Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cochran, Gilliam or Prince from Practice Squad
It seems a need to bring up an offensive lineman from the practice squad due to injuries, but which one. As Bengals replace right side of O Line, then the back-ups now starting need back-ups. I think Prince has had game experience. I don't know much about Cochran or Gilliam. Whoever coaches feel is best to step in. Bench Depth at O Line now very much needed, and it looks like one of these three needs to suit up for bench depth in Play-Offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Nate Gilliam is an actual guard and that is the weakest position at the moment. Jackson Carman was acting as both back up tackle and back up left guard on Sunday. Dante Smith was inactive last Sunday. I would expect him to be active this weekend as well.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:34 PM)pally Wrote: Nate Gilliam is an actual guard and that is the weakest position at the moment.  Jackson Carman was acting as both back up tackle and back up left guard on Sunday.  Dante Smith was inactive last Sunday. I would expect him to be active this weekend as well.

Thanks for the info.  With back-ups gong in as starters, the back-ups will need back-ups.  Word from Bengals is don't look to see Collins or Cappa back for any of the play-offs.  So the right side of the O Line has to have the back-ups in now, but that means O Linemen need added for bench strength in case of more injuries.  Bengals will have to make a few moves on the roster this week to fill the O Line holes due to injuries.   Must Protect The Quarterback.  

So you think Gilliam.  They are going to have to bring up somebody from the Practice Squad.  If they are starting the back-ups, then somebody has to replace the back-ups as bench strength.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote