Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Hot Seat
With the inevitable talk about down year teams needing/wanting new coaches, I thought I'd leave this here.

http://coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRankingNFL.htm

As of now, Marvin is ranked as the coach closest to the hot seat (although, I don't see him going anywhere any time soon). Some of the names in the ranking weren't too surprising (Fisher, Caldwell). Some others did surprise me (Jason Garrett as the second most in danger seems too high).

And some seemed way off. I don't think Tomlin is that safe, and a lot less safe than one spot off of Belichick, who should be more like 32 instead of 24.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had heard a rumor that Mike McCarthy may be on the hot seat in Green Bay.  Whether or not there is any substance to it I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 07:16 PM)Benton Wrote: With the inevitable talk about down year teams needing/wanting new coaches, I thought I'd leave this here.

As of now, Marvin is ranked as the coach closest to the hot seat (although, I don't see him going anywhere any time soon). Some of the names in the ranking weren't too surprising (Fisher, Caldwell). Some others did surprise me (Jason Garrett as the second most in danger seems too high).

And some seemed way off. I don't think Tomlin is that safe, and a lot less safe than one spot off of Belichick, who should be more like 32 instead of 24.

Belichick is arguably the best coach in the NFL. I think Zimmer will gain a level of awesomeness in just a few years.

Reply/Quote
On anything close to a normal team Marvin's ranking would be correct. But MB will not fire Marvin after this season regardless of how bad we finish, IMHO.

The only chance we have is if Marvin decides he's had enough and either quits or takes a promotion.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 09:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: On anything close to a normal team Marvin's ranking would be correct. But MB will not fire Marvin after this season regardless of how bad we finish, IMHO.

The only chance we have is if Marvin decides he's had enough and either quits or takes a promotion.

Unfortunately I think you're right.

Reply/Quote
If we finish in the bottom 10 in the league, Marvin will get canned.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 07:16 PM)Benton Wrote: With the inevitable talk about down year teams needing/wanting new coaches, I thought I'd leave this here.

Why does this have Pettine and Tomsula on here I wonder?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 05:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why does this have Pettine and Tomsula on here I wonder?

[Image: 0f81e325ed60e1461b7e.jpg]
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
John Harbaurgh will be a surprise fire when the ravens collapse and lose the division to the Steelers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 01:00 AM)J24 Wrote: John Harbaurgh will be a surprise fire when the ravens collapse and lose the division to the Bengals.

Fixed it for ya........    ThumbsUp
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 10:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If we finish in the bottom 10 in the league, Marvin will get canned.

How can you say this?  How long have you been a Bengals fan?  Seriously, anyone who thinks Marvin is getting fired is delusional.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 09:15 PM)Vambo Wrote: [Image: 0f81e325ed60e1461b7e.jpg]

Yes....but considering this is 2016 and those guys are already fired.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 04:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes....but considering this is 2016 and those guys are already fired.....

Look at the dates 2014 - 2015 ...

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mike and Marvin

On the same day that the Bengals' season all but ended with injuries to A.J. Green and Giovani Bernard during a loss to the Bills, two of Lewis' former assistants (Jay Gruden with Washington and Mike Zimmer with Minnesota) were piloting their way to big victories elsewhere. Lewis and the Bengals are victims of their own success. Expectations were raised because of the excellent roster Lewis helped to build. Three of his assistants (Gruden, Zimmer and Hue Jackson) have left to take head-coaching jobs elsewhere.

The story of Jackson's departure from Cincinnati for Cleveland last offseason helps explain Lewis' murky future. NFL.com's Michael Silver previously reported that Lewis himself pitched the idea of a succession plan to Bengals owner Mike Brown, which would take place after the 2017 season. Brown didn't want to put anything in writing for Jackson to take over, but the thought process shows Lewis is thinking about the end of the line.

Bengals fans don't want to hear it, but Lewis could be the one making the call about next season. A retirement is easier to imagine than Brown firing Lewis. The Bengals have disappointed in many areas this season, especially with their inability to protect Andy Dalton or get after opposing quarterbacks. But their nucleus -- led by Dalton, Green, Bernard, tight end Tyler Eifert, guard Kevin Zeitler, defensive tackle Geno Atkins and defensive end Carlos Dunlap -- is mostly young and intact. One sign of Lewis' success the last 14 years: This is a quality job, if it becomes open.

Then again, the Bengals job pales in comparison to the opportunity to coach the end of Aaron Rodgers' career in Green Bay. While Rodgers called criticism of McCarthy "ridiculous" last week, McCarthy's offense has grown stale the last two years. The Packers' defense is an even bigger issue, and coordinator Dom Capers likely needs a miracle finish to the season to be back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000744090/article/the-debrief-week-12-mike-mccarthy-marvin-lewis-in-trouble

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If Marvin isnt fired then when will he be? Will we ever let him go?? We have to this is just ridiculous. That guy cannot stay as HC. WE NEED A MOTIVATOR DAMNIT
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 01:53 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: If Marvin isnt fired then when will he be? Will we ever let him go?? We have to this is just ridiculous. That guy cannot stay as HC. WE NEED A MOTIVATOR DAMNIT

If you just look at the Dalton era... 5 straight playoff seasons 3 coordinators promoted to HCs, 1 losing season (still can right the ship to a winning season by winning out)  

But if you just look at that its possible to think the coach that did that would get a shot of redemption after the 1 bad season.

Basically you gotta remember we kinda let marvin go and then brought him back the year palmer quit on us and we drafted Dalton.   I don't know how MB views things    but its very possible marvin gets a year to redeem himself next season..   Playoff losses aside the last 5 years before this one were pretty good for us. most of those beating outside expectations.

the fan expectations around here went from please just win  a game too...  SB or bust...  and that is in no small part in thanks to marvin lewis.
Reply/Quote
Yeah need to move on. As it seems that the years of Marvin Lewis has won out it's welcome!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan should be done, the man has not had a winning season since his 2nd season as a head coach... talks a great game but does not finish.. always lacks a solid QB... and what the hell was he thinking hiring his brother to coach Defense.. has he not watched the Saints the last couple years...
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 08:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Rex Ryan should be done, the man has not had a winning season since his 2nd season as a head coach... talks a great game but does not finish.. always lacks a solid QB... and what the hell was he thinking hiring his brother to coach Defense.. has he not watched the Saints the last couple years...

I think the Ryans are just in it to tear up as much shit as they can, as long as they can. Then, when they get out, kick back, have a few beers and laugh about the whole thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Quote:John Harbaurgh will be a surprise fire when the ravens collapse and lose the division to the Bengals.
Wow! You had your crystal ball really fired up with that prediction.. I'm really looking forward to the playoffs this season where the Bengals run the table..
Oh wait..that's not what happened..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote