Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching FIRE SALE
IMO the entire coaching staff needs to GO.
This team needs a reboot from the ground up.

Marvin Lewis
Hue Jackson
Bill Lazor - OC
Kyle Caskey - RBs
Bob Bicknell - WRs
Jonathan Hayes - TEs
Frank Pollack - OL
Dan Pitcher - offensive assistant / WRs
Robert Couth - offensive quality control / o-line
Jacob Burney - DL
Jim Haslett - LBs
Daronte Jones - CBs
Robert Livingston - Safeties
Matt Raich - defensive assistant
Marcus Lewis - defensive quality control - d-line
Darrin Simmons - ST
Brayden Coombs - assistant special teams / defensive quality control

ALL of these people need to go! NOT JUST MARVIN!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:09 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: IMO the entire coaching staff needs to GO.

Marvin Lewis
Hue Jackson
Bill Lazor - OC
Kyle Caskey - RBs
Bob Bicknell - WRs
Jonathan Hayes - TEs
Frank Pollack - OL
Jacob Burney - DL
Jim Haslett - LBs
Daronte Jones - CBs
Darrin Simmons - ST

I agree that Marvin and most of the staff needs to go.  But I wouldn't be so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water.  I'd like to see what Pollack could do with some better raw material with which to work.  And I'd consider Van Pelt a keeper too.  The rest can go kick rocks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This doesn't matter if you have the same owner involved. I think Brown and Lewis will depart the same year. Not sure why and have no evidence of this.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Getting rid of Pollack and Simmons would just be dumb..... 
Reply/Quote
After a historically bad season, I'd completely clean house on defense. Defensive Line Coach, Linebacker Coach, Cornerback Coach, Safety Coach. I'd fire all of them.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:12 AM)McC Wrote: I agree that Marvin and most of the staff needs to go.  But I wouldn't be so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water.  I'd like to see what Pollack could do with some better raw material with which to work.  And I'd consider Van Pelt a keeper too.  The rest can go kick rocks.

I agree, I’d keep those two. They both seem like good pickups and more importantly they haven’t been here very long to learn the Marvin way. I want to clean house to change the culture and I don’t think keeping those two would cause any issues with that assuming the new coach wants them.

Other than possibly those two I say wipe the slate clean and start over.
Reply/Quote
Ok, so who are you going to get that's better than Pollack? What ST coach are you going to get that's better than Simmons?
Reply/Quote
IF (and this would be typical of what other teams would do) there was a new owner or an existing owner with a purpose to start over you do it top down not bottom up. Get the GM you want and he picks the HC who then picks the coaches he wants and they may or may not be existing ones. Same with the scouting staff, the GM would keep who they value and add/replace others.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:23 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: IF (and this would be typical of what other teams would do) there was a new owner or an existing owner with a purpose to start over you do it top down not bottom up. Get the GM you want and he picks the HC who then picks the coaches he wants and they may or may not be existing ones. Same with the scouting staff, the GM would keep who they value and add/replace others.

The closest we are getting to a new owner is when Katie and Troy actually take the reins.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:23 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: IF (and this would be typical of what other teams would do) there was a new owner or an existing owner with a purpose to start over you do it top down not bottom up. Get the GM you want and he picks the HC who then picks the coaches he wants and they may or may not be existing ones. Same with the scouting staff, the GM would keep who they value and add/replace others.

I agree with this, though I am leery of keeping around any coaches or players (with a few exceptions) who have been molded by Mike & Marvin regime. In order to implement a new culture we need to send guys with too much of that stink on them out the door.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:09 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: IMO the entire coaching staff needs to GO.

Marvin Lewis
Hue Jackson
Bill Lazor - OC
Kyle Caskey - RBs
Bob Bicknell - WRs
Jonathan Hayes - TEs
Frank Pollack - OL
Jacob Burney - DL
Jim Haslett - LBs
Daronte Jones - CBs
Darrin Simmons - ST

The top 3 definitely need to go.  Marvin and Hue for obvious reasons.  As the season has worn on, Lazor has been exposed as another Bratkowski.  Talent at the skill positions has made him look better than he actually is.  Bicknell also doesn't seem to be doing a great job of developing the young WR's.

I think Van Pelt is a keeper.  Simmons is a good coach, imo.  Pollack is solid, but may not fit with a new offense.  Ultimately, the new HC needs 100% control.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: The top 3 definitely need to go.  Marvin and Hue for obvious reasons.  As the season has worn on, Lazor has been exposed as another Bratkowski.  Talent at the skill positions has made him look better than he actually is.  Bicknell also doesn't seem to be doing a great job of developing the young WR's.

I think Van Pelt is a keeper.  Simmons is a good coach, imo.  Pollack is solid, but may not fit with a new offense.  Ultimately, the new HC needs 100% control.

Adding to the list with Van Pelt, Simmons, and Pollack. I'd like them to keep Jacob Burney and Johnathan Hayes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I was intrigued by Mayfield saying that finally someone was calling plays they could believe in.  And I loved how animated Kitchens was on the sidelines.

They will probably keep him on as OC, but when his contract is up I'd like to consider him as a possible HC.

Shot in the dark I know, but he's been around some good systems and might turn the franchise around by customizing the offense for the players and getting some needed intensity to this team.
Reply/Quote
As long as MB is GM none of this matters; it's that simple. And then who knows how Katie will run this team.
Reply/Quote
They're just waiting for fans to all pitch in to build the 70 foot tall statue of Mikey and Marvin on Fountain Square. . Then they'll fire em all..  

Just close your eyes and imagine it..I'll wait..

See how easy that was?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(in the vein of Bad Company.....)

"It's all part....of my foot---ball fant-asy....It's all part of my football dream....."

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: They're just waiting for fans to all pitch in to build the 70 foot tall statue of Mikey and Marvin on Fountain Square. . Then they'll fire em all..  

Where do I sign?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Out of curiosity, is the Brown family the only owners of an NFL franchise that were not already wealthy before they owned a team? The Browns were not rich correct?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The closest we are getting to a new owner is when Katie and Troy actually take the reins.

Indeed, we wait for Mikey to go senile or die.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Adding to the list with Van Pelt, Simmons, and Pollack. I'd like them to keep Jacob Burney and Johnathan Hayes.

Why would you keep Burney? The DL has regressed since he is Merv's buddy and was just handed the job..
Reply/Quote