Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Core injured?
I heard he was on crutches over the weekend....has anyone know anything about that?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Minor injury, Core said he's ok

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/8/12/16138678/cody-core-ankle-injury-bengals-win-over-buccaneers
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update, really like Core. Dude could be special.

Same for Malone but i really like Core's physicality.
Reply/Quote
Minor doesnt equal crutches?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 02:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Minor doesnt equal crutches?

Seen before where some guys get hurt, wear a boot and use crutches and are back the next week.

Precautions of some sort is my guess. Atleast i hope so. Really like Core.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 02:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Minor doesnt equal crutches?

It does for athletes. They will put you in a boot or on crutches for almost any minor tweak just to try and speed the healing up.
Reply/Quote
As "solid" as LaFell is when out there, I really think the most lethal lineup for the Bengals will have Core at X, Ross in the slot, and AJ on the other side.

I can't wait to see a four-wide set with Ross, Malone, Core, and AJ Green. And then, you hand the ball off the Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As "solid" as LaFell is when out there, I really think the most lethal lineup for the Bengals will have Core at X, Ross in the slot, and AJ on the other side.  

I can't wait to see a four-wide set with Ross, Malone, Core, and AJ Green.  And then, you hand the ball off the Mixon.

I think that Malone and Core have more upside than LaFell, but currently I think LaFell is better just because of his experience. I think he's a very much underrated receiver, and one of his biggest upsides that no one that talks about is his blocking / route running ability. He might not be the fastest or biggest, but he's a smart player.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:02 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think that Malone and Core have more upside than LaFell, but currently I think LaFell is better just because of his experience. I think he's a very much underrated receiver, and one of his biggest upsides that no one that talks about is his blocking / route running ability. He might not be the fastest or biggest, but he's a smart player.

Doesn't alter the positioning of safeties, and he doesn't get much separation.  Don't get me wrong, I think he is a solid guy, but a lot of WRs could have the success he did if AJ Green was on the other side of the field.  It should be more home runs or the safeties must play way off to open up the underneath and the running game.  

Core and Ross will make a difference vs. last year on the outside. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Doesn't alter the positioning of safeties, and he doesn't get much separation.  Don't get me wrong, I think he is a solid guy, but a lot of WRs could have the success he did if AJ Green was on the other side of the field.  It should be more home runs or the safeties must play way off to open up the underneath and the running game.  

Lafell was one of the better #2 WRs in the NFL last year.. and when you consider we were 20th in pass attempts.. many other players got way more looks than Lafell.. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As "solid" as LaFell is when out there, I really think the most lethal lineup for the Bengals will have Core at X, Ross in the slot, and AJ on the other side.  

I can't wait to see a four-wide set with Ross, Malone, Core, and AJ Green.  And then, you hand the ball off the Mixon.

(08-15-2017, 10:02 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think that Malone and Core have more upside than LaFell, but currently I think LaFell is better just because of his experience. I think he's a very much underrated receiver, and one of his biggest upsides that no one that talks about is his blocking / route running ability. He might not be the fastest or biggest, but he's a smart player.

(08-15-2017, 11:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Doesn't alter the positioning of safeties, and he doesn't get much separation.  Don't get me wrong, I think he is a solid guy, but a lot of WRs could have the success he did if AJ Green was on the other side of the field.  It should be more home runs or the safeties must play way off to open up the underneath and the running game.  

I agree with both of you actually. Lafell is underrated cause he is very experienced and runs good routes. He is big as well.

We saw how the Offense was opened up last year when Core got snaps cuz Lafell as you say here SHRacer doesn't get much
seperation. Malone is even faster than Core and actually has better ball skills. This is some tough cuts that are about to happen
is all i know. I honestly believe we will keep 7 WR's to avoid this.
Reply/Quote

LaFell's best games were when Green was off of the field. Yeah, he can't take the top off of defenses, but he's very good at what he does. Plus we already have Green and Ross to be our speedsters.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lafell was one of the better #2 WRs in the NFL last year.. and when you consider we were 20th in pass attempts.. many other players got way more looks than Lafell.. 

LaFell was targeted much more than he probably would have been if there was an Eifert, an AJ, and a Gio...

And I didn't say he wasn't solid, but he isn't the speedster that could make this whole offense work.  I think LaFell is a really good option to rotate with Boyd in the slot, as well as provide depth at "X", but I want to see the young guys get their opportunities and develop in to a lethal WR group.  
Reply/Quote