Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check this out....New Falcons Stadium
This is a brief video with some highlights of the next Falcons Stadium. Color me jealous....

https://www.facebook.com/atlantafalcons/videos/10154329269167842/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

NOTE: Watch the text and comment on the "Fan Friendly Pricing"....wow!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing it. I've tried to visit quite a few stadiums and still think that Dallas and Arizona have the nicest (2) stadiums... The Superdome in New Orleans is also MUCH nicer in recent years than it was previously now that Mercedes Benz took over sponsorship. I still have no clue how Houston has the Super Bowl this year, as that stadium was one of the most unimpressive that I've visited and seems to be placed right in the ghetto of the city with nothing else around it in terms of things to do/see/eat/drink.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:53 AM)BoBengal Wrote: Pretty cool!  Thanks for sharing it.  I've tried to visit quite a few stadiums and still think that Dallas and Arizona have the nicest (2) stadiums... The Superdome in New Orleans is also MUCH nicer in recent years than it was previously now that Mercedes Benz took over sponsorship. I still have no clue how Houston has the Super Bowl this year, as that stadium was one of the most unimpressive that I've visited and seems to be placed right in the ghetto of the city with nothing else around it in terms of things to do/see/eat/drink.

Well I was unimpressed with Indy and it;s stadium  and surrounding and they hosted a Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
That is a nice stadium. With PBS 17 seasons in, middle age for stadium these days, I'm hoping we'll forget this open air stadium concept and build a domed stadium next time. I'm over sitting out on the rain.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 09:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That is a nice stadium.  With PBS 17 seasons in, middle age for stadium these days, I'm hoping we'll forget this open air stadium concept and build a domed stadium next time.  I'm over sitting out on the rain.

Truth, but I can't help but think it will be another 40 years before they replace it.  FWIW, I liked Ford Field a great deal when I saw the Bengals clinch the 2005 division there.  I don't know of the surrounding area at all for restaurants, etc.  Came and went the same day. 
Reply/Quote
I like Zimmer's place up in Minny.... hopefully the "fan friendly" concession prices will catch on....

[Image: 2c0d2b-20160828-vikes01.jpg]

[Image: venue-section-141-view.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a brief video with some highlights of the next Falcons Stadium.  Color me jealous....

https://www.facebook.com/atlantafalcons/videos/10154329269167842/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

NOTE:  Watch the text and comment on the "Fan Friendly Pricing"....wow!

Bengals play there 2018.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:53 AM)BoBengal Wrote: Pretty cool!  Thanks for sharing it.  I've tried to visit quite a few stadiums and still think that Dallas and Arizona have the nicest (2) stadiums... The Superdome in New Orleans is also MUCH nicer in recent years than it was previously now that Mercedes Benz took over sponsorship. I still have no clue how Houston has the Super Bowl this year, as that stadium was one of the most unimpressive that I've visited and seems to be placed right in the ghetto of the city with nothing else around it in terms of things to do/see/eat/drink.

well the citys BID   ie pay the nfl to have the rights to host.. Houston offered the most money that year.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Truth, but I can't help but think it will be another 40 years before they replace it.  FWIW, I liked Ford Field a great deal when I saw the Bengals clinch the 2005 division there.  I don't know of the surrounding area at all for restaurants, etc.  Came and went the same day. 

They started discussing a replacement for the Georgia Dome when it was barely 20 years old, so maybe we're just a few years away from a PBS replacement.  Or discussion of a replacement.  Maybe.

Ford Field is nice, and the way they incorporated the old Hudson's warehouse and everything was pretty neat.  That was originally going to be an open air stadium, but they changed their minds.  I'd love if we could do soemthing like that here.

(12-29-2016, 06:29 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Bengals play there 2018.

Road trip!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 06:29 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Bengals play there 2018.

I have a couple swimmers I coached in high school that live there...That might be a fun time to pay them a visit...both are huge Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote