Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Core Will Beat Bengals as a WR
yea  but hes "fast" LOL ….This team just cant judge true talent. I watch other teams with FA WRs that are so SO much better than the garbage we send out there weekly. Its called scouting Mikey...you have a sorry ass team and a sorry ass coaching staff . THis team has the softest lines in the NFL..... I have never seen a team get pushed around on both sides as they do. Our  prize rookie Center got steamrolled into Dalton Ala Eric Guicheck style.....what a complete JOKE of a team and performance. I think all of us knew that we would not be able to defend Jackson and the RPO plays...we never have been able to figure out that rubix cube...other teams do....we just cant
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not so fast, my friend.  Lazor did quite well, considering he was playing with half a deck, when it comes to weapons to utilize.  He can't exactly go out there and make the plays for them.

But, in spite of the daunting circumstances, he gave the team an 8 point lead in the 2nd half.  At what point should it have been the defense's responsibility to stop someone in a Black Jersey from running all over their asses?

Mixon and Gio should have been involved in the passing game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Just shows how preseason is meaningless. These WR's all look good in preseason.

Core has done nothing the last two preseasons.  You can throw him in against 5th string camp meat scrubs and he will still suck, because he himself is a 5th string camp meat scrub.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, I don’t think he’s doing a good job. He’s allergic to using his #1 RB more than 10-15 times a game. And the injuries suck but every team deals with that, it’s not an excuse.

I will say in Lazor's defense, when your #1 RB is dealing with a knee injury and or you've only got 2 RB's active because you're wasting a roster spot on a talentless bum of a 7th WR because reasons, it's hard to just keep pounding the rock.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: The whole “play designed” argument is dumb. He was isolated one on one Dalton saw it and delivered it exactly where it needed to be. Core has to catch it, unfortunately we have seen too many times this year him not catch it. I’d really like to see Malone or Tate get more of Core’s snaps.

Where the hell has Erickson been on offense? He would have been a better choice than any of the guys listed. He's been pretty clutch his career on 3/4th downs. I Just don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon and Gio should have been involved in the passing game.

They both were, early.  I'm thinking that Joe may have gotten dinged up in the 1st half.  Gio might not be 100%, yet.  However, the defense allowed 275 yards rushing, to the Ravens.  And you want to continue to blame the Offensive Coordinator??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: I will say in Lazor's defense, when your #1 RB is dealing with a knee injury and or you've only got 2 RB's active because you're wasting a roster spot on a talentless bum of a 7th WR because reasons, it's hard to just keep pounding the rock.

Was Walton not dressed?

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Where the hell has Erickson been on offense? He would have been a better choice than any of the guys listed. He's been pretty clutch his career on 3/4th downs. I Just don't get it.

He never gets open.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They both were, early.  I'm thinking that Joe may have gotten dinged up in the 1st half.  Gio might not be 100%, yet.  However, the defense allowed 275 yards rushing, to the Ravens.  And you want to continue to blame the Offensive Coordinator??

Why does it always gotta be either or when it comes to blame? I think there’s plenty of blame to go around.

With that said, the defense did have a turnover, and gave the offense a short field for one of the scores, and they weren’t quite as bad as last few weeks.

People keep making excuses about the injuries on offense, but look at the LBers we’re trotting out there. Easily the worst position group on the team. Which is pretty bad considering our Oline still sucks.

Basically, we’re just not very good.

Reply/Quote
Good teams have quality depth players. We don't have that.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: I will say in Lazor's defense, when your #1 RB is dealing with a knee injury and or you've only got 2 RB's active because you're wasting a roster spot on a talentless bum of a 7th WR because reasons, it's hard to just keep pounding the rock.

As much as i hate to do it, i might go back and watch to see how many times they even tried to pull a guard on power or something outside. My gut reaction is Lazor, like Marv is stuck in the 70s and they just line up and run the same thing every week thinking it will work eventually if they execute. 

Zero imagination or adjusting to your personnel. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They both were, early.  I'm thinking that Joe may have gotten dinged up in the 1st half.  Gio might not be 100%, yet.  However, the defense allowed 275 yards rushing, to the Ravens.  And you want to continue to blame the Offensive Coordinator??

It's kind of easy to blame him when there don't seem to be any adjustment, game planning or in game, when something is obviously not working. It's like this coaching staff thinks, "well, these plays worked in the past so they should work again" and when they don't, they don't have the ability to adjust on the fly and try something different. 

The Chiefs misdirect your ass off to cause confusion. The Ravens and Steelers run crossers until the cows come home. It's like the Bengals are allergic to these ideas and think they can just beat you by lining up and out-executing you. Only this doesn't happen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's kind of easy to blame him when there don't seem to be any adjustment, game planning or in game, when something is obviously not working. It's like this coaching staff thinks, "well, these plays worked in the past so they should work again" and when they don't, they don't have the ability to adjust on the fly and try something different. 

The Chiefs misdirect your ass off to cause confusion. The Ravens and Steelers run crossers until the cows come home. It's like the Bengals are allergic to these ideas and think they can just beat you by lining up and out-executing you. Only this doesn't happen. 

In Marvin's  entire history if plan A fails there is no plan B ! Plan C = LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Where the hell has Erickson been on offense? He would have been a better choice than any of the guys listed. He's been pretty clutch his career on 3/4th downs. I Just don't get it.

With that press Erickson doesn’t even get open to make the catch. I have to see the all 22 but I don’t think Core was meant to be the guy on that play it was probably a combination involving Boyd and Ross but when they left Core on an island one on one you have to throw it there.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: The whole “play designed” argument is dumb. He was isolated one on one Dalton saw it and delivered it exactly where it needed to be. Core has to catch it, unfortunately we have seen too many times this year him not catch it. I’d really like to see Malone or Tate get more of Core’s snaps.

It is.....but saying Core should have never been on the field to begin with in that situation is a valid argument.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: It is.....but saying Core should have never been on the field to begin with in that situation is a valid argument.

Maybe. That is a catch that every NFL WR should be able to make though as it hit him in the numbers. Now maybe that drop solidifies that he shouldn't be an NFL WR, but coming in to the game they believed he could be which means he had done enough to make them think he could catch something. I personally would have liked to see Auden Tate, especially considering he caught a similar ball earlier in the game but to each their own.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Maybe. That is a catch that every NFL WR should be able to make though as it hit him in the numbers. Now maybe that drop solidifies that he shouldn't be an NFL WR, but coming in to the game they believed he could be which means he had done enough to make them think he could catch something. I personally would have liked to see Auden Tate, especially considering he caught a similar ball earlier in the game but to each their own.

Man.....I would like to have seen ANYONE out there but him!  

It did, hit him right on the money, and he had position on the DB, making him pretty much wide open.  He bobbles the ball, gives the DB an opportunity to make a play, which he did as we all know.  There's no way I send him back out there if I'm coaching.  No way.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Tate makes an impressive 3rd down snag just shy of the chains and then proceeds to sit on the bench while the Bengals trot out a guy who's proven he can't catch a cold. Same as trotting out Nickerson and Redmond
Reply/Quote