Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Change...
(01-05-2019, 04:28 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I don't know why people are still saying we need a GM when it has been reported over and over again that we already have a guy doing the job.

His name is Duke Tobin, he just doesn't have the title of GM.

A typical GM would have more say over players (signing, cutting, drafting) then Tobin seems to. Mikey meddles and the GM would be more of an official filter. Merv reported to Mikey whereas typically the coach reports to the GM
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why do people think a GM is the magic elixir that will change everything?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 02:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why do people think a GM is the magic elixir that will change everything?

All the worst teams have GM's.  So do all the best ones.  Could be just a coincidence.

All the SB winners since the 90's Cowboys have had one.  Could be just a coincidence.

Spitballing here, but maybe he should be a good one.

We've always had one.   Was he a good one?  Did he ever fire himself?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:28 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I don't know why people are still saying we need a GM when it has been reported over and over again that we already have a guy doing the job.

His name is Duke Tobin, he just doesn't have the title of GM.

Tiger I also believe this is true...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:11 PM)count35 Wrote: Honestly WHO CARES!!! The fact that the process DIDN'T start with hiring a President of Football Operations to oversee hiring of a GM, scouting department then coach just means this is just smelly s**t in another bag!!!

we have a president of football operations.   

And a guy that does the GM work without the title  I'm sure they are in the committee.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:49 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Well they may have more guys from the wild card teams that they want to interview next week.

Yeah, also like Richard for us once the Cowboys get knocked out lol
Reply/Quote