle...?

I like it a lot I'm personally a fan of Mike Williams at 9 but if we go defense no complaints with Foster what so ever. The second pick worries me because in the senior bowl lamp just got destroyed and thrown to the ground by kpassagnon. If your a Guard that can't happen though if z leaves we should take him. I would prefer kpassagnon or even better demarcus Walker in the second or the best pat elflien and that would give us a different selection in round 3. Overall great mock 
Reply/Quote
I like Corey Clement. Might be one of the hardest runners in the draft. Doesn't have a great average...only 4.4 this year...but he runs thru contact nicely. Good spot to pick him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Lamp as a prospect, but I feel he's more of a LG or C. He's got only 31" arms, which is VERY short. Typically only centers can get away with arm length less than 32.5". While he's great in pass protection, he's not quite as good in getting push in the run game. Lamp counters his physical limitations with outstanding athleticism and good hand usage to be successful. If you want a stud pass blocker, Lamp should be able to get it done. But if you want a run blocker at RG that can get push off the line, you'll likely need to look at someone bigger, longer, and more powerful (like Dion Dawkins, Taylor Moton).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not crazy about any draft that burns a pick on an OG since I believe that we need to bring back Z.

That being said, I'd rather have Feeney if we go that route. I actually would take Feeney in the 2nd and put him at Center.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 06:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not crazy about any draft that burns a pick on an OG since I believe that we need to bring back Z.

That being said, I'd rather have Feeney if we go that route.  I actually would take Feeney in the 2nd and put him at Center.

While I'm with you in spirit that we should keep Zeitler, I just don't think it's going to happen.  In Bengals math, Zeitler doesn't play a position worth paying veteran market value to.  See, in their minds, interior OL, LB, and S are not "premium" positions, (even though teams that are strong up the middle on both sides of the ball tend to fare well..) and those positions are not where they want to spend their money. 

Damn them, and their wacky philosophy!  I still believe that a team that can run between the Tackles, and stone the run and passes to the middle of the field is always a contender.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I'm with you in spirit that we should keep Zeitler, I just don't think it's going to happen.  In Bengals math, Zeitler doesn't play a position worth paying veteran market value to.  See, in their minds, interior OL, LB, and S are not "premium" positions, (even though teams that are strong up the middle on both sides of the ball tend to fare well..) and those positions are not where they want to spend their money. 

Damn them, and their wacky philosophy!  I still believe that a team that can run between the Tackles, and stone the run and passes to the middle of the field is always a contender.

Exactly! I would love to keep Z but I don't see it happening at 10 mill per year.

Remember folks this isn't necessarily the exact players that I wanted but they were highest on the board during the live mock simulation.

Lamp wasn't my favorite but I figure between Westerman,Fisher,Pocic & Lamp, we should be able to find a guard amongst them.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Lamp as a prospect, but I feel he's more of a LG or C. He's got only 31" arms, which is VERY short. Typically only centers can get away with arm length less than 32.5". While he's great in pass protection, he's not quite as good in getting push in the run game. Lamp counters his physical limitations with outstanding athleticism and good hand usage to be successful. If you want a stud pass blocker, Lamp should be able to get it done. But if you want a run blocker at RG that can get push off the line, you'll likely need to look at someone bigger, longer, and more powerful (like Dion Dawkins, Taylor Moton).

Pocic is 6'7"  310 lbs & can also play guard. Lamp was highest rated player on CBS's board at that point in the mock. I liked his seasoning and versatility, just as I liked the versatility in Pocic.

That said, Lamp isn't my favorite pick at all. With the addition of Pocic 6'7" 310 lbs,Lamp 6'4" 300lbs,& Skipper 6'10" 322 lbs that's added some serious beef to the online.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 10:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Exactly! I would love to keep Z but I don't see it happening at 10 mill per year.

Remember folks this isn't necessarily the exact players that I wanted but they were highest on the board during the live mock simulation.

Lamp wasn't my favorite but I figure between Westerman,Fisher,Pocic & Lamp, we should be able to find a guard amongst them.

well hopefully tbey will resign him for Round 8.5 million. And instead of lamp wonder if elflien was available? He was a 2 time all American at rg before center. Anyways great mock lots of depth on oline. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 11:49 PM)Jpoore Wrote: well hopefully tbey will resign him for Round 8.5 million. And instead of lamp wonder if elflien was available? He was a 2 time all American at rg before center. Anyways great mock lots of depth on oline. 

I'm an OSU first, then FSU fan next. I like Elflien as well but Lamp was rated higher on the CBS draft board.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 12:03 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote:  
I'm an OSU first, then FSU fan next. I like Elflien as well but Lamp was rated higher on the CBS draft board.

Not sure if that has any bearing due to elflien switching to center or not. Does it? 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 12:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure if that has any bearing due to elflien switching to center or not. Does it? 

Elflien is considered a G or a C at the next level. Lamp played T at WKU but is considered a G or C at the next level. Lamp is ranked higher as a G according to the site that I was using so that's how I went. I also like Will Holden who played T at Vandy,(obviously not in the second though) but I would kick him inside to guard.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 01:26 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's considered a G or a C at the next level. Lamp played T at WKU but is considered a G or C at the next level. Lamp is ranked higher as a G according to the site that I was using so that's how I went. I also like Will Holden who played T at Vandy,(obviously not in the second though) but I would kick him inside to guard.

OK thanks I wasn't sure. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 10:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Exactly! I would love to keep Z but I don't see it happening at 10 mill per year.

Sure, just like we found a tackle between Ced, Fisher, Winston.....

If we are going to go that route, I would franchise Zeilter so we had him for a year to make sure that we have a guy that can step in.  We can't afford to go into next year with HUGE question marks on 3/5 of our line.
Reply/Quote