Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coaching updates
The pass game coordinator role is an interesting one. It's a common position in college football, but it's becoming a new thing in the NFL. Pass game coordinator duties used to just go to the QB or WR coach. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 01:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The pass game coordinator role is an interesting one. It's a common position in college football, but it's becoming a new thing in the NFL. Pass game coordinator duties used to just go to the QB or WR coach. 

It is definitely interesting given the Oline coach background. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 02:33 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Seen earlier where Vrabel wants a DC job.  Please for the love of god and all that is holy get rid of Lou and bring in Vrabel!!

Would'nt be against that. Has to be a known commodity for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 05:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Are they going to get Vrabel any help on the defensive line or secondary?  Right now the secondary is not that good.  We can say they are young but are they going to get better with more experience?  You never know.  I hope they do because last year was a pretty bad.    On the defensive line they have 1 quality DT signed in Hill.  At DE they have Hendrickson who is horrible against the run because he would rather ignore the run game so he can pad his sack count.  At the other DE spot you have Hubbard who struggled this year.  Will Murphy make a big step up this year?  Lets hope he does.  The D line still needs help especially the interior.  Lou cant work miracles with the current defense and neither could Vrabel.  The defense needs more talent added to it.

Lou should've been blitzing a lot more instead of zone zone zone getting shredded.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 05:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Dline is a huge question mark.  

I think the secondary could take a step forward next season.  Battle showed to be solid, CTB is a good one.  Turner is iffy.

Many are questioning Dax, and rightly so, but he is an uber athletic and supposedly very smart player.  

Check out Jessie Bates performance during the Super Bow season compared to Dax in 2023:

I'm convinced Jessie did'nt want to be here. His best games were in the playoffs & they really was'nt that good.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 07:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They don’t talk unless prompted. They’d not be the least penalized team the last 5 years. Such an over blown thing.

How do you know that, you on the headset? There's a reason why they don't get plays in efficiently.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 05:17 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: How do you know that, you on the headset? There's a reason why they don't get plays in efficiently.

Least penalized offensive team with delay of game. Strike 1. Joe Burrow commented on it . Strike 2
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 05:16 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I'm convinced Jessie did'nt want to be here. His best games were in the playoffs & they really was'nt that good.

He was our highest graded player during the Super Bowl run.

Reply/Quote
The defensive issues were centered around constantly giving up explosive plays and probably 75% of those plays came due to communication mixups on defense.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 11:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: The defensive issues were centered around constantly giving up explosive plays and probably 75% of those plays came due to communication mixups on defense.

And missed tackles 

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 05:14 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Lou should've been blitzing a lot more instead of zone zone zone getting shredded.

Lou does blitz at times.  You cant do it a lot because that would leave the secondary with less help and as bad as the secondary was last year you dont want those guys being even more exposed than they were.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 11:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: And missed tackles 

Yes that also. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

No clue on what he would do or whom he is lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The more fresh eyes the better. Bengals seem like they have a good thing going with developing these young coaches (we'll see how Brad and Kovacks does). An underrated role of a HC.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No clue on what he would do or whom he is lol

Likewise, but fingers crossed he helps improve the offense.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if they will bring in another assistant QB Coach too.

They've officially promoted Fredi Knighten to assistant QB coach.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-promote-fredi-knighten-to-assistant-quarterbacks-coach

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 04:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They've officially promoted Fredi Knighten to assistant QB coach.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-promote-fredi-knighten-to-assistant-quarterbacks-coach

HR-101

When there's an opening in your organization and you don't promote someone within; you're telling your subordinates you don't think any of them is good enough for the job. You're telling your superiors that you are doing a poor job of developing your subordinate's career progression.

The Bengal live this (almost to a fault) in both the FO and with its players.  Outsiders may shoot holes in it, but Organizational members love it. I'm sure it's a big part of the "culture" members love. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 03:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: I like that Rascati's previous position was assistant offensive line coach. Maybe he can help the Bengals with protections as part of his role with the passing game.

This is also what I like about Rascati. Still wanted us to bring in a better OL coach but maybe with Rascati, a Free Agent RT another year,
and more under Center play from Burrow the OL will really improve. Could very well happen. Burrow being injured for most of the year 
really put the OL in a tough spot. Not making excuses for them but considering this I could see us much better this next season if we make
the right moves, even with Pollack still here.
Reply/Quote