Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching interns
The Bengals have 4 intern coaches this year from the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship.

One of the four is former WR TJ Houshmanzadeh.

The other 3 are Chuck Smith, Keith Rucker, and Kelvin Bell.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals have 4 intern coaches this year from the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship.

One of the four is former WR TJ Houshmanzadeh.

Whoseyourmama wants to get into coaching, huh?  Guess I'm not surprised. 

Wonder how many interns actually do make it into the profession.  For instance, is Rod Woodson working in the league?

Also wonder who gets more out of it, the team or the intern.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:25 PM)McC Wrote: Whoseyourmama wants to get into coaching, huh?  Guess I'm not surprised. 

Wonder how many interns actually do make it into the profession.  For instance, is Rod Woodson working in the league?

Woodson was the DB coach for Oakland in 2011, but was let go afterwards. He just signed back with them to be an assistant DB coach.

It's great for both sides because of the networking. The interns get experience and develop relationships with the interns. Plus, if a coach moves on to a HC job, he has more names to choose from when putting together his coaching staff.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:25 PM)McC Wrote: Whoseyourmama wants to get into coaching, huh?  Guess I'm not surprised. 

http://www.raiders.com/team/coaches.html

Assistant DB coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Woodson was the DB coach for Oakland in 2011, but was let go afterwards. He just signed back with them to be an assistant DB coach.

It's great for both sides because of the networking. The interns get experience and develop relationships with the interns. Plus, if a coach moves on to a HC job, he has more names to choose from when putting together his coaching staff.

Very well said.  For most interns, I would think it would be their first time seeing things from the other side.  I guess he's working with the receivers?

i'd think there is plenty TJ could teach our young guys.  Don't see any kind of a downside.  This has been going on for a few years now, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:35 PM)McC Wrote: Very well said.  For most interns, I would think it would be their first time seeing things from the other side.  I guess he's working with the receivers?

i'd think there is plenty TJ could teach our young guys.  Don't see any kind of a downside.  This has been going on for a few years now, right?

Well I know Dermontti Dawson and Woodson were interns back in 2010.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well I know Dermontti Dawson and Woodson were interns back in 2010.

Dawson...That's right.  I had forgotten about him.  Nice memory or nice Google on that one.  Either way, thanks for the continuing info.

Reply/Quote
WOW HOPE TJ is talking a lot with Sanu. Sanu reminded me of TJ.
hoping he can teach him something
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Is it just me or was it great to hear Housh was back.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Houshmandzadeh-brings-his-chip/aa322857-e374-4116-925e-5dacebd89a23

If Sanu has to be Housh then what does that make Jones, our Henry? I'd rather Jones be the TJ to AJ's Chad. Or something like that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
jj Wrote:Is it just me or was it great to hear Housh was back.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Houshmandzadeh-brings-his-chip/aa322857-e374-4116-925e-5dacebd89a23

If Sanu has to be Housh then what does that make Jones, our Henry? I'd rather Jones be the TJ to AJ's Chad. Or something like that.
Clearly, TJ is being brought in to coach up our slot receiver, Rex Burkhead. Ninja

He should have a chance to help all of them. I'm really hoping he gets in Mario Alford's ear, being a fellow 7th round wide receiver.
Reply/Quote
Minorities coaching in Cincinnati?!??! Unheard of!!!
Has anyone informed Mike Klis of this?!?! He will be outraged for all of us!
Reply/Quote
For anyone who missed it, Mike Klis is a hack beat writer for the Broncos. He's generally an awful human being who accused the Bengals franchise of racism (Klis is white) because we wouldn't let Vance Joseph go to, you guessed it! DENVER! Besides the fact this happens a handful of times yearly on many teams....Klis was a butthurt little ***** who posted about the franchise's rampant racism.
Reply/Quote
Our HC is a minority coach so I don't see how anyone could view our team as racist considering Marvin could go 0-16 this year and still get another extension
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:59 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Our HC is a minority coach so I don't see how anyone could view our team as racist considering Marvin could go 0-16 this year and still get another extension

Reporters tend to not let the facts get in the way of what they want to report.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:59 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Our HC is a minority coach so I don't see how anyone could view our team as racist considering Marvin could go 0-16 this year and still get another extension

Mike Klis is not a smart man. He is a crying child who threw a massive temper-tantrum because he didn't get his way. He didn't care about the dozens of other time this has happened. He didn't care about the times a minority coach was passed up else where...it didn't hurt his Broncos. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 07:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is it just me or was it great to hear Housh was back.

When did the 2005 WR corps become the gold standard?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:01 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Clearly, TJ is being brought in to coach up our slot receiver, Rex Burkhead.  Ninja

He should have a chance to help all of them. I'm really hoping he gets in Mario Alford's ear, being a fellow 7th round wide receiver.

Would have been cool to see Housh out there that day we went, I think T.J. could be a good teacher/mentor...he helped Chad quite a bit. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 09:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Reporters tend to not let the facts get in the way of what they want to report.

Reporting has turned in the last couple decades from reporting facts to reporting to become part of the story in any manner necessary - facts are a side note.

And yes I'm glad TJ is here.
Reply/Quote
Chuck Smith was a very popular private coach/consultants for NFL pass rushers for years. Some of the best pass rushers in the league paid him for his coaching. I know he has worked with Geno before.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:35 PM)McC Wrote: Very well said.  For most interns, I would think it would be their first time seeing things from the other side.  I guess he's working with the receivers?

TJ helping teach how a #2 WR works and how to go get in the slot... I like it.

I saw a photo of him was his pony tail missing. (didnt he have one of those?)
Reply/Quote