Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Cocaine in the West Wing
(07-05-2023, 01:51 PM)pally Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-cocaine-west-wing-secret-service-investigation/

It is a tough sell to me as the press secretary constantly lies at the podium. It seems very convenient to say someone from the public may have left the cocaine. But that even raises more security questions. How did they get through rug sniffing dogs? The scanner requires  person to empty their pockets and they check all purses or bags prior to entering.

The biggest concern I have is how did anyone sneak a deadly drug into the white house. The more areas are open to the public, the more recording security cameras. I find it hard to believe the culprit was not identified within 24 hours. The POTUS and his family were out of town, so the secret service left behind had all the time in the world to review security tapes.
I would hope we would get an update directly from the secret service showing exactly where the dime bag was found and I would hope the premier and elite secret service agents can identify and get the DOJ involved to prosecute the individual responsible.

Congress oversees the Secret Service so I am hopeful they dig into this and get answers and are able to review the security tapes ASAP.

This is a black eye on the secret service and the Biden administration, so they need to investigate and find the guilty party this week. If not, they are a very bad protection detail.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Cocaine in the West Winnnnng

[Image: ClassicTracks_1218_01-Pey3n10rpIt_s2Efll...QklKTG.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is a tough sell to me as the press secretary constantly lies at the podium. It seems very convenient to say someone from the public may have left the cocaine. But that even raises more security questions. How did they get through rug sniffing dogs? The scanner requires  person to empty their pockets and they check all purses or bags prior to entering.

The biggest concern I have is how did anyone sneak a deadly drug into the white house. The more areas are open to the public, the more recording security cameras. I find it hard to believe the culprit was not identified within 24 hours. The POTUS and his family were out of town, so the secret service left behind had all the time in the world to review security tapes.
I would hope we would get an update directly from the secret service showing exactly where the dime bag was found and I would hope the premier and elite secret service agents can identify and get the DOJ involved to prosecute the individual responsible.

Congress oversees the Secret Service so I am hopeful they dig into this and get answers and are able to review the security tapes ASAP.

This is a black eye on the secret service and the Biden administration, so they need to investigate and find the guilty party this week. If not, they are a very bad protection detail.

According to every media report, the small bag of drugs was found in the anteroom of the west wing tourist/visitor entrance. This is a separate entry from the employee's entrance.  Visitors are not routinely subjected to drug-sniffing dogs.  Visitors, in the past, have to fill out a form in advance to be reviewed and cleared by the Secret Service before they ever get the ok to enter the building. 

Odds are the bag of coke was accidentally pulled out of someone's pocket.  Depending on how it happened the camera may or may not have captured it but the Secret Service probably won't tell us until/if they arrest someone. It is an ongoing investigation after all 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 12:56 PM)pally Wrote: According to every media report, the small bag of drugs was found in the anteroom of the west wing tourist/visitor entrance. This is a separate entry from the employee's entrance.  Visitors are not routinely subjected to drug-sniffing dogs.  Visitors, in the past, have to fill out a form in advance to be reviewed and cleared by the Secret Service before they ever get the ok to enter the building. 

Odds are the bag of coke was accidentally pulled out of someone's pocket.  Depending on how it happened the camera may or may not have captured it but the Secret Service probably won't tell us until/if they arrest someone. It is an ongoing investigation after all 

Every media report is using Jean-Pierre narrative and assuming it is accurate. I would love full transparency. I think it would be a good idea for the Secret Service to give Comer and Raskin a tour and show them exactly where the bag was found.

My guess is if this was indeed anthrax, the person would have already found and charged.

Joe Biden while a senator made a speech about a small amount of cocaine discovered on any person. He said they would serve a minimum of 5 years in prison. Yet today, he feels his son is great and is OK he is on his laptop using cocaine. The Biden hypocrisy know no bounds.

Come of secret service, use your cameras and solve the case and prosecute the individual.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Every media report is using Jean-Pierre narrative and assuming it is accurate. I would love full transparency. I think it would be a good idea for the Secret Service to give Comer and Raskin a tour and show them exactly where the bag was found.

My guess is if this was indeed anthrax, the person would have already fond and charged.

Joe Biden while a senator made a speech about a small amount of cocaine discovered on any person. He said they would serve a minimum of 5 years in prison. Yet today, he feels his son is great and is OK he is on his laptop using cocaine. The Biden hypocrisy know no bounds.

Come of secret service, use your cameras and solve the case and prosecute the individual.

Of course they're all going to stick to the "official release", this is a major embarrassment for an already wildly unpopular POTUS.  I'm willing to bet that there is equal or greater energies being spent on figuring out how the story got out so quickly, rather than assigning blame and prosecuting the culpable parties.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd simply point out that if this happened during Trump's presidency the media would be having a field day with this story. The contrast is jarring.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd simply point out that if this happened during Trump's presidency the media would be having a field day with this story.  The contrast is jarring.

I saw a poster post a pick of Donald Trump Jr. I was confusing as he likely has not been in the white house since Jan. of 2021. The left spin never ceases. We do know a cocaine addict has been at the white house a lot the past few months.

Secret Service needs to solve this and not cover anything up. Recording cameras are everywhere, so very easy to find the culprit. The SS reputation is on the line, their job is to protect the POTUS and his family, not cover up for them.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd simply point out that if this happened during Trump's presidency the media would be having a field day with this story.  The contrast is jarring.

Yeah well, and other parts of the media then would have called the "mainstream media" out for scandalizing this. 

And User Luvnit would be up in arms, how dare they implicate the Trump family with no evidence they had anything to do with this.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw a poster post a pick of Donald Trump Jr. I was confusing as he likely has not been in the white house since Jan. of 2021. The left spin never ceases. We do know a cocaine addict has been at the white house a lot the past few months.

Secret Service needs to solve this and not cover anything up. Recording cameras are everywhere, so very easy to find the culprit. The SS reputation is on the line, their job is to protect the POTUS and his family, not cover up for them.

If if happened during Trump's term he'd deny it ever happened, claim it was planted to make HIM look bad and then blame everyone else for their mistake.

To the best of my knowledge Biden said nothing and let the secret service investigate and handle it.

Hunter is recovering.  Jr is in denial. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: If if happened during Trump's term he'd deny it ever happened, claim it was planted to make HIM look bad and then blame everyone else for their mistake.

Maybe, I'll even give you probably.  Doesn't change or address my point at all.

Quote:To the best of my knowledge Biden said nothing and let the secret service investigate and handle it.

Hunter is recovering.  Jr is in denial. Mellow

Hunter is recovering?  Sweet summer child.  Comparing him to Don Jr. is laughable btw.  Don Jr. doesn't have a laptop full of illegal drug use, sex workers and likely underage woman.  Don Jr. is a douchebag, but he's a saint compared to Hunter the crackhead.

Thank you for making me have to actually defend the odious Don Jr.  I will never forgive you for this.   Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:42 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well, and other parts of the media then would have called the "mainstream media" out for scandalizing this. 

And User Luvnit would be up in arms, how dare they implicate the Trump family with no evidence they had anything to do with this.

Indeed.  It's almost as if "both sides do it".   Wink

But be fair, you'd get far more dogpiling on Trump than Biden is getting.  
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 02:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Maybe, I'll even give you probably.  Doesn't change or address my point at all.

Hunter is recovering?  Sweet summer child.  Comparing him to Don Jr. is laughable btw.  Don Jr. doesn't have a laptop full of illegal drug use, sex workers and likely underage woman.  Don Jr. is a douchebag, but he's a saint compared to Hunter the crackhead.

Thank you for making me have to actually defend the odious Don Jr.  I will never forgive you for this.   Cool

(07-06-2023, 02:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  It's almost as if "both sides do it".   Wink

You created a hypothetical and then argued other poster's hypothetical response was wrong...probably.

Maybe you have some secret insight into Hunters attempts at recovering from drug abuse.  I don't.  I'll give anyone credit for trying and their family for still loving them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: You created a hypothetical and then argued other poster's hypothetical response was wrong...probably.

Maybe you have some secret insight into Hunters attempts at recovering from drug abuse.  I don't.  I'll give anyone credit for trying and their family for still loving them.

Secret insight?  No.  What I have is over two decades of experience with drug addicts.  He has a severe drug problem.  He is also not in an in-patient treatment center.  If an addict is serious about recovery they check into in-patient treatment.  The Biden's are very wealthy, so cost is not an issue.  Also, we're talking in-patient for a significant time period for someone with his addiction issues.

So no, he's not serious about recovery as evidenced by his own actions.
Reply/Quote
We've come a long way from Billy Carter.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 02:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  It's almost as if "both sides do it".   Wink

Aaah... in the ominous "MSM", probably, for a time... I just guess Trump already would have sent out some heinous or asinine tweet and pulled the attention away.

Overall, I'll have to take a wait and see approach. FOX seems on a mission lately, and, well, they are worse Rolleyes eeh
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Secret insight?  No.  What I have is over two decades of experience with drug addicts.  He has a severe drug problem.  He is also not in an in-patient treatment center.  If an addict is serious about recovery they check into in-patient treatment.  The Biden's are very wealthy, so cost is not an issue.  Also, we're talking in-patient for a significant time period for someone with his addiction issues.

So no, he's not serious about recovery as evidenced by his own actions.

Not to say this is not likely and all, but diagnosing people from afar always is a tricky thing. It even made me uneasy when people did that with Trump.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Not to say this is not likely and all, but diagnosing people from afar always is a tricky thing. It even made me uneasy when people did that with Trump.

Trump made it a but easier by needlessly bragging about doing stuff that would put the average person in jail or on the sex offender registry in an odd attempt to impress people. 
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:29 PM)hollodero Wrote: Aaah... in the ominous "MSM", probably, for a time... I just guess Trump already would have sent out some heinous or asinine tweet and pulled the attention away.

Overall, I'll have to take a wait and see approach. FOX seems on a mission lately, and, well, they are worse Rolleyes eeh

Fox is more egregious, but the MSM makes up for that in sheer numbers.

(07-06-2023, 03:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Not to say this is not likely and all, but diagnosing people from afar always is a tricky thing. It even made me uneasy when people did that with Trump.

It's not really a diagnosis.  Any substance abuse counselor will tell you the same thing.  Any recovery program is better than none, but if you have a serious substance abuse program and you can afford to do it (and by afford I don't mean just money, I mean the time commitment required), you go to in-patient treatment if you're serious about recovery.  I've literally heard that exact line hundreds of times in various trainings.  Which doesn't even account for my personal experiences with addicts, both in my personal and professional life, which are extensive.

If you have a serious problem, out-patient is not going to cut it.
Reply/Quote
If there's one thing I've learned in my 4+ decades on this planet, even the most normal looking suburban mom will do coke.

Not shocked they found some....I am shocked someone left it there (Only users lose drugs? Right?)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:42 PM)basballguy Wrote: If there's one thing I've learned in my 4+ decades on this planet, even the most normal looking suburban mom will do coke.  

Not shocked they found some....I am shocked someone left it there (Only users lose drugs?  Right?)

It more intrigues me how this country will outlaw certain addictive and life altering things while simultaneously marketing the hell out of others.  

Cocaine is illegal for your own good and only a loser would want it, but let's make sure people can't go 3 seconds without hearing how awesome alcohol and gambling are. 
Reply/Quote